Chips, chips and more chips!!

Options
I crave chips! I can ignore if for a few days or sometimes satisfy it with popcorn. But eventually I give in. What are your favorite ways to satisfy that crunchy salty craving?

Replies

• katelynmielke23
    katelynmielke23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try eating some peaunuts instead
  • nettam3re3
    nettam3re3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds in the shell!
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Chips are delicious!!
    Try quest chips if you can't fit normal ones into your macros. :)
    Otherwise, make your own!
    I often make kale chips, or cut potatoes really thing and put them in the oven for a while .. can make them out of sweet potatoes or squash.. or practically anything really.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    By actually fitting a serving or two of my favorite chips into my day. Helps tons!! :smile:
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I crave chips! I can ignore if for a few days or sometimes satisfy it with popcorn. But eventually I give in. What are your favorite ways to satisfy that crunchy salty craving?

I'm the same. ❤️ chips! It's probably the one food that gives me the most trouble. I've been chip free for the past eight days and I gotta tell you it's been hell. Hoping to lose my cravings for them by eating much healthier.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Try eating some peaunuts instead

Peanut calories add up way fast. Have you weighed yours on a food scale?

Popcorn.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. I found a seasoning to put on mine that makes it taste like BBQ Lays. :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Popcorn. I found a seasoning to put on mine that makes it taste like BBQ Lays. :)

Tell us your secret. I've yet to play with seasoning my popcorn really.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It's from Aldi, Stonemill Essentials Chipotle BBQ seasoning. It is 0 calories for 1/4 tsp. But since (gasp) sugar is the #1 ingredient, I'm sure it adds up.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It's from Aldi, Stonemill Essentials Chipotle BBQ seasoning. It is 0 calories for 1/4 tsp. But since (gasp) sugar is the #1 ingredient, I'm sure it adds up.

Yeah, not much though. I want to start putting fun seasonings on mine. Thanks.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love chips and we're going on a road trip this afternoon and I'd usually grab a big bag for snacks. I grabbed a bag of Poptopia Salt & Vinegar popcorn instead. Hope it scratches the itch!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I go to lightly salted dried edamame. It satisfies that crunch and the salt. :D
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would probably just fit some chips in if I was really craving them because sometimes substitutes just aren't the same, but I really like veggie straws/veggie chips.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I went to Panera tonight after Zumba ... got the Power Chicken Hummus bowl ... and when asked what side I wanted ... yes ma'am I went for the chips. Tore open that bag on the way home. Only ate half the bag though. Threw the rest away immediately when I got home. Met my calories though.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I love snapea crisps! 110 calories & 5 grams of protein for 28 grams.
  • erinmccormick00
    erinmccormick00 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'll have popcorn sometimes, but maybe I just need to fit a serving of chips in every now and then. :)
    Chips and salsa...my weakness !!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Baked seasoned chickpeas kinda work when you're tight on calories.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ah, I thought you meant potato chips, which I would love to learn to make but I don't have a mandolin. Tortilla chips are easy and fast. I always have corn tortillas on hand, but it's better for everyone if we don't regularly stock chips. Brush or spray each side ever so lightly with canola (or other high temp oil), cut into wedges and broil a couple minutes each side. Watch it like a hawk. Once they start to brown, it goes fast. A quick spray on 2 tortillas for me is 2g oil. You can broil without the oil, but crispier with it.

Nuts satisfy my cravings, too, but they're hugely caloric. You could have 2 tortillas worth of chips+salsa for the kcal in 1oz almonds. So pick what you really enjoy.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I just have chips, but I buy a small serving- I have tried every kind of substitute, but they either don't work (no, seeds don't taste like chips) or were just as difficult to stop eating (crackers of any kind, especially when eaten with cheese. I can eat half a bag if I start). I used to try not to eat them, but I'd end up eating them every other day because I was so focused on them. I had to stop trying to limit them, and accept that I could have them whenever I felt like it, then it became not such a big deal. I have them once or twice a month now, no big whoop.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    How are dill pickles not mentioned here! So salty and great.

I can't buy chips because I will EAT ALL THE CHIPS.