GREAT RESULT WORKOUTS?!

Options
I just got into step aerobics, it kind of takes your mind off of the pain but its still a great workout! I'm trying to mix it up and do other good workouts. Whats your favorite workouts that give great results?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you like classes, have you tried spinning? It's a fast-paced stationary bicycle workout.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I prefer circuit training where you do a combo of strength and aerobic work.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    anything done consistently 3-4 times a week
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, my favourite work out is walking loooong distances. But that's because it clears my mind and puts me in a "zen" mode. ;)

I tend to focus more on diet for weight loss. Oh and I do heavy lifting 5 times a week. It's good for the mind, especially if you are thinking of someone you want to murder... you lift much heavier than normal :lol:
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym.

Run on treadmill until I'm bored/tired
    Have a cup of coffee and a chat
    Lift heavy stuff until I'm bored/tired
    Have a cup of coffee and a chat
    Bodyweight exercises until I'm bored/tired
    Have a chat.
    Go home.

Repeat.

Probably completely sub-optimal, but it's fun, social and seems to having the desired effect.
  • kayla_harker
    kayla_harker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    right now the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels
  • happydrummingmonkey
    Options
    Fitness blender! They have many videos to choose from. Strength training, cardio, HIIT etc. I get bored easily doing the same workouts again and again but they have a lot of different videos and I never do the exact same thing twice :)
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my favorite class- but I also love lifting weights! I do a large variety of classes: kickboxing, piloxing, Tabata, Yoga, Water aerobics,Aqua Zumba and muscle conditioning classes. My gym does not charge extra for classes and there are over 100 classes offered each week, so I have plenty of great classes to choose from. I'm pretty lucky.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I do the step 6" :smiley: I mix it throughout the day with walking, as fast as I can Not sure how fast, but when I had a cheap pedometer (when I started here on MFP) I was at 3 mph and now I feel i'm going faster. I like doing both. I also am going into my 3rd week lifting weights @ 1.5 hrs/session (I log an hour). The weight sessions are hard and burn (especially the last few reps of each set), but I'm starting to love that feeling and how I feel after is awesome! I am trying to physch myself up to get on my blades again, because I am already feeling much stronger. The exercise itself (especially when I'm done with each workout) puts me in a Zen mode. Anxiety wipes out which is such a plus.
    I like doing 20, 30, 40 minute sessions of the step, watching shows. After the first 10 minutes, I zone out and get past the burning and I like that I can get a good sweat going :sweat_smile: I do my workouts mainly for fitness and wellbeing, so I try to eat back 50% or less. I'm still adjusting this as I see and feel results :smiley:

This is way more info then you are asking about, but it made me feel good to spit it out. Great to see you here allyxnatara11. Looks like your having fun as well with your fitness journey! :grin:
  • allyxnatara11
    allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Hahaha, my favourite work out is walking loooong distances. But that's because it clears my mind and puts me in a "zen" mode. ;)

I tend to focus more on diet for weight loss. Oh and I do heavy lifting 5 times a week. It's good for the mind, especially if you are thinking of someone you want to murder... you lift much heavier than normal :lol:

lmao think of someone i wanna murder lol, I might get too bulky if I do that lol
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    I do the step 6" :smiley: I mix it throughout the day with walking, as fast as I can Not sure how fast, but when I had a cheap pedometer (when I started here on MFP) I was at 3 mph and now I feel i'm going faster. I like doing both. I also am going into my 3rd week lifting weights @ 1.5 hrs/session (I log an hour). The weight sessions are hard and burn (especially the last few reps of each set), but I'm starting to love that feeling and how I feel after is awesome! I am trying to physch myself up to get on my blades again, because I am already feeling much stronger. The exercise itself (especially when I'm done with each workout) puts me in a Zen mode. Anxiety wipes out which is such a plus.
    I like doing 20, 30, 40 minute sessions of the step, watching shows. After the first 10 minutes, I zone out and get past the burning and I like that I can get a good sweat going :sweat_smile: I do my workouts mainly for fitness and wellbeing, so I try to eat back 50% or less. I'm still adjusting this as I see and feel results :smiley:

This is way more info then you are asking about, but it made me feel good to spit it out. Great to see you here allyxnatara11. Looks like your having fun as well with your fitness journey! :grin:

No thanks so much for sharing, I want to start lifting I guess I just dont know what to do when I pick up the weights I feel like im always doing the same thing over and over lol. And YES you have to have fun on your journey or else it would really really suck lol
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    right now the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels

I always wanted to try her workouts
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »

No thanks so much for sharing, I want to start lifting I guess I just dont know what to do when I pick up the weights I feel like im always doing the same thing over and over lol. And YES you have to have fun on your journey or else it would really really suck lol

:smiley: I hear ya about the weight lifting. I was intimidated by it. My hubby has equiptment in our garage. I would watch him lift and feel "no way can I do that". He started training me (I think he has fun bossing me around :grin: ) But I do what he says, focus, and by the end of a 1 hour 20 to 1.5 hours per session (it can vary) I need a hot bath! Hubby says i've gone higher in weight and more reps (he's keeping my lifting diary) over the past 2 weeks, so I must be getting stronger (don't know if it's mental or actually happening). I found so much inspiration from the other ladies (way more experienced lifters) I found here on MFP. By reading their posts and comments I got the courage to ask hubby to train me. For his age (or any age for that matter) he looks great and has more energy and strength than many other men his age, in our town (from what I see, but he is my hubby, so I'm bias :lol: )

There probably are good vid's on youTube, also paying attention to the lifter ladies on here should help set you in the direction you want.
  • allyxnatara11
    Options

:smiley: I hear ya about the weight lifting. I was intimidated by it. My hubby has equiptment in our garage. I would watch him lift and feel "no way can I do that". He started training me (I think he has fun bossing me around :grin: ) But I do what he says, focus, and by the end of a 1 hour 20 to 1.5 hours per session (it can vary) I need a hot bath! Hubby says i've gone higher in weight and more reps (he's keeping my lifting diary) over the past 2 weeks, so I must be getting stronger (don't know if it's mental or actually happening). I found so much inspiration from the other ladies (way more experienced lifters) I found here on MFP. By reading their posts and comments I got the courage to ask hubby to train me. For his age (or any age for that matter) he looks great and has more energy and strength than many other men his age, in our town (from what I see, but he is my hubby, so