Dr. Oz is full of it too

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    grandma107 wrote: »
    Dr. Phil is NOT like Jerry Springer......
    Dr. Phil helps people with treatment etc. Jerry Springer is just an embarrassment. Blessings.

All TV shows are incredibly scripted. And fake.
  • grandma107
    grandma107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So cynical.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Dr. Phil helps people with treatment etc. Jerry Springer is just an embarrassment. Blessings.

You're right - Dr. Phil is worse than Jerry Springer. Virtually nobody takes Jerry's BS seriously.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    So cynical.

No, truthful. If people like Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil wanted to help people, they would have kept their medical practices instead of shelling out bad advice to keep their faces on television.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

You're right - Dr. Phil is worse than Jerry Springer. Virtually nobody takes Jerry's BS seriously.

This made me giggle :D ...So true.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Actually, Jerry Springer is an interesting character, and makes no secret of his own frailties, etc.
    "Dr." Phil is an unqualified quack who gives TERRIBLE advice to many...and lives it himself.

I have more respect for Springer, to be honest.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    how can he seriously hold that title and faculty position at Columbia when he *kitten* all over the Hippocratic Oath? Shame on Dr. Goldman.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Seconded.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    potato.gif
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    People that want easy, want to put a patch on something and have it be fixed are the same people who will fight for Dr oz. And wraps and detox teas. People looking for shortcuts will always be looking for shortcuts since none work and you can't change their mind until they realize this is hard and there is no fast or easy way
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Also this is why we need to give the FDA power over supplements. "Natural" companies scared voters off back in the...90s? By suggesting that the govt would take away your vitamins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IV2olDA0w8U

Ahh yes. The FDA. Protecting us from *kitten* that don't work.

I can't see videos at work, but I really hope this is the commercial with Mel Gibson about the government storming his house in the dead of night to take his vitamins.

Oh it is. It is.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Dr. Phil. Pushed "weight loss" products. What's that have to do with psychology? Don't know. But he settled a lawsuit based on them.

Jerry Springer is a lawyer/failed politician turned tv host. He pushes trashy shows but doesn't try to hawk things beyond his area of expertise. He knows that he in entertainment.

Jerry Springer > Dr. Phil
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Dr. Phil. Pushed "weight loss" products. What's that have to do with psychology? Don't know. But he settled a lawsuit based on them.

Jerry Springer is a lawyer/failed politician turned tv host. He pushes trashy shows but doesn't try to hawk things beyond his area of expertise. He knows that he in entertainment.

Jerry Springer > Dr. Phil

Have you seen Springer interviewed? I was surprised at how likeable he actually is, considering how trashy his show comes off. He kind of laughs and shrugs and says it's a sideshow and the "guests" are often the ones who suggest the over-the-top scripted confrontations.

Also, even if you wouldn't want to copy him, you've got to love a guy whose political career ended because he hired a prostitute...and paid her with a personal check! And, then, after the fact was like, "what? It's not like the check bounced!"
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Springer doesn't take himself or his show seriously. That makes him likable.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    That letter has finally hit the media - I saw it on the Today show this morning. Hopefully (fingers crossed) he will lose his job.
    It's unbelievable to me that a highly acclaimed cardiac surgeon would sell out to the extent that Dr. Oz has done. Do you know how much they make? It's certainly not as if he needed the damned money. When he started as an occasional guest on Oprah's show, he actually covered important topics such as the damage smoking does to the lungs, and drinking to the liver. Now he's such a sellout I can't believe even the gullible buy into the BS.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    side note: Dr. Phil selling weight loss: don't you think he'd have lost some weight himself if the stuff he was promoting worked? Sheesh. And he's not even a licensed doctor of anything.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I agree with this, especially the reality shows.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that everyone knows this. But no, every day someone else tries to use "But... Dr. Oz" to back up some claim or other. Just adding my two cents to bump the thread so more people see it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    While Doc McStuffins explores rare diseases, like Filthy Icky Sticky Disease and Pipe-a-cloggity-crackity-tentacle-osis, that don’t have much published data, she never makes a claim directly contradicted by the literature.

Dr. Oz, on the other hand, frequently makes overreaching claims about dubious treatments, in spite of published data refuting his claims.”