Does anyone have a fix for stress that isn't food?

Options
124»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wine, sexy time, dead lifts. Or dead lifts, wine, sexy time.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Wine is grapes! If you get to have grapes I want chocolate!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

From what I've seen of your diary, no one has ever stopped you from eating chocolate! Bahaha.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

From what I've seen of your diary, no one has ever stopped you from eating chocolate! Bahaha.

lorv1ngixags.jpeg
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Napping. Can't stress if I'm not awake! Nevermind the night terrors and angry rants in my sleep.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Cleaning. When the house is clean, I am more relaxed.
    Omg... Nothing stresses me out more than cleaning. I've got to do it when no one is around so I don't rip on them.
  • arditarose
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Omg... Nothing stresses me out more than cleaning. I've got to do it when no one is around so I don't rip on them.

I never liked being around my mother when she was cleaning. Very very stressful.
  • ynarmous
    ynarmous Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    exercise and singing :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »

Cleaning relaxes me like none other. I feel so amazing and relieved when the house is clean. The rest of the world may be falling to hell, but if my house is spotless/polished and a candle is lit, ATLEAST i know thats out of the way.

But then again, i've got OCD so developing compulsions to relieve stress is nothing new to me. ;)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I put 60s CDs in my player, turn it up sky high, and dance! I can even clean up the house a bit while doing that.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If I achieve flow while painting I enter an altered state where time stands still. Stress does not survive there.

http://www.ted.com/talks/mihaly_csikszentmihalyi_on_flow?language=en
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Housework. I'm one of those people who will have a sparkling house whenever I'm furious.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    laura3977 wrote: »
    tibby531 wrote: »
    davis_em wrote: »
    Running. And singing. Sounds stupid, but if a run doesn't fix my mood, singing a couple of songs almost always makes me feel better. :flowerforyou: I hope you find something that helps.

work out, or lock myself in the car, turn the radio up as loud as it will go and try to be heard over the speakers. I call it "constructive screaming." ;) I start with something really hard, screamy, then slowly but surely switch over to funny/silly songs. try feeling all ugh-status while singing along to "what does the fox say?" ;)

just let it out!

It's pretty much impossible to have an ugh-status day if "What Does the Fox Say?" is playing!

Okay...had no clue what this was so I looked it up, watched it and have just three things to say:

1. What in the nine fresh hells?
    2. This isn't some cult thing having to do with Fuzzies, is it?
    3. I want my 3 minutes and 29 seconds back.