Stretch mark removal creams

Options
2»

Replies

• spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've said this before, but why do you never see celebrity mums with stretch marks? I understand they can photo shop them out in pictures in magazines etc
    But what about on TV?? Surely they can't photo shopesque them out on there?? It's obviously not that they are immune to stretch marks, or have they In fact found something to prevent or get rid of them??

My guess is makeup or laser removal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I've said this before, but why do you never see celebrity mums with stretch marks? I understand they can photo shop them out in pictures in magazines etc
    But what about on TV?? Surely they can't photo shopesque them out on there?? It's obviously not that they are immune to stretch marks, or have they In fact found something to prevent or get rid of them??
    Good expensive camouflage cream. There are also Airbrushing make up kits now on the market that make it easier to apply more evenly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah...no creams are helping there. Mine got a lot lighter after I lost weight. Staying moisturized helps the appearance of my skin overall, but nothing really takes them away. Now that I'm in a healthy weight range, I care a lot less about them though.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

Personally, I'm not interested in looking at half-naked women with or without stretch marks, whether in magazines or on television, hah!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Airbrush make up and fake tanner, clever lighting and wardrobe choices. They pay people thousands of dollars to hide them :P
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »
    My dermatologist recommends Mederma for reducing scars, and I think they have a version for stretch marks. But it's expensive, and I wouldn't bother with it without checking with your dermatologist first. (Ask about it when you do your annual skin cancer screening, which is covered by most insurance, I think.) Just don't ask a regular general practitioner. They're not experts in everything. And don't ask a cosmetic dermatologist that will try to sell you snake oil.

Nope. Most insurances do not cover it, at least not in the US.
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I needle them at home (1.5 mm dermaroller and 1.5 single needles for targeted marks once a month) and every two days apply home made fresh vitamin C serum and 0.1% tretinoin creme, wich is easily accesible and cheaper here in Spain than in other countries. I´m afraid the stretch marks will never go away but after a year doing this I can see a light improvement in their appareance. It also helps with sagging skin, scars, wrinkles and sun damage on the face and decolletage. No miracles, of course, but some light improvement. Its is VERY important to avoid the sun (if you can, wich is impossible for me as I am an Andalusian) or protect your skin every single day with high SPF, sunglasses, clothes and hats. I also camouflage them sometimes with make up base with high SPF. Sun damages collagen and make things worse.
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Also olive oil helps. It does nothing for existing stretch marks but it may prevent new ones by improving skin elasticity.