NEW STAR WARS TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have my reservations about how this new ones are going to be but you bet your a** I will be in the theater watching them!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I have my reservations about how this new ones are going to be but you bet your a** I will be in the theater watching them!

The new 3 sucked balls I sure am hoping they don't f this up.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Options
    I've liked them all mostly because I just enjoy the series but when new people dip their hands into the pot of directing or producing a franchise like this, it always makes me nervous.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Options
    I actually heard on the radio today a new perspective on Star Wars that I found interesting. Someone compared the story line to a group of religious people trying to over throw the government and military. They talked about how Vader realized that he was initially on the wrong side and joined the army to combat those who were trying to fight the order...Makes me want to re-watch them all and try to understand that line of view.
  • kungfuthis
    kungfuthis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YASSS! *breaks out lightsaber* >:)
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok.... Forgive me here but I'm going to sound like an utter geek and say the following.

Even though I did like the trailer, and got strong feels over the use of the original trilogy music, and the Imperial aesthetics, the PoC inclusion, and all that, I still have strong reservations. My main one has to do with the use of the Extended Universe canon. Like... on one hand we have been told that the EU is no longer canon (which hurts me a lot; the Thrawn trilogy is my favourite Star Wars novel series), and that we can expect something entirely new. And yet, here is a villain that is either Darth Revan, or something very similar to Darth Revan (which is such a bad choice, since Revan was the protagonist of the KOTOR games, and thus by creating a canon Revan the franchise is *kitten* on all of our player choices, including the very gender of Revan).

I would rather they either stick to the Extended Universe canon, or they just discard it entirely. Taking elements from it and twisting them and effing them up is sure to hurt a lot of old fans.

.....Yeah, sorry. I am an immense nerd.
  • MrWillis212
    MrWillis212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I actually heard on the radio today a new perspective on Star Wars that I found interesting. Someone compared the story line to a group of religious people trying to over throw the government and military. They talked about how Vader realized that he was initially on the wrong side and joined the army to combat those who were trying to fight the order...Makes me want to re-watch them all and try to understand that line of view.

I've heard this theory before, its quite an interesting way at looking at the grand scope of things. Watching the trailer this morning got me all excited for what the future holds, can't wait to see how it all ties together.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Makes me want to go out and find myself a nice nerd-man to settle down with :laugh:
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I agree as far as the Thrawn Trilogy goes I read a whole bunch love the books that took place afterwards about 4 to5 years ago. I'm not familiar with the villain that you talk about I don't think I read those books. I do wish they had stuck with the universe there Basie they are basically creating a new story line right? I am a little concerned but I think after the last debacle if they madewith episodes 1 through 3 they will be weary to make the same mistakes of a terrible story line
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It got me more excited than most of the hype so far, but honestly I just wished they had followed the book story line at least in part, I loved the first few after Return, always wished they were put to film :P
  • MrWillis212
    Options
    @lydiakitten The Thrawn trilogy was a big part of what got myself into the EU, but there was always going to be a change when Disney took over. I was hesitant at first but I'm feeling better about it with the new EU and footage of EP7, its big shoes to fill though trying to match the old EU which is why it had to not become canon.

Now onto Reven, where (Kylo Ren) mask does look like in some ways like Reven's from the Old Republic, its not. I don't think they would reference Reven at all I am thinking more along the lines of someone kept Darth Vader's mask whether it is Kylo Ren or someone else its yet to be seen, the pedestal it's on however looks very Imperial in design. Anyway back on point I believe the reason for the mask is to create another menacing Imperial enforcer to try and mimic the same feeling that Darth Vader had on the galaxy.

But its all speculation we will have to wait and see.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Although I hated the three new ones, I'm actually excited to see this new one!! :blush:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok.... Forgive me here but I'm going to sound like an utter geek and say the following.

Even though I did like the trailer, and got strong feels over the use of the original trilogy music, and the Imperial aesthetics, the PoC inclusion, and all that, I still have strong reservations. My main one has to do with the use of the Extended Universe canon. Like... on one hand we have been told that the EU is no longer canon (which hurts me a lot; the Thrawn trilogy is my favourite Star Wars novel series), and that we can expect something entirely new. And yet, here is a villain that is either Darth Revan, or something very similar to Darth Revan (which is such a bad choice, since Revan was the protagonist of the KOTOR games, and thus by creating a canon Revan the franchise is *kitten* on all of our player choices, including the very gender of Revan).

I would rather they either stick to the Extended Universe canon, or they just discard it entirely. Taking elements from it and twisting them and effing them up is sure to hurt a lot of old fans.

.....Yeah, sorry. I am an immense nerd.

Darth Revan was thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin (Episode 1). This is Kylo Ren 30 years past the battle of Yavin, and since the inception of the Rule of Two (one master one apprentice), it isn't uncommon for Sith to find artifacts, holocrons, weaponry of former Sith Masters and either use them, or recreate them aesthetically for themselves.

While I love the EU, it was completely out of sync and a hot mess. I'm glad they're making future directors and authors follow a chronology.

edit: Coruscant didn't exist until The Thrawn Trilogy.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    ive been worried ever since disney said they wont follow the expanded universe... but this trailer definitely put some fears to rest...looks like JJ might have done this right. ill reserve judgment for 12/18 but i have higher hopes now. Spoiler alert kinda but not really lol :....Im wondering who the other person is Luke is talking to who the force is strong with. Wondering if its Hans n Leah's kid or Luke's kid.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know! I am not saying it's the "EU canon Revan", it's probably The Inquisitor or a Dark Jedi like the Asajj Ventress, still, Kylo Ren is still clearly a Revan rip-off in so many ways.

I mean look.... Kylo Ren:

NEJxyiGs8KdyMS_2_b.jpg

Darth Revan:

_fanart__darth_revan_by_kreetak-d88jqjc.png

So yeah, they better not screw this up, because Revan is my baby and they better make sure that if they dare use Revan as a character inspiration or something, even aesthetically, they do the character justice.

I am sentimental about KOTOR, okay? :'(
  • MrWillis212
    Options
    @lydiakitten Haha :) yes that's all any of us could ask for, that they better not screw this up!
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    YEEEESSSSSSS!!! Today was all about the nerd feels. Seriously, I forgot about the need to be healthy, and just watched that damn trailer like 10 times while eating cheese and crackers and tweeting like a madwoman. It should be said that I have literally never written a single thing on twitter, and then came the star wars trailer, and I was ALL ABOUT IT.

I thought that I could never love Star Wars again after the prequels. Have been super skeptical until now. But I am 100% ON BOARD for this. Oh. All the feels, for real
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    So, one of the debates now is did Darth Vader/Annakins body disappear like Obi wan did when he died or did it burn when his costume was burned?