Replies

• PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    kmsoucy457 wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »
    vigs98 wrote: »
    There is a powder peanut butter 2 TBS to 1TBS of water. They sell it walmart.... OMG just like real peanut butter[/center]

What is the benefit to buying powdered peanut butter?

The powdering process removes most/all of the fat, leaving all of the protein and fiber.

Why would you want to remove lovely tasty healthy dietary fats?

Oh I sure wouldn't! Just answering the nice lady's question. I do hear great things, both on this thread and through friends, about flavoring smoothies etc with it.
    cityruss wrote: »
    There is a powder peanut butter 2 TBS to 1TBS of water. They sell it walmart.... OMG just like real peanut butter[/center]

The powdering process removes most/all of the fat, leaving all of the protein and fiber.

Why would you want to remove lovely tasty healthy dietary fats?

Because it also removes majority of the calories while tasting like regular peanut butter.

Most people on here have calorie restrictions, PB2 helps meet said restrictions.
  • PerkisPower
    Options
    weird_me2 wrote: »
    OldHobo wrote: »
    Is it really just like real peanut butter?
    chatnel wrote: »
    I do this for most things, put the jar on the scales and scoop out weight required.

It is absolutely NOT just like real peanut butter. If you love peanut butter, it's a sad waste of calories.

Wholeheartedly agree with everyone on weighing the peanut butter. If you absolutely cannot weigh, then a leveled measuring spoon is next best. I've learned that I can pretty easily fit 3+ tablespoons of peanut butter on one of my regular "teaspoons". I like peanut butter.

PB2 is perfect for shakes, Oatmeal, stir fry or anything else you would use peanut butter as an adder.

What a lot of these posters that bash PB2 don't understand is that most people in here are on calorie restrictions. Peanut butter has an extremely high amount of calories for a small serving. It's great if you are on a bulk but if you are attempting to cut weight, not always the best option If you are attempting to feel full while cutting.

PB2 has completely curbed my cravings for peanut butter. Been over 2 years since I've had it . Currently have 4 containers of PB2 in the pantry!
  • PerkisPower
    Options

four servings of PB2 is equal to one serving of peanut butter in calories. Perfect substitute.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ive rethought my reply after making my own various nut butters in our Ninja blender. Screw it. Eat all you want, just realize that you have to fit it in your calorie goals or at least accept that it'll take extra work that day to use those calories. One thing is for sure - 2 lousy tablespoons isnt anywhere NEAR enough of a serving. barely wets the appetite. I'll eat a bunch and Im done when I say Im done. Period. Doesnt effect me negatively at all.
  • Annasmom1971
    Annasmom1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As with anything, moderation is the key... A spoonful of PB as a quick protein-rich snack after a work-out or to tie you over until dinner isn't going to hurt as long as you remember to log it. When my daughter and I were doing Zumba, we used to enjoy a post-workout snack.. Take 2 T of peanut butter and a tsp of chocolate chips, melt them together in the microwave for 5-10 seconds... Break up a banana and dip it into the melty-peanutty goodness. YUM!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I added a measured Tbs of regular peanut butter into my smoothies a couple of times and couldnt even taste it in there!! So i got the calories but no peanut butter flavour :cry: That's when I swapped over to PB2, 12g for 45 calories and a wonderful peanut buttery tasting smoothie.
    I still haven't tried it on toast yet....
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    After underestimating my PB intake I now only use a TB measuring spoo to keep me accurate. It's a pain but worth it to my end game.
    I read some great advice here in the forums a couple days ago.

Weigh the jar before you take out your peanut butter and then weigh it afterward. That will tell you how many grams of peanut butter you removed. That way, you can just get it out of the jar with a knife and still know exactly how much you got.

Just leave the jar on the scale. Tare it to 0, then take how many grams you need.... Then you can lick the knife or spoon and not go over your cals

OMG Brilliant, why haven't I thought of this
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm a new convert to pb, I used to hate it. But... Almond butter, omg it's absolutely gorgeous. I have the meridian brand. I have to really discipline myself to measure it and keep to my logged amount! Totally worth every calorie
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    CM9178 wrote: »
    After underestimating my PB intake I now only use a TB measuring spoo to keep me accurate. It's a pain but worth it to my end game.

Um, if you are measuring your peanut butter with a tablespoon I can pretty much guarantee you are eating much more than a tablespoon. Weigh it.

a tablespoon measuring spoon is not a silverware tablespoon. As long as it's a level measuring spoon's worth they're fine!

absolutely not. You shouldn't measure peanut butter with a measuring spoon, it should be weighed in grams. Try it.
    Creamy foods like that should always be weighed because it is very easy to pack more into the measuring spoon or cup without even realizing it.