Belly fat cure by Jorge cruise!! Anyone!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    so quickly looked it up. its low carb almost no sugar-including fruit. its also no dairy it sounds like. its not well reviewed online overall. atleast not for sustainable weight loss. but to each they're own. ive lost weight and kept it off eating what i want. im curious.....how long has your family and friends kept off the weight they lost?
    I mean I am not doing it forever. My sister done it and lost the belly fat. She started having some dairies and fruits and so on but in moderation.,, it's been two years now.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Wait. Proteins are free?? So like, I could eat 20 Quest bars (200 calories each but very little carbs and fat) or 30 fish patties and not log them? Awesome!

20 quest bars...Holy fiber.

Crap how could I forget the fiber. Could always take some opioids to counteract that. I'd need to feel stoned to do that diet anyway.

lol.

I'll never forget about the fiber. I eat so many of them. If my fat is not high enough...bad news.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    so quickly looked it up. its low carb almost no sugar-including fruit. its also no dairy it sounds like. its not well reviewed online overall. atleast not for sustainable weight loss. but to each they're own. ive lost weight and kept it off eating what i want. im curious.....how long has your family and friends kept off the weight they lost?
    I mean I am not doing it forever. My sister done it and lost the belly fat. She started having some dairies and fruits and so on but in moderation.,, it's been two years now.

Do you realize you can't target specific parts of the body when it comes to fat loss? Your body pulls the energy (fat) it needs from wherever it wants to. It has no clue what type of diet you are on.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wait. Proteins are free?? So like, I could eat 20 Quest bars (200 calories each but very little carbs and fat) or 30 fish patties and not log them? Awesome!

20 quest bars...Holy fiber.

Crap how could I forget the fiber. Could always take some opioids to counteract that. I'd need to feel stoned to do that diet anyway.

lol.

I'll never forget about the fiber. I eat so many of them. If my fat is not high enough...bad news.

I'm the same. My BMs are really irregular without extra fiber so I eat one or two a day to help. Maybe OP can eat 20 of them and get a good "cleanse."
  • madmooney
    madmooney Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

ZOMG give me allll the turkey burgers. Right now.
    You can have 80 patties but no buns because that's how belly fat is lost apparently.

Technically you can, and I have had meat-heavy days...which get so boring very quickly.
    Wait. Proteins are free?? So like, I could eat 20 Quest bars (200 calories each but very little carbs and fat)

Not exactly.
    Looking at the MyFitnessPal data on Quest bars, I would estimate you would be able to have about 6 per day. And that would be all of your carbs, which is no fun.
    I just dont ever understand why people join a calorie counting site and post about another ( fad diet)
    But that's me i suppose

I joined this site because I am a fan of the how it logs food (both manufactured and personal). I use it with the Jorge Cruise diet mainly to track the 'Cruise numbers' in my meals, but I do like being able to get warnings on other things, like "YOU ARE CONSUMING TOO MUCH SODIUM" to help me make better daily choices. (I basically log everything - even if it is "free" on the Cruise program.

Basically, the only numbers you count are: amount of Carbs and amount of Sugars in everything you eat.

Carbs: no more than 120g per day
    Sugars: no more than 15g per day (from all sources: natural or added)

There are a number of other considerations he mentions, which I have ignored for my personal plan, but I'm sure you can find them online. Technically, you dont even need his book. Only a small fraction of it is the theory behind his plan, and the rest are recipes and food data. Just get a book or an app with nutritional data to help you on your way

Im not going to say whether it is a better program than a calorie deficit program (as I have not tried it myself). For the most part, my choices naturally keep me in a calorie deficit (except on the days when I have a lot of animal protein)

What I will say is that it has worked wonderfully for me (10lbs per month for the last 6 months) and I have had ABSOLUTELY no drama/stress with the Belly Fat Cure. This is the second wave for me though, as the weight loss the first time was a bit too drastic for my liking, so I put it on pause and kept myself roughly at this newer weight until recently when I thought I was ready for round 2.

What I like about it:
    1) much like a calorie deficit diet, it forces you to look at all the food have in front of you and make the best budgetary choices.
    2) There are no restrictions on WHAT you can have....just consequences. If I wanted to get a Big Mac (44g carbs/9g sugar), I could have it- BUT I would have to deal with the consequence of having over half my allotted sugar in a single sandwich. My personal choices usually net me 5-7g of sugar per day, which I then bring up to the daily cap via veggies.

