Tried my first quest bar after reading all the hype here...

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
Taste/texture was fine...but sucralose (noticed after eating)? I thought this was the "chemical" free nutrition bar?

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Some people LOVE them.....some (like me) do not. Not sure exactly why, but of the four flavors I've tried, I just don't see the hype. That's ok though...more for the others who do like them!
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, they supposedly taste better when you heat them in the microwave? I bought one but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I bought a whole box of 12 because of all the awesome reviews I've read here. I was so excited for them, but I've tried 3 now and they don't sit well with me. The taste isn't bad really... I find it a little salty almost, but I think its the texture for me. I usually can't get more than half down and feel like I'm going to be sick for a while after. I gave them to my boyfriend. I'm really sad because I wanted to love them
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Bing one in the microwave for 9ish seconds and see what you think.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    im not a fan of them straight out of the packet, def heat it up!!
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think quest bars taste like *kitten*. I've yet to understand why everyone on here loves em.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I tried one, and yes, I zapped it in the micro, and I didn't like it at all.
  • nerdygymrat9
    nerdygymrat9 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Personally I really love Quest Bars, particularly apple pie, double chocolate chunk, and chocolate chip cookie dough flavors (strawberry cheesecake is not bad but not amazing), but everyone has their preferences.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    nothing is "chemical" free. everything including water is a chemical. stop using that word as if you found out there are pesticides in it
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are delicious. Cookie Dough/S'mores and choc chip are the best. If I bought a box of 12, I'd eat them in about 2/3 days.. :persevere:

They're made using something called VitaFiber. . that's what gives it is sweetness and high fiber content .
  • libbikins
    libbikins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i think they are NASTY ! however, quest does make a "chip" which is FABULOUS !! Very guilt free... I think about 120 calories, 5gm fat and 20 grams of protein !! found them at GNC. They come in a few diff flavors including bbq, sour cream and onion, and salt and vinegar. YUM! ;-)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I admit to have eaten 1-2 a day for the last two years... #addicted lol
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    I think quest bars taste like *kitten*. I've yet to understand why everyone on here loves em.
    I think if one is used to using artificial sweeteners then they are more likely to enjoy the flavor of the Quest Bars. That being said, some of the flavors that are flavors I would ordinarily enjoy I don't really care for in Quest Bar form.

I have more of an aversion to the the TEXTURE of Quest Bars. For me, putting them in the microwave helps with that issue somewhat.

I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. In my opinion, they are only "okay." Since I am willing to eat them I keep them around for days when I need more protein and/or fiber, but don't have a lot of calories left.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I love the choc brownie and double chocolate chunk. At over $50 for a box of 12, I eat them sparingly. However I could easy eat 2 or 3 a day!
  • IvanOcampo
    Options
    I love the choc brownie and double chocolate chunk. At over $50 for a box of 12, I eat them sparingly. However I could easy eat 2 or 3 a day!

UUH!! $50 for a box??! Try e-bay!! I get mine for free with a bag of protein powder..
    Shouldn't be paying more than $35 per 12!!
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »

UUH!! $50 for a box??! Try e-bay!! I get mine for free with a bag of protein powder..

i think people in 'straya and NZ are screwed when it comes to pricing lol. i have a cousin in auckland who pays almost 2x for the same protein powder as i do
  • IvanOcampo
    Options
    I'm in Melbourne. :)
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options
    $$$$$ lol
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I admit to have eaten 1-2 a day for the last two years... #addicted lol

Me too. And I eat Cookie Dough flavor microwaved for 20 seconds almost every time.
    Hasn't been two years for me but it's been months at least and not sick of them yet..
  • Christine_72
    Options
    IvanOcampo wrote: »

I've never bought anything from ebay.
    Also if it gets shipped from America, the exchange rate and shipping negates any savings :disappointed:
    My supplement store can do 12 for $42 but they only have the yuk flavours, and they're hopeless at getting stuff in!