NEW STAR WARS TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MrWillis212
    MrWillis212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hmm well @Jersey__Devil It may have disappeared, only reference I can think of is that when Yoda and Obi-wan died they disappeared and were seen at the end of RoTJ as force spirits, Vader spirit was also there on the moon of Endor. But thinking back and this is some serious nerd coming out, it was referenced in both the clone war series and in the movies that Qui-Gon discovered a way to communicate with the living which was then taught to Yoda, who showed Obi-Wan which could explain why they disappear and become one with the Force. But who knows maybe it will be explained what happen to Vader's body after the Death Star. Good debate though.
  • kungfuthis
    kungfuthis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So, one of the debates now is did Darth Vader/Annakins body disappear like Obi wan did when he died or did it burn when his costume was burned?

"With his dying breath, he tells his son that there was good left in him after all. Luke escapes the Death Star with his father's remains, which he later ceremonially burns in a funeral pyre." Source

I'm leaning towards... he burned.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Hmm well @Jersey__Devil It may have disappeared, only reference I can think of is that when Yoda and Obi-wan died they disappeared and were seen at the end of RoTJ as force spirits, Vader spirit was also there on the moon of Endor. But thinking back and this is some serious nerd coming out, it was referenced in both the clone war series and in the movies that Qui-Gon discovered a way to communicate with the living which was then taught to Yoda, who showed Obi-Wan which could explain why they disappear and become one with the Force. But who knows maybe it will be explained what happen to Vader's body after the Death Star. Good debate though.

All I know is Obi won vanished right away. Annakin died in Luke's arms and didn't vanish. Also, when they released the digital return of the jedi, they put a younger annakin next to an older obi and yoda... you would think they woujld have stuck with the older annakin/darth if his body vanished. i dunno. lol
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    I'm a sucker for Star Wars. The original movies were obviously superior but I found the others entertaining as well. I will absolutely see this when it comes out. Pretty pumped actually. Just leave out Jar Jar Binks and nobody gets hurt.

on the makingstarwars site they have a list of characters in the force awakens (its not complete and some names are fake) but the good news is so far no jar jar.

Han Solo
    (Queen) Leia
    Luke Skywalker
    Rey (Kira)
    Finn
    Kylo Ren
    Poe Dameron
    Rose
    Chewbacca
    C-3PO (See-Threepio)
    The General (Gleeson)
    Uber (Serkis)
    R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo)
    BB-8
    Wounded Stormtrooper (Village)
    The Vicar
    Junk Dealer
    Junk Minion 1
    Snowtrooper #12 (Falcon)
    Salvage Station Bully (Desert Set)
    Scared Villager
    Captain Phasma
    Star Destroyer Colonel
    Rose’s Pub Barman (C049)
    Evil Castle Teach #1
    Brance (Rebel)
    Rebel 1 Major Ematt
    Rebel 2 Captain Trilla
    Rebel Admiral
    Evil Castle Officer #1
    Evil Castle Officer #2
    Gorwyn (Rebel Pilot)
    Rebel Pilot #1 (Duncan)
    Evil Castle Tech (Weapons)
    Stormtrooper #1 (Village)
    Star Destroyer Bridge Teach #2
    Stormtrooper 2 (Village)
    Gang member Mod #1
    Gang member Rocker #1
    “Bus Stop” Mother
    “Bus Stop” Son
    Lieutenant Mitaka
    Ruddo
    Emissary
    Naka (Flashback)
    Local Trader (Flashback)
    Young Luke Skywalker (Flashback)
    Stormtrooper #10
    Rebel Pilot
    Rebel Pilot N.N.
    Rebel Pilot #3
    Statura
    Rebel Tech #1
    Rebel Tech #2
    Captain Trilla
    Stormtrooper #11
    Stormtrooper #3 (Kylo Ren’s Request)
    Stormtrooper #5 (Woods)
    Snowtrooper #7 (Snow Steal)
    Stormtrooper #8 (Door to Ramparts)
    Evil Castle Tech (Scared)
    Star Destroyer Bridge Tech #1
    Star Destroyer Technician
    Evil Castle Tech #4
    Evil Castle Tech #5
    Salvage Station Bully 2
    Gang Member Rocker #2
    Rose’s Pub Patron #1
    Rose’s Pub Patron #2
    Rose’s Pub Patron #3
    Fat Cat (Flashback)
    Gangsters Mill
    Rebel Tech #3
    Dr. Kalonia
    Rebel Tech. #4
    Doubles:

Chewbacca Photo Duble
    Han Solo Stunt Double
    Kira/Rey Stunt Double
    Finn Stunt Double
    Kylo Ren Stunt Double
    Poe Dameron Stunt Double
    Chewbacca Stunt Double
    Vicar Stunt Double
    Star Destroyer Colonel Stunt Double
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Luke's voiceover gave me major feels, and chills. I'm a huge JJ fan, so I have very high hopes for this.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    Luke's voiceover gave me major feels, and chills. I'm a huge JJ fan, so I have very high hopes for this.

haha.. me too! as soon as i heard hamills voice i thought...luke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options

It's like nerd Christmas. JJ + Star Wars are just killing it right now. I'm still a little apprehensive though. Remember ho much we all loved the Phantom Menace trailer? Sigh.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I like Star Wars, I'm a bit apprehensive as well. Time will tell. At east Lucas handed it off to someone capable and not screwing it up any further like Eps 1-3 and even more recently (ahem) Indy (I'll never forgive you for that one George).
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    kungfuthis wrote: »
    So, one of the debates now is did Darth Vader/Annakins body disappear like Obi wan did when he died or did it burn when his costume was burned?

"With his dying breath, he tells his son that there was good left in him after all. Luke escapes the Death Star with his father's remains, which he later ceremonially burns in a funeral pyre." Source

That's who they were burning during the final scene on Endor.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    kungfuthis wrote: »

That's who they were burning during the final scene on Endor.

In the movie, they burn the darth vader outifit/mask, but never addressed whether Annakin was in it. The expanded universe doesn't apply so anything goes.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm a true star wars nerd, and I've read 70% of the expanded universe, (who cares about Rogue Squadron anyways.) I steer clear of spoilers and leaks because I want it to magical when I see it. However here are my thoughts based on the two trailers and my knowlege of the defunct Expanded Universe:

1) Regarding the Cross-Guard Lightsaber. This is not a weapon that's going to be whirled around ex: yoda the whirling muppet of doom from attack of the clones. This Cross-guard Lightsaber is an instrument for brute strength bashing into an opponent. A style made famous by Darth Vader.

2) There's obviously a Master and an Apprentice, Kylo Ren being the Apprentice, and the master being the unseen Andy Serkis. I'm leaning towards Kylo Ren being Darth Caedus.