Why do I gain 3-4lbs everytime I eat?!

Options
Its so irritating and discourageing! I was eating 3-600cal meals a day but since my weight explodes so easily I have to turned to Intermittent Fasting. I do a 20-4 window(1800cal meal).It seems to be helping with my weightloss but I still gain 3-4lbs when I eat that meal too...

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Erm, you know whatever the food on your plate weighs will weigh the same in your belly until it is processed and digested?

A litre of water weighs a kilogram, whether it is in a bottle, or in your gut. Food is the same. Of course you will weight more right after eating, you just put physical matter into your stomach.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    Please use an applications such as weightgrapher or trendweight to smooth out your natural daily weight variations and uncover the underlying trends of how your weight is changing over time.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I hate that! I also gain weight every time I put clothes on!
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What do you think happens to food when you eat it?
    Why are you repeatedly weighing yourself after you eat? What's the purpose?
    Just curiosity I guess?.
  • jonnie256
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Please use an applications such as weightgrapher or trendweight to smooth out your natural daily weight variations and uncover the underlying trends of how your weight is changing over time.

Wut?.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    This is why you should only weigh at most once a day, in the morning, before you've eaten.... Of course you gain after eating, what do you expect??
  • jonnie256
    Options
    Erm, you know whatever the food on your plate weighs will weigh the same in your belly until it is processed and digested?

A litre of water weighs a kilogram, whether it is in a bottle, or in your gut. Food is the same. Of course you will weight more right after eating, you just put physical matter into your stomach.

This is true. Maybe I should start weighing my food more.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I hate that! I also gain weight every time I put clothes on!

In for the win :bigsmile:
  • jonnie256
    Options
    Think I am just addicted to the scale and need not be.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Huh?
    He eats. He weights more. He drinks he weights more. He pees and poos. He weights less. He retains water due to salt or exercise and he weights more. He wonders why he weights more. He gets concerned. He is trying to fix that concern by changing how he eats so that his weight doesn't vary.

Or

He can plug his weight in an app every day. The app smooths out irrelevant variations. He can look at a trend. The trendline more clearly answers the question that is probably underlying his weighting himself, namely: am I gaining or losing weight today?

I mean at any point of time he weighs the weight his scale told him he weighs. Not sure what that tells him in isolation and without comparing it meaningfully to previous numbers especially if the changes seem to cause concern.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

It weighs a lot more on Jupiter.

Maybe he's eating and then going to Jupiter.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ooooookkkkkkkk......

Let's see
    One pound of food on your plate is the same weight in your stomach. It doesn't disappear or disintigrate. It eventually gets absorbed and used/expelled in different ways but not immediately
  • nancyjay__
    edited April 2015
    Options

Should have just quoted lol
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    jonnie256 wrote: »

Wait. Are you going to weigh your food for the sole purpose you dont weigh too much more after you eat?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    nancyjay__ wrote: »

Wait. Are you going to weigh your food for the sole purpose you dont weigh too much more after you eat?

That was what I wondered too.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Me too. OP, what your food weighs when it goes into you doesn't matter, it's how many calories are in it. If you're considering trying to eat lighter food so you weigh less immediately after then... well... yeah. That's a whole new level of weird. Just stay off the scale, dude.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Karen, walk away from the computer immediately before you say something stupid..... oh wait, that's been done already :/
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Me too. OP, what your food weighs when it goes into you doesn't matter, it's how many calories are in it. If you're considering trying to eat lighter food so you weigh less immediately after then... well... yeah. That's a whole new level of weird. Just stay off the scale, dude.

This.