what's your favorite veggie?

Options
what's your favorite veggie?

what's your favorite way to make it? do you like to boil it, broil it, roast it, grill it, steam it, season it, mix it, dip it?

Replies

• ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    broccoli, believe it or not.

I like it steamed, with s&p and some vinegar or lemon juice
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick just one veggie, I would have to say colored peppers. You can add them to just about anything for added flavor and they are low in calories. I just had them tonight on a wrap pizza.
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato. Any way!
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oooohhh...I love broccoli too. Steamed with garlic powder or lemon pepper.
  • Equus_girl
    Equus_girl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think broccoli too for me. I use it all the time in stirfrys. I'm not as fond of it cooked, but that is ok too.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Asparagus...roasted! I try not to boil any veggies because you can lose nutrients that way.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Steamed broccoli -- so steamed that it's soft and mushy.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    RIGHT NOW ITS CORN ON THE COB- BOILED
  • Michal833
    Michal833 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    raw red pepper
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Asparagus roasted, green beans steamed.
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    broccoli--it doesn't mattter how you make it as u cnt go wrong! A close runner up is brussel sprouts, but they have to be steamed. Also cucumbers--but I think that is considrered a fruit since there are seeds
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    What I eat the most of? Steamed broccoli.

What I love? Steamed spinach with cheese sauce.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Beets! Peeled and cut up with a pat of butter salt and sometimes some balsamic vinegar, place in tinfoil and bake or BBQ... Delicious!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Chocolate of course :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just can't choose a favorite. There's just too much good in the world of veg. :drinker:

DO NOT LIKE - eggplant, okra, parsnips
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    snow peas, either steamed or sauteed. or grilled corn. or sauteed romaine and onions. ^-^
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What I eat the most? Raw green beans/sugar snap peas. I eat them by the bag while I'm at work - literally like a pound a day.

What I love the most? Brussels sprouts - slice them up nice and thin so they're like ribbons and add cayenne powder, salt, pepper. Heat up a frying pan HOT, add coconut oil. Throw them in there and let them brown a bit, but don't cook too much. Not super low cal with the oil, but at least it's healthy oil! Even my husband likes them and he swore he hated brussels sprouts before.
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Broccoli! Loooooove broccoli. Steamed and seasoned with lemon pepper or nutritional yeast or just plain. Yum. And brussels sprouts, steamed and sprinkled with balsamic vinegar.

But I've also never met a vegetable that tasted bad after it's been roasted with garlic and olive oil. :D
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    But I've also never met a vegetable that tasted bad after it's been roasted with garlic and olive oil. :D

omigosh, so true!
  • LeesaMarie63
    Options
    Toss up between asparagus and zucchini . Both grilled.