How often do you wash your hair?

Options
amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
I know a lot of people swear up and down you should only wash your hair two to three times a week, however, if you are working out is that feasible or fair to the people around you?

Replies

• LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    I wash it every day...
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have very dry hair so every two or three days. it's a source of discontent for me because washing it makes it even more dry and it turns into a staticy unbrushable mess
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,224 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah I wash it everyday too, specially in summers and after workouts, don't like the feeling of unwashed hair. My hair is normal to dry too, for that I do deep conditioning and hair masks because some measures need to be taken.
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't wash my hair very often because of my hair colour but if it needs freshening up I'll use those dry shampoo products. When I work out and need to wash my hair I usually only use conditioner and then will shampoo and condition as needed.
  • KrysAurora
    KrysAurora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I have very curly, very frizzy hair that gets very dry quickly (lots of verys there :dizzy: ) so I only wash my hair a couple of times a week. My mother on the other hand, has fine, limp hair and has to use a fair amount of product so she washes daily.
    If you're worried about damaging your hair or drying it out but wanted clean(er) hair after working out, try a dry shampoo. It'll absorb the oil and sweat and leave your hair smelling nice without actually washing it.
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    I CO WASH my hair at least 4 or 5 times a week
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i rinse my hair with water after a work out but I only "wash" my hair every 9-10 days
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    every damn day
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    4-6 times a week, but i use a good conditioner everyday to make up for washing it so often
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily - sometimes twice a day depending on what time I go to the gym..
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    depending on what your workout is, if you don't sweat profusely you could make do with dry shampoo..
  • salembambi
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    i rinse my hair with water after a work out but I only "wash" my hair every 9-10 days

and by wash i mean rinse with apple cider vinegar & a bit of baking soda ahhh so good to be lazy
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Due to my color, as infrequently as possible. Usually once a week. I use a ton of dry shampoo to combat oily roots and oils on the mid to ends to combat dry ends. If I get sweaty I'll rinse my hair (with cold water).

No, it isn't fair to your significant other or anyone else that gets that close to you. My fiance often complains about the smell of my hair when he gets close to me if it is nearing a shampoo day...but my color lasts and I get incredible structure out of multiple day old hair!
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options

and by wash i mean rinse with apple cider vinegar & a bit of baking soda ahhh so good to be lazy

I'd recommend staying away from baking soda. It has a different PH than your scalp and hair. I've used it before and thought I was getting amazing results, but my hair just felt dry. It was my grandmother, who gave me the wake up call. She said it's basic chemistry. Why don't you try honey water?
  • salembambi
    Options
    xesixb wrote: »

I'd recommend staying away from baking soda. It has a different PH than your scalp and hair. I've used it before and thought I was getting amazing results, but my hair just felt dry. It was my grandmother, who gave me the wake up call. She said it's basic chemistry. Why don't you try honey water?

ive been doing it for 3ish years now I only use a small amount
    I was using too much previously & did notice slight drying so i messed around with it and found a combo i love

sometimes i dont even use any baking soda just vinegar which happens when im extra lazy (which is often)
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I wash every other day but in the days in between I'll rinse and sometimes condition if necessary.

I have fine hair and always thought it got way too oily without daily washing but got a new stylist who persuaded me to try it otherwise. Now my hair naturally has a lot more volume and looks healthier (less fragile and less breakage) than it did before.
  • opalwisteria
    opalwisteria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't use shampoo, once a week i'll wash my hair with water only.
    I do dye my hair every 2 months, max once a month with conditioner based vegan dye. there's still some chemicals in there, but not using shampoo/conditioner where others might use it daily takes away a lot of damage from my hair and scalp/face.
  • Jessica_L_E
    Jessica_L_E Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    Every 2-3 days
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Every 3 days or so...I put it up in a ponytail alot and I'm always working out so having it down is a pain.