Shaving Legs and/or Other Areas of Your Bod

Options
How many of you shave your legs/face/underarms/special places ;) everyday?

I hatehatehate stubble and will always shave my legs and underarms (unless I'm seriously ill, and even then I won't go more than a day). Anyone else hate the stubble as much as I do?

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Yep - but I am blonde by birth (highlights in summer, though) and my hair all over is very light and not a lot of it. I wax my legs and make sure that my every-fourth-day stubble is gone as soon as I notice it! I have a good friend who has very dark hair/body hair too, and gets a 'shadow' after six hours. She hates it and spends a small fortune trying to get rid of stubble!
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I do not do it religiously daily. My face gets the most attention, the other parts are to sensitive to do everyday, but the stubble seriously sucks.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It's not just that stubble looks bad (which it does unless it's on a dude's face - then there's a definite possibility that it looks hot but feels like rash-city), it's the sandpaper feel of it. :/

And the fact that it makes so many clothing options un-fun. How am I supposed to feel sexy with cactus legs? :s
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    It's not just that stubble looks bad (which it does unless it's on a dude's face - then there's a definite possibility that it looks hot but feels like rash-city), it's the sandpaper feel of it. :/

And the fact that it makes so many clothing options un-fun. How am I supposed to feel sexy with cactus legs? :s
    I agree with you... it's the feeling that bothers me more than anything. Like a previous poster said, I'm blonde so it isn't really as noticeable as a lot of my friends' body hair. I love the feeling of having smooth legs though, and HATE the sandpaper.
  • iamangrydoug
    iamangrydoug Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I shave my armpits and bikini line every day. My legs and my other areas....1-2 times/week, but my body hair is super light. I could go a month without shaving and it wouldn't be visibly noticeable.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I shave my armpits daily because... gross! But when it comes to my legs I guess I don't have a problem. My leg hairs are blonde and they grow in soft, never sharp or stubbly. I shave them maybe once every week in the winter but do shave every time or every other time I shower in the warmer months just because, but I really don't "need to".
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i never shave ever :D
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    I shave my armpits daily because... gross! But when it comes to my legs I guess I don't have a problem. My leg hairs are blonde and they grow in soft, never sharp or stubbly. I shave them maybe once every week in the winter but do shave every time or every other time I shower in the warmer months just because, but I really don't "need to".

In case you are interested: I found this at Walmart (Veet gel-cream hair removal ). I leave it on for the amt of time and then use my actual razor to shave it off (even though it says you don't need that). I use this on the pits and only need to attend to them every other week. Might want to try if you are tired of the shower routine!
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    i never shave ever :D

That's the spirit!

I shave my eyebrows off every night but they grow back by morning. Everyone should try this. It doubles your weight loss rate.
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    if you can't handle me at my hairiest, you don't deserve me at my summer string bikini smoothness. :p
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just my face. Once or twice a week. Never shaved my armpits. I heard shaving your balls is painfully itchy, so never did that either.

Trust me, it is.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I hate shaving, the only reason I ever do is because my SO likes smooth legs, so I'll shave those, a couple times a week, but thats it, if i didnt care about his preference i would be hairy and not give a damn.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    shaving is so boring and takes up too much time. I shave once a week. Maybe 2x if I'm not feeling too impatient. I shave to begin with because I have a boyfriend and that's pretty much it.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i need to get my back waxed.

im always worried that one of these nights, while cuddling with my mrs., her hand carrassing my back will start a fire.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Just my face. Once or twice a week. Never shaved my armpits. I heard shaving your balls is painfully itchy, so never did that either.

Trust me, it is.

i find it weird to ask this, but why should we be trusting you, blueyellow?
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I hate the fact that as a dark-haired person, even if I shave, it looks like I didn't because you can see the hair under the surface!! I bought a Silk'N home hair remover + a lifetime cartridge. In two treatments, half of my underarm hair was gone - after the third, I'm down to about 10-20 stray hairs. I'm also working on my legs and bikini line. It costs $200 + $100 for the cartridge but it's SO WORTH THE MONEY!!! It works really well for me (light skin tone, dark hair - supposedly its less effective on lighter hair and is not safe for darker skin tones). I can't wait to be permanently hair free!!!

eta: results were originally understated.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have dark hair-- dark, thick, *kitten* body hair. I have to shave everyday or I get a crowd of wookies following me, calling me "Mama"...
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    I have dark hair-- dark, thick, *kitten* body hair. I have to shave everyday or I get a crowd of wookies following me, calling me "Mama"...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I prefer to grow it out so that I can braid it. It stays out of my way AND looks pretty.