Financially prepared?

Options
Do you think you need to be financially prepared for a journey of weight loss? If so, mine is going to have to wait a bit longer.. :/ And I don't want to wait anymore..

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Do you think you need to be financially prepared for a journey of weight loss? If so, mine is going to have to wait a bit longer.. :/ And I don't want to wait anymore..

Then don't wait. It's really just an over used excuse. Eat at a deficit and you will lose weight.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I"m pretty sure eating less will mean a lower grocery bill, at least unless you decide to waste money on diet food . . .
  • samshinequinlan
    Options
    I honestly don't know where to start. I don't really know what healthy food I need to eat. And I don't know what kind of exercises I should be starting out with.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

Nope.

You say you don't want to wait anymore.......so don't
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know where to start. I don't really know what healthy food I need to eat. And I don't know what kind of exercises I should be starting out with.

The forums are a wealth of knowledge if you can navigate the crazy. You can always just start by eating less of what you currently are while you work out the details.
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Not at all.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My grocery bill hasn't changed. If anything, it's gone down because I no longer buy processed/prepared foods.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'll make it easy. Eat less (use the logs on MFP) and walk briskly for about 30 minutes a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If anything you should be more financially prepared if you intend on staying overweight.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Start by eating Vegetables, especially raw or steamed, salads, etc, fresh or frozen fruit. Go for lean, non-fried meats, bake, broil or grill.

Stay away from processed as much as you can. Check calorie content and stay within the guidelines that this site sets out for you.

Don't expect it to all come off at once! A healthy weightloss averages about 2 lbs per week.

You may think it is expensive to lose weight, but I found that if you stay away from prepared or processed foods the cost isn't that bad and the food is much better for you.

Good luck, take the step. You have nothing to lose but some excess weight.
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has gotten more expensive for me is switching from hamburger meat and sausage to turkey meat. The turkey meat has a lot less calories but it does cost more...other than that, it's all about the same. But really, I'm no longer buying junk foods to "munch" on for no reason.. So I think it has evened out or maybe even got cheaper
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No. you need to eat less.
    Pushups are free. Burpees are free. The internet is full of resources. Running will only cost you a pair of shoes.
    Stop trying to find reasons why you can't do it now.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    If anything you should be more financially prepared if you intend on staying overweight.

Now that is a brief nugget of gold!

Look at the cost additions of clothing for larger sizes. Have you flown and been told you have to buy a second seat?

How old are you? My health went bad in my 40's because of morbid obesity. I'm spending hundreds if not thousands every year because I waited so long to lose....
  • BeachIron
    Options
    No. you need to eat less.
    Pushups are free. Burpees are free. The internet is full of resources. Running will only cost you a pair of shoes.
    Stop trying to find reasons why you can't do it now.

Save money. Run barefoot. :bigsmile:
  • Vivian06703188
    Options
    No I don't think you need to be financially prepared to go on a diet. You buy food now and you will have to buy food on your diet. You will just buy healthy foods choices. I recommend you go ahead and start tracking your calories on myfitnesspal.com. Don't start off on a diet just track what you are eating. Then slowly as you realize how much you are going over your recommended calories try and adjust it. I am on a very limited budget and I am doing it.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Start by eating Vegetables, especially raw or steamed, salads, etc, fresh or frozen fruit. Go for lean, non-fried meats, bake, broil or grill.

Stay away from processed as much as you can. Check calorie content and stay within the guidelines that this site sets out for you.

Don't expect it to all come off at once! A healthy weightloss averages about 2 lbs per week.

You may think it is expensive to lose weight, but I found that if you stay away from prepared or processed foods the cost isn't that bad and the food is much better for you.

Good luck, take the step. You have nothing to lose but some excess weight.

No. A healthy weight loss of 2 lbs. per week is not appropriate for everyone
  • Vivian06703188
    Options
    I haven't had turkey one time since I started. I buy chicken, pork and beef. I just don't buy the processed meats.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I haven't had turkey one time since I started. I buy chicken, pork and beef. I just don't buy the processed meats.

BACON!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

BACON!

BACON!