HerbalLife Shakes cause you to burn 170 calories per serving...

Options

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    If only it were true. Maybe they can create a cheeseburger that has a negative calorie count, I'm hungry for a nice, big, juicy cheeseburger.

Crazy that the OP was flagged.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A magic shake that will burn calories you say?? ;)

9e9.gif
  • dzenifera
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Sounds legit. I think I'll pick some up after I finish wiring bail money to my long-lost friend in Nigeria.

Please, I really needs that monies.»

Thank you! I needed to LMAO today. :p
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you burn calories with the shakes but you need the body wraps to lose inches :wink:

LOL..I was at a street fair yesterday and this woman from a booth approached me to try and sell some 'band' thing that 'along with our shakes you will lose inches per week;'. I laughed and said "thanks, but no thanks..I eat healthy, work out and am losing 1.5 pounds per week". She said.."oh, but this will help you lose more!!". I asked if she used it and she said yes. She and her partner were BOTH overweight...yeah..it works....wraps, bands, shakes.

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I was I was ethically broken. I'd sell magic detox ramen.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • MichelleH93UK
    MichelleH93UK Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing these guys in the street. I might go up to them and see what they say about their miracle diet. I'm sure it will be fully peer reviewed by the science community.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you burn calories with the shakes but you need the body wraps to lose inches :wink:

This reminds me that I actually saw a girl wrapping her belly in plastic wrap at the gym last week. I know people post about it in the forums all the time, but I didn't actually think people did it in real life. Clearly it didn't work since it was just bought from the store and not purchased from a "friend" on FB...
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options

LOL..I was at a street fair yesterday and this woman from a booth approached me to try and sell some 'band' thing that 'along with our shakes you will lose inches per week;'. I laughed and said "thanks, but no thanks..I eat healthy, work out and am losing 1.5 pounds per week". She said.."oh, but this will help you lose more!!". I asked if she used it and she said yes. She and her partner were BOTH overweight...yeah..it works....wraps, bands, shakes.

But wait there's more! You also need magnets to help you balance, and those foot pads to pull the toxins out of your feet while you sleep, and magical holy water As Seen on TV! so you can cure all your illnesses.. I guess if you're happy being mediocre with your 1.5 lbs of loss per week, then fine. Be mediocre.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

This reminds me that I actually saw a girl wrapping her belly in plastic wrap at the gym last week. I know people post about it in the forums all the time, but I didn't actually think people did it in real life. Clearly it didn't work since it was just bought from the store and not purchased from a "friend" on FB...

I have a FB "friend" that is pretty high up in the It Works MLM organization, she makes mad cash and is always posting pics with ridiculous hashtags like, #workhardplayhard and #itworks and #6figureincome.

Ugh. Still trying to figure out how to tactfully #unfriend her.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options

I can't imagine busting out a roll of Saran and a tube of lube at the gym to encase my core. That's dedication.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I have a FB "friend" that is pretty high up in the It Works MLM organization, she makes mad cash and is always posting pics with ridiculous hashtags like, #workhardplayhard and #itworks and #6figureincome.

Ugh. Still trying to figure out how to tactfully #unfriend her.
    #playdumbwhencaught
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options

But wait there's more! You also need magnets to help you balance, and those foot pads to pull the toxins out of your feet while you sleep, and magical holy water As Seen on TV! so you can cure all your illnesses.. I guess if you're happy being mediocre with your 1.5 lbs of loss per week, then fine. Be mediocre.

this reminded me of this FB post from an IT WORKS girl I know:

thunder thighs are wrapped up for the night and tingling!! Used the Cleanser to wash my face and thighs when I showered so they would be good and clean. Got my mandatory 20 oz of water next to me to drink.. and for tomorrow I have my Greens Orange to put in my OJ at breakfast and my Thermofit to kick up my metabolism and my Fat Fighters to battle the fat and carbs I might eat tomorrow. I'm all set!!! Of course I have my Hair Skin & Nails, Facials and Defining Gel too... OH and I got the Confianza t help with my stress levels!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    So yea, someone tried to tell me that on Facebook. This was the first I had heard something this outlandish. Not only is it the "nectar of the gods", it burns the same amount of calories as it has in it so you net 0 when you drink a shake. Other words of wisdom from the same person.... it takes 9 calories to process 1 gram of protein so for every gram of protein you eat, you actually net -5 calories per gram... You can eat unlimited HerbalLife shakes and unlimited chicken breasts and you will never gain weight!

That is all. Just a vent.
    Obviously not taking into account TEF when they posted it. Heck let's just eat steak all the time. Based on their theory eating a 12 ounce sirloin steak at 636 calories is REALLY just -264 calories (about 100 grams of protein in 12 ounce sirloin). So just add 2 steaks a day and eat up to your TDEE and you'll lose weight. I love pseudoscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• WinoGelato
    Options

thunder thighs are wrapped up for the night and tingling!! Used the Cleanser to wash my face and thighs when I showered so they would be good and clean. Got my mandatory 20 oz of water next to me to drink.. and for tomorrow I have my Greens Orange to put in my OJ at breakfast and my Thermofit to kick up my metabolism and my Fat Fighters to battle the fat and carbs I might eat tomorrow. I'm all set!!! Of course I have my Hair Skin & Nails, Facials and Defining Gel too... OH and I got the Confianza t help with my stress levels!!

That is true, my "friends" that sell it are lately touting things like greens for their hair and skin, in addition to the saran wrap...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

It amazes me that people share this level of detail on Facebook. SMDH. This would be a de-friend for me.
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Does that include chasing the chicken around a yard like Rocky Balboa?
    This.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

The woman I knew who sold ITWORKS has gotten really quiet with those posts, and her pictures look the same as before. I guess ITDIDNTWORK.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Does Herbalife make Deer Track Ice Cream thats what I want to know
  • WinoGelato
    Options

The woman I knew who sold ITWORKS has gotten really quiet with those posts, and her pictures look the same as before. I guess ITDIDNTWORK.

Yeah a couple of years ago I had two friends selling them - one recruited the other in the typical pyramid scheme. They were constantly setting up booths at bridal fairs and county fairs and anywhere else they could think of to sell the products. They hosted wrap parties and I managed to just ignore all the invites that I got and eventually they either didn't get rich, got tired of trying to swindle others into joining the scheme, or realized the products didn't work.

But I have two other friends selling them now - one is fairly new at it and entry level and one is like a director or diamond person or whatever levels one aspires to be in MLM organizations...