after all this time I should know better

2»

Replies

• CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Over the weekend I incorporated rice cakes into my plan + some potatoes. This morning, thankfully not weigh in day, I have gained 1.5lbs. I have been under my calories and basically done nothing different to last week. So I need to cut back on certain carbs. Those foods are not worth a gain.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited April 2015
    Over the weekend I incorporated rice cakes into my plan + some potatoes. This morning, thankfully not weigh in day, I have gained 1.5lbs. I have been under my calories and basically done nothing different to last week. So I need to cut back on certain carbs. Those foods are not worth a gain.

The good news is: if you had been eating lower carb and you had one high carb day, the weight your scale registered is water weight. Excess carbs (over your norm) like excess salt causes water retention. Drink more fluids than normal and you will lose that in a couple of days.

ETA: it doesn't matter what kind of carbs, it only matters how many carbs.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    It happens, but I tend not to get overexcited about small hiccups and will work it off at the gym. Most of my foods are known now and anything new I'm good at looking at labels.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    999tigger wrote: »
    It happens, but I tend not to get overexcited about small hiccups and will work it off at the gym. Most of my foods are known now and anything new I'm good at looking at labels.

And even if you can't work it off at a gym, it is one small hiccup in a long process, and you have added more info to the database in your brain.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    nope I prelog my week...leaving room for change of course.

If something comes up at work (which is typically where it would happen) I know just by the look of the dried out cake it's probably not worth the calories...just as an example.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    What I hate is when you make what you think is a good choice, rather than having what you actually want, only to find out that your 'good' choice was actually more calories than what you really wanted.

Yes I have done that a lot
  • bainsworth1a
    thank you all for the suggestions and the support. I feel better knowing that I am not the only person who has had difficulty with the.
  • bainsworth1a
    00figg wrote: »
    i had a doh! moment last week. son came home from college and we were in target. i was paying for his loot and he asked if i wanted anything from starbucks. it was cold so i said yeah, get me something skinny. so he chose a skinny white chocolate mocha. i drank it. enjoyed it. later logged it. all 350 'skinny' cals...it fit into my day, but still...
    I have done that. I'm usually even worse and get the full blown white chocolate mocha grande (My favorite). I haven't had one in almost a year so I have made progress.
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    What I hate is when you make what you think is a good choice, rather than having what you actually want, only to find out that your 'good' choice was actually more calories than what you really wanted.

So this. Like when the kale and quinoa salad was 1200 calories but the individual thin crust pizza was only 600.

I keep the nutritional info for the places I eat at regularity bookmarked on my phone. It helps, but sometimes I'll still eat first then log and cringe a little. It happens.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Nope. I prelog my day every morning. Then I can tweak things if I have to

Totally read that as "twerk things if I have to".
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I sometimes still eat things before I look up the nutrition value and find out it is way too many calories and not worth eating. :/ . Do others have the same problem?

Hey, don't beat yourself up, it takes a while to get used to that.

:drinker:

I got into the habit of "I need to look this up before I eat it." If it will take too much effort to look up(not often but sometimes I get lazy), then I just decide it isn't worth it and I wont eat it. :lol:
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    I do it sometimes not realizing how bad a choice it was until I log it, then I realize, well for sure next time I will have a much better choice and learn from it.