? for women over 40 who have lost weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and running have more or less cleared my cellulite. I have a touch more podge to lose that's hanging around on my stomach and top of legs, but when my BMI got under 24 saw a huge improvement in how everything looks!
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    thanks gals for all your replies and the future ones I will be reading. Support means a lot to me.
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with above posters, cellulite has diminished with weight loss and for me lifting. Am not perfect but I look better than a lot of women my own age (47) and some girls who are young enough to be my daughters. My only weak area is my abdomen which is still poochy from 2 major abdominal surgeries.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I still have a tiny bit on my tummy, but I'm not quite done losing weight yet. It's gone from my thighs and I think I look pretty good naked. My boyfriend seems to think so, too. :)

You look great in your profile pic there, BTW!

Thanks! Big weights and little deficit - the mantra of MFP. ;)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Can you strength train your legs without weights? Maybe silly question, huh?

Why would you want to strength train legs without weights? I have great legs because I lift heavy weights.

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 44, I have stretch marks from my second pregnancy (I gained almost 60 lbs) and a little droop in the belly left over from that (15 years ago).

I rock a bikini - and I think I look good naked. I never really had much cellulite even when recovering from that difficult pregnancy. I was worried about the stretch marks at the very first when I divorced and started dating, but they were a complete non-issue. My buff and fit boyfriend loves my body. I am about 5 pounds over my ideal right now (I'm short). I am not currently lifting weights but I do for a few years and then I do other things - yoga, pilates, running, biking so I've lifted weights regularly about half my adult life - for several years at a time. I also do a lot of things that are probably weight-lifting though, in my daily life. Shoveling and moving rocks and dirt in my yard, hauling tools up and down a ladder working on my house, and so on. Today I was swinging a 30 pound bar repeatedly up and down to break up caliche (hardpan, like breaking cement) in my back yard to try to dig a hole to plant a tree. As soon as my budget allows I'll join my gym again but meanwhile I'm working out improving my house. :smiley:

I am by no means perfect. But confidence, good posture and overall healthy habits go a long way. I got such an ego boost last year when I forgot something in the locker room and made a sudden turn around and caught a man watching me in my bright pink bikini with his mouth hanging open. : ) I actually did laugh right at him as I was surprised too, I didn't know anyone was there.
  • ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and do cardio. I lost over 25 lbs in the last 9 to 10 months. I have two young children. With each pregnancy I gained over 50 lbs and I'm only 5'2!! I still have some cellulite on my butt but I'm still 6 lbs away from my goal. Weight lifting is the fountain of youth. I'll be 48 next month.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and have lost 50lb since last August. I was covered in cellulite but now I don't have any. I was a lifelong drinker and smoker until 2 years ago. What I thought was cellulite must have been just dimply fat. Exercise helps loads, especialy lifting weights/
  • ShapingTheLaw
    Options
    I am 51 and have lost 50lb since last August. I was covered in cellulite but now I don't have any. I was a lifelong drinker and smoker until 2 years ago. What I thought was cellulite must have been just dimply fat. Exercise helps loads, especialy lifting weights/

You look great! Good job :)
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

You look great! Good job :)

That means a lot - thank you - you look fab

• ShapingTheLaw
    Options
    :)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have some cellulite on my butt. How do you lift weights for your butt?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I have some cellulite on my butt. How do you lift weights for your butt?

Squats, among other things! There are a whole bunch of ways...
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    What else besides squats? I do squats, curious what else.