Can someone recommend a decent tasting low calorie protein shake please?

Options
13»

Replies

• rawk_fairy_666
    rawk_fairy_666 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Could someone actually explain bout TDEE? I don't actually know what it means and what I should be working out. Like I said I am not an expert here!
  • josefina_22
    josefina_22 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I drink the sugar free muscle milk with 15g of protein! It's on the lower end of a lot of protein shakes but it's only 100 cal and makes a good lunch replacement when I have classes since they're premade cartons! Plus I really like the taste of it so that's always good!
  • EricaJo19
    Options
    Protein Powder by Quest Nutrition! (Same people who make quest bars). The Peanut Butter flavor is to die for! I love the Chocolate one too though. They have sample packs available on their website if you want to try it without buying a huge container. I usually just mix it with 1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk and it tastes awesome. Hope this helps.
  • Motherbuttercup
    Motherbuttercup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the Virgin Diet all-in-one meal. The plant based one is all natural ingredients and no artificial sweeteners, GMO's, soy, etc
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Could someone actually explain bout TDEE? I don't actually know what it means and what I should be working out. Like I said I am not an expert here!

TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

You use online calculators to figure out how much you would eat to maintain, and then you cut by a percentage to lose weight. Here's an example of one.

Ideally you want to find a few calculators and average the numbers they give you.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    A lot of the stuff out there has fillers, artificial flavors and colors, sucralose, just junk and horrible for the gut - bad for digestion over the long-term. One brand I've found to be very good and is all natural is Natural Force. http://www.mynaturalforce.com/. Another one would be Legion Supplements - they use Stevia as a sweetener - https://legionsupplements.com/.
  • theconstantgardener
    theconstantgardener Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A massive scoop of myprotein diet whey double chocolate is only around 210 calories and I can't believe how filling it is. In the sense that throughout the day not just until the next meal my hunger is easily satiated. The first time I tried with water and couldn't finish it it was so sweet (don't have a sweet tooth) but I persevered and now with 200ml skim milk and lots of ice blended in and it tastes delicious. I can't wait to get back from my run and have my shake!
  • rawk_fairy_666
    Options
    Thank you very much for the advice and suggestions. I am going to give the chocolate milk a try and if i dont get on with that then i will try a protein shake. Thanks for the well wishes and good lucks too!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the advice and suggestions. I am going to give the chocolate milk a try and if i dont get on with that then i will try a protein shake. Thanks for the well wishes and good lucks too!

Frijj now do a 40% less sugar milkshake - strawberry and chocolate flavour. the macros are pretty good for them.
  • rawk_fairy_666
    Options

Frijj now do a 40% less sugar milkshake - strawberry and chocolate flavour. the macros are pretty good for them.

Thank you I will look out for it!