Shaving Legs and/or Other Areas of Your Bod

Options

Replies

• aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    well, that depends on what season it is. ;) Winter? Not often. I hate shaving and...what's the point? Summer? a couple times a week because of dresses & skirts! I wish i could shave "certain" areas every day, because you know, sex and things...but those are too sensitive for more than once per week. I have crazy sensitive skin and not even my legs could handle being shaved daily.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    My face every day, and I trim and shave my genital area, don't know why I'm telling you this.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Except face,I don't shave too often. I like little bit of hair and don't want to be smooth as ladies! My pics are how I look everyday.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am OCD with my tweezers in personal areas. 10 min a day keeps things smooth.

Legs I just wax every few weeks.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have super dark curly hair and if I shave my bikini too often (more than once a week) I get so many bumps/ingrowns. (If somebody knows how to solve my problems please HELP)

Also I dont have a BF and it is always winter here so I shave armpits/legs only when needed. Half the time I forget to before gym time with OHP and I'm sure all the other ladies there have seen my hairy pits.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Every other day for underarms and private area, once a week for legs.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I never shave anything every day. If that turns you off, well then, that's just not my problem, is it, lol.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    mizzzc wrote: »
    I have super dark curly hair and if I shave my bikini too often (more than once a week) I get so many bumps/ingrowns. (If somebody knows how to solve my problems please HELP)

Also I dont have a BF and it is always winter here so I shave armpits/legs only when needed. Half the time I forget to before gym time with OHP and I'm sure all the other ladies there have seen my hairy pits.

Bikini bumps - I swear by Tend Skin - put some on a cotton round (soak it) and rub in circular motion over the area. People say that plain rubbing alcohol works the same - I disagree.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Tweezers in your personal area?! Oh please say it isn't so. Ow!

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    for crissake, mizzzc...im eating lunch here!!!!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    mizzzc wrote: »

Ingrowns and bumps is another reason why I am doing home laser hair removal (I posted previously). I'm not taking all bikini area hair off - because, well, I might miss it someday, but darn, I'll be glad when my actual bikini line is hair free and I stop getting ingrowns!
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »

Tweezers in your personal area?! Oh please say it isn't so. Ow!

I started after a wax one time and just never stopped. I never have to deal with the grow in stage between waxes, and it's almost therapeutic.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Nair... EVERYTHING... once a week, no stubble smooth & sexy at all times ;) i'm fair skinned no facial hair other than the eyebrows every 2 weeks... thankfully...
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    if you can't handle me at my hairiest, you don't deserve me at my summer string bikini smoothness. :p

Pretty much my motto

I wax my legs in the beginning of summer and then in the middle of summer when it goes back in - and that's it cause I gave up cause no one sees my legs I always wear pants
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    Nair... EVERYTHING... once a week, no stubble smooth & sexy at all times ;) i'm fair skinned no facial hair other than the eyebrows every 2 weeks... thankfully...

Ooh, I wish this worked. I get CRAZY chemical burn from Nair - even when only left on a very short period of time!
  • LexDecember1988
    LexDecember1988 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I must shave EVERYDAY!!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    if you can't handle me at my hairiest, you don't deserve me at my summer string bikini smoothness. :p

Pretty much my motto

I wax my legs in the beginning of summer and then in the middle of summer when it goes back in - and that's it cause I gave up cause no one sees my legs I always wear pants
    @almondbutterbay, I am genuinely curious because I have never waxed my legs before. I tried once with homemade stuff but it didn't work out so well... it takes that long for the hair to grow back in??? What do you use? Do you go get it done professionally or do you do this yourself?
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »

Do you think that the Nair works better for you because of your lighter hair? I always thought that you had to grow it out a little before you could use the product again, and I don't think that I could deal with that with my hair being so dark. :p
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    NumbrsNerd wrote: »
    I hate the fact that as a dark-haired person, even if I shave, it looks like I didn't because you can see the hair under the surface!! I bought a Silk'N home hair remover + a lifetime cartridge. In two treatments, half of my underarm hair was gone - after the third, I'm down to about 10-20 stray hairs. I'm also working on my legs and bikini line. It costs $200 + $100 for the cartridge but it's SO WORTH THE MONEY!!! It works really well for me (light skin tone, dark hair - supposedly its less effective on lighter hair and is not safe for darker skin tones). I can't wait to be permanently hair free!!!

eta: results were originally understated.

Ok, at first I skimmed this because I thought it was a sales pitch. ;) Lol.

I also have dark hair, so I know what you're talking about. I'm kind of put off by it not being safe for darker skin tones, though. Why is that? I mean, my skin is pretty light, but I have yellow undertones and tan easily. I just use a lot of sunblock because I'm a bit paranoid about skin cancer/wrinkles. :p

I'm just thinking that if people with darker skin tones can't safely use it, then it might be damaging to all skin in some way...
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Pretty much my motto

@almondbutterbay, I am genuinely curious because I have never waxed my legs before. I tried once with homemade stuff but it didn't work out so well... it takes that long for the hair to grow back in??? What do you use? Do you go get it done professionally or do you do this yourself?

It does take that long to grow back because I've found it makes the hair lighter and over the years it's been growing in less and less. My aunt does it for me, she gets the kit at Sally's beauty which is some store near her. I love waxing cause it makes the hair grow in less unlike shaving which seems to make the hair grow in thicker