What do you think about when working out?

Options
Check out this new Nike Ad:

http://elitedaily.com/women/nike-ad-honest-thoughts-women-working-out-video/1000990/

I thought this would be a fun discussion...what are some of the thoughts you have when working out?

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Mostly a continuation of, "Don't die, don't die, breathe, please don't die, LOVE OF GOD A CRAMP ow ow ow ow, don't die"
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mostly a continuation of, "Don't die, don't die, breathe, please don't die, LOVE OF GOD A CRAMP ow ow ow ow, don't die"
    Hahahaha!!!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

LOL totally during HIIT the only thing I think of.

Honestly during steady state runs and such I think about everything, its my favorite time to just chill with my own mind and sort stuff out, it helps me take my mind off of the time. During strength training mostly making sure I have proper form, reminders over and over again, but by the end usually something along the lines of "damn I feel strong!"

• beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Mostly a continuation of, "Don't die, don't die, breathe, please don't die, don't die"

This
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    during cardio i just watch the clock tick away slowly. When i'm lifting i think about how i'm gonna pass the next level of candy crush, which i play between sets.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm usually really focused on the task. In between sets I'm usually just chillin to music, maybe thinkin what I'm going throw in my stomach, and wondering if my spotter just crop dusted me.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sex!!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Almost anytime I go to the gym (or out for a walk), my mind is whirring like crazy. Many things are going around and around (pet surgery, elderly parents and tests, dealing with work issues, eating something crappy or not, etc.) When I start to really get into my training for the day....it all eventually starts to fall away and that is the main reason I go. There are many others as well, but to not be thinking and just 'be' is what I aim to do when I am there putting in time and energy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It depends on the workout...when I'm lifting I'm pretty focused on the task at hand...that *kitten*'s heavy. If I'm out on a nice long, slow ride I think about all kinds of things...it would be pretty hard to narrow it down...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to audiobooks, so that's what I think about, but when I'm doing a particularly challenging run I keep telling myself "just a little bit more, don't you dare collapse now, you're so close"
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    If I am on the treadmill, I could be thinking about almost anything. Using it is pretty mindless, even if exhausting.

On the rower, I have to pay attention to form. I often just stare at the meters and wonder why there are so many left. Why do I do this to myself? Rowing sucks. Rowing sucks. Rowing sucks. Oooh cool song! Crap, that's garbage form, you lazy sloth! Rowing sucks. Only 600 more meters. Ah, done! Thank all the gods. OK, let's try 2000 more meters...
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I look at the clock on the screen, counting down the time until the workout is done and I can then sit on the couch and read a book, while drinking wine.....that thought in my head keeps me going....:)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Sex!!

Yup pretty much this - all while hoping I can finish my workout without collapsing purple in the face and embarrassing myself. Made it so far.

edited because apparently I can't spell the word 'and'
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing. Lifting tends to need more focus, cardio, I'm usually listening to music or looking at my surroundings, or wondering when this interval is going to be over!
  • sy8s
    sy8s Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm dying!! Haha
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Check out this new Nike Ad:

http://elitedaily.com/women/nike-ad-honest-thoughts-women-working-out-video/1000990/

I thought this would be a fun discussion...what are some of the thoughts you have when working out?

Continue continue weak sauce.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Either counting reps or whatever song I'm listening to. Or scouting out the empty equipment I can move to when I'm done.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When I ran regularly I thought about blog posts I wanted to write, projects I was working on, basically anything and everything to distract myself from the fact that I was running.

Now I almost exclusively lift and so most of my thoughts revolve around not dropping the bar on my face or foot, depending on the lift.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Mostly just running through cues in my head, or not allowing myself to miss any reps.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't think of anything when I work out. That's what I love about it. I focus on counting my reps and that is it.