What I dont like about it
    1) the name
    2) Fruit...you just cant have it. (Or, you CAN have it, but you exhaust your sugar quota very quickly.) I have been taking a multivitamin just in case (I don't want to find myself with scurvy!) Either way, people who LOVE fruit too much should probably stay away

• lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    I just. I can't imagine being in a "carb deficit." I'm already very tired all day, I would probably pass out. Anyway, why is it called belly fat cure if it has nothing to do with belly fat? And isn't the macro split just another way of creating a calorie deficit, since carbs and fats are more calorie dense than proteins?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    If u want try it but u need to realize mfp is a calorie counting site. This diet does none of that. There are thousands of people here losing this way. And ya we lose it from our belly too. Now there are the super rare individuals calorie counting doesnt work for- usually it stems from some form of eating disorder though.
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    madmooney wrote: »

Not exactly.
    Looking at the MyFitnessPal data on Quest bars, I would estimate you would be able to have about 6 per day
    I just dont ever understand why people join a calorie counting site and post about another ( fad diet)
    But that's me i suppose

I joined this site because I am a fan of the how it logs food (both manufactured and personal). I use it with the Jorge Cruise diet mainly to track the 'Cruise numbers' in my meals, but I do like being able to get warnings on other things, like "YOU ARE CONSUMING TOO MUCH SODIUM" to help me make better daily choices.

Basically, the only numbers you count are: amount of Carbs and amount of Sugars in everything you eat.

Carbs: no more than 120g per day
    Sugars: no more than 15g per day (from all sources: natural or added)

There are a number of other considerations he mentions, which I have ignored for my personal plan, but Im sure you can find them online.

Im not going to say whether it is a better program than a calorie deficit program (as I have not tried it myself). For the most part, my choices natrually keep me in a carb deficit (except on the days when I have a lot of animal protein)

What I will say is that it has worked wonderfully for me (10lbs per month for the last 6 months) and I have had ABSOLUTELY no drama/stress with the Belly Fat Cure. If forces you to look at all the food have in front of you and make the best budgetary choices.

(TBH though..Im not a fan of the name lol)

Thank you so much for the info. That's what am
    Planning to do too !
    Am not a fan of the name too lol!!!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Now there are the super rare individuals calorie counting doesnt work for- usually it stems from some form of eating disorder though.

Or more likely....they are doing it wrong.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If specific exercises don't manage to reduce belly fat, how is a specific diet supposed to?
    I'm not purposefully being combative, just curious. Because it makes no sense to me.

As for giving up fruit and dairy.... :bawling:
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Now in defense of this diet cus I like to be fair lol dairy can cause me to bloat... so there fore if I cut out dairy completely my stomach would appear flatter- still not worth it lol!
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am starting this plan! The belly fat cure. Tired if seeing this puffy stomach!!! Whose with me???!
    We can do it !!!!

I've read his books and the reality is-the stomach will get flatter when you lose enough weight, which can happen without following his strict plan (or plans, since he keeps coming out with new books, changing what he actually promotes as the best way to lose weight sigh...).

Starting out it's best to not box yourself in with a bunch of restrictions, which is more than likely going to cause you to get frustrated and fail. Weight loss (and a flatter stomach) is as simple as calories and math.
  • madmooney
    madmooney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If specific exercises don't manage to reduce belly fat, how is a specific diet supposed to?
    I'm not purposefully being combative, just curious. Because it makes no sense to me.

As for giving up fruit and dairy.... :bawling:

Fruit is a tough one to let go of, I sympathize.

As for dairy: I consume a good amount of cheese with the program - as most cheeses have neither carbs nor sugar. Other forms of dairy though (milk, yogurt) have way too much sugar for my personal liking, so its a choice you gotta make (which will likely mean NO to Jorge Crusie's program),

• lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    Can I just ask what's wrong with sugar? I get the whole "sweets are calorie dense" argument, but you're saying you don't eat yogurt just because of the sugar...which won't hurt you. I don't get it.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    He was on the Dr Oz show ... and has solid personal training credentials, but none in diet and nutrition as far as I can tell. Pass!
  • rasras3008
    rasras3008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started this past weekend (April 25th, 2015) and so far I have loss 3 pounds. I decided to give it a try because sugar and carbs are my weakness. I also have a lot of food allergies and the BFC eating lifestyle seems to help me with those.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I've officially decided to write a book. It will be the DirrtyH diet, wherein you can only eat foods I like and everything else leads to belly fat! If you follow the plan exactly, you will lose weight. And I will be rich. Win-win. No more mushrooms or tomatoes, guys! They make you fat!