? for women over 40 who have lost weight

Options
Hate to be so blunt, but, do you look good naked? What I mean is, do you have a lot of cellulite? I'm 42 and I'm just curious if the cellulite will come off too. I know women celebrities over 40 look great, but they probably have liposuction. Thanks for any answers.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I feel really confident with how I look in my bathing suit and in my birthday suit. I have some cellulite, but I don't care.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I still have a tiny bit on my tummy, but I'm not quite done losing weight yet. It's gone from my thighs and I think I look pretty good naked. My boyfriend seems to think so, too. :)
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thank-you. That's good to know. I see these celebrities over 40 and I'm not sure if they get liposuction or what to look as good as they do. IMO, they are hotter than many young women, so I was having a self esteem issue. It makes me feel good to look good.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    I still have a tiny bit on my tummy, but I'm not quite done losing weight yet. It's gone from my thighs and I think I look pretty good naked. My boyfriend seems to think so, too. :)

You look great in your profile pic there, BTW!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I have cellulite, a lot of it, plus a lot of stretch marks, loose skin, and floppy bits. I don't look good naked, never looked good naked no matter my weight.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    From what I've read, lifting heavy weights helps decrease the look of cellulite over time.

If you check out this thread, user @kdiamond (scroll down a bit) even tho she's not over 40 (her profile says she's 38) you can see where weight training
    has practically made her cellulite disappear.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1238509/women-54-5-5-with-results-pictures/p5
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Will be 40 in a couple of weeks--no cellulite.

Isn't it genetic? You either have it or you don't.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    From what I've read, lifting heavy weights helps decrease the look of cellulite over time.

I've red this too and have seen before and after photos that provide support for it. I started lifting heavy 3 weeks ago and see way more improvements in my physique than by cardio and only some strength training that I was doing the 6 weeks prior. My husband is even impressed. I'm doing the Jamie Eason LiveFit program and I love it. BTW, I'm 43.
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    sigh. no, i do not look good nekkid. i have jiggly and wobbly bits. i have been overweight most of my 42 years and have just now reached size 4-6, mostly by diet since i don't really like to exercise. i don't think cellulite goes away, ever. i do think that building muscle helps firm things up, which makes you look better. i am thinking it's time to start doing some that. sigh, again, lol...
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Celebrities DO have cellulite. They are either air-brushed for professional photos or cover it up. Tabloid photos are pretty telling. Your genetics will decide for you, for the most part. I have seen before/after pics of women, who lift heavy, that shows less cellulite as they became more fit.

I'm only about halfway to goal, with much more to lose, but my skin does look better. The cellulite is decreasing and my muscles are showing through. Honestly, I don't care about the cellulite as much as the rolls! I think that I can handle taut with dimples, lol.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Eh, I look ok, not great. Bit lumpy and bumpy still, but I love my body for having got me this far without any major issues. I've just started running again and I think that will help.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and I have seen a significant improvement in my cellulite after lifting for the past 5 months. Yes I still wear a bikini - even in public lol - no one has run away screaming yet!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    I'm 54 and I have seen a significant improvement in my cellulite after lifting for the past 5 months. Yes I still wear a bikini - even in public lol - no one has run away screaming yet!
    lol. You're funny. I don't have any weights to train my legs. Can you strength train your legs without weights? Maybe silly question, huh?
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have lost over 15 lbs since January.
    - I have cellulite but less of it because I am less fat.
    - My boobs, which have always been pretty small but perky, have become droopy since there is less fat to fill them out.

Although I am really self-critical, I was on the beach in March, having no problem walking around in a bikini. I think that healthy bodies with "wear and tear" are fine and are a reflection of our lives.

When you are having a self-conscious moment, just be grateful that you have normal, functional limbs. My neighbour has severe cerebral palsy, is in a wheel-chair, has her arms bound so they don't thrash about and hit everything in public, and uses a language board (with a laser attached to a head band). She would give anything to worry about a little cellulite or looking good naked.

Never compare yourself to a magazine photos of a celebrity. As mentioned, they are air-brushed, plus those people are paid to look as good as possible. If I was paid to get 3 hours exercise per day, had a personal chef buy and prepare my food, and an assistant to ensure that I got 8-9 hours sleep per day, then I'd look incredible.

If you feel beautiful, you will be beautiful. Work on that.

xxx
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    lol. You're funny. I don't have any weights to train my legs. Can you strength train your legs without weights? Maybe silly question, huh?

Check out "You Are Your Own Gym" or "Body by You" by Mark Lauren. He has workouts using body weight that get progressively more difficult. The important thing is to challenge your muscles.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »
    I'm 50 and have lost over 15 lbs since January.
    - I have cellulite but less of it because I am less fat.
    - My boobs, which have always been pretty small but perky, have become droopy since there is less fat to fill them out.

Although I am really self-critical, I was on the beach in March, having no problem walking around in a bikini. I think that healthy bodies with "wear and tear" are fine and are a reflection of our lives.

When you are having a self-conscious moment, just be grateful that you have normal, functional limbs. My neighbour has severe cerebral palsy, is in a wheel-chair, has her arms bound so they don't thrash about and hit everything in public, and uses a language board (with a laser attached to a head band). She would give anything to worry about a little cellulite or looking good naked.

Never compare yourself to a magazine photos of a celebrity. As mentioned, they are air-brushed, plus those people are paid to look as good as possible. If I was paid to get 3 hours exercise per day, had a personal chef buy and prepare my food, and an assistant to ensure that I got 8-9 hours sleep per day, then I'd look incredible.

If you feel beautiful, you will be beautiful. Work on that.

xxx

well put. Thank-you. I needed that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm confident naked

I don't look airbrushed, I have a couple of scars, a few stretch marks on my tummy but overall I have to say yes

I don't have cellulite, I have slightly visible abs and good muscle definition and I'm pretty sure a tan would make me look even better

Get a good bikini, swimsuit for the beach and you'll be fine

Think Helen Mirren
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Hate to be so blunt, but, do you look good naked? What I mean is, do you have a lot of cellulite? I'm 42 and I'm just curious if the cellulite will come off too. I know women celebrities over 40 look great, but they probably have liposuction. Thanks for any answers.

I never had a bumpy appearance. I have some stretch marks.
    I look okay naked to my dh.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, you will have less cellulite.

Now that I am at goal, down 22% bodyweight, I don't have much cellulite left at all. I still have a bit of fat that I am trying to lose by lifting, doing some cardio, and eating at maintenance.

Not sure if I will ever be 100% confident naked, as I had a tipped uterus my second pregnancy and ended up with extreme stretch marks (even though I only put on 20 lbs) so that skin will always be loose and scarred.
  • MrsSusiePrior
    Options
    I had loads of cellulite until I stopped drinking fizzy. I mean all fizzy including sugar free. I now have hardly any!