Chips, chips and more chips!!

Options

Replies

• peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I love snapea crisps! 110 calories & 5 grams of protein for 28 grams.

Or just eat the real thing. Fresh snap peas are only like 45 calories for the same weight and have a great crunch to them.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'll make sure to carve out two servings worth of cheez-its in my day if I feel the need for something like that.

Totally did that last night, and it was totally awesome.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I love snapea crisps! 110 calories & 5 grams of protein for 28 grams.

Or just eat the real thing. Fresh snap peas are only like 45 calories for the same weight and have a great crunch to them.

But I don't want the real thing. I LOVE the snapea crisps :)
  • marmaladepixie
    marmaladepixie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    kale chips, roasted chickpeas
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Still chip-free. It's still hell lol.

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I personally love Special K cracker chips sour cream and onion. They remind of O'Boise chips I used to eat as a kid. You can have 30 grams or about 25 chips for 120 cals. They have a lot of flavoring on them. Man now I want some chips. Haha!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    When I want chips I have them. I have a bag of tortilla chips sitting in my kitchen that has so far lasted several weeks. I just count out my portion and take time to really enjoy them. The calories are not to bad but the salt will make me hold a pound or two of water for a couple of days so right now I tend to only eat chips if I really really crave them. Also I love sweet potato and beet chips. A little bit healthier but still with that crunchy chip satisfaction.
  • maryliscious
    maryliscious Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Beanitos. They're a bean chip. They have a great crunch. Also, pita chips with hummus.
  • KellieTru
    Options
    Ok so last night I bought a bag of Garden Veggie Straws rosemary and olive oil flavor. They weren't bad and satisfied that crispy-crunchy-salty want.
    Still--not chips.
    Winning the war!!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I balance having them anyway, but small bags of 100 cal ones and also like eating crispbreads. I like the sesame ones, also the sunflower and oat ones are things id eat even if I wasnt on a diet. They are delicious.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Pickles will do it for me most of the time. If not then I have to have cheddar ruffles. I buy the tiny bags and eat slowly . one . at . a . time.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with any low/no fat carby crunchies that don't involve olestra (read: stained pants) as long as I'm okay with the texture... they're getting doused in greek yogurt anyway.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    nettamere3 wrote: »
    Sunflower seeds in the shell!
    This is my trick too! It's an activity and a snack at the same time ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Single bag of chips.

Or Quest chips, I love those, although I know a lot of people don't, lol.
    KellieTru wrote: »
    Ok so last night I bought a bag of Garden Veggie Straws rosemary and olive oil flavor. They weren't bad and satisfied that crispy-crunchy-salty want.
    Still--not chips.
    Winning the war!!

But why? The problem with chips isn't the potatoes, it's all the oil they are fried on. Calories are probably similar with veggie chips... might as well have the real thing.
  • JennyT576
    JennyT576 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I honestly suggest eating chips. It's mostly about the serving size. To me, nothing tastes the same. I've eaten the baked ones and the healthy versions, and pop chips and cracker chips..... they aren't the same. Try to buy those little lunch box size of pringles or the tiny bags at the dollar store. I also buy the big box of tiny chip bags, they are sorta the Halloween type size. Eat one, be done with the craving..... it will return and you will be equipped with a pre packaged portion. I think any time you tell yourself you can't have something, you will crave it even more. Have some... just not a ton and always add the amount honestly to mfp!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I stab it with discipline and light it on fire with willpower.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    It's easy to make oil free microwave chips. I line the plate with silicon coated baking paper. I also slice the potatoes in a food processor or mandolin. They continue to crisp as they cool.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Delicious-Healthy-Homemade-Potato-Chi/
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Single serving bags are hard to find. Usually the packaging has 2+ servings in it. I am still torn on the chips idea. Regular potato chips are still potato and veggie chips are veggies and bean chips are still beans.

No matter how they are cooked (baked or fried) it is still caloric and you just have to plan them in your day just like chocolate or ice cream for dessert.

My new love is Beanitos and also Skinny Pop (naturally sweet...NOmNOmNom) and they are just as "carby" and salty just like Golden Flake or Ruffels. So if you are going to have a chip, have a chip. Count them out and put the bag away...

A little self control...
  • KellieTru
    Options
    I feel addicted to chips. That's my red flag food. It's full of salt and oil and has no real nutritional value. Because of those reasons, I'm trying to give them up. But that's me.
  • kristen_bures
    kristen_bures Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I crave chips! I can ignore if for a few days or sometimes satisfy it with popcorn. But eventually I give in. What are your favorite ways to satisfy that crunchy salty craving?

I just found seaweed chips at the store. Great alternative. Also you can make your own chips out of a whole bunch of veggies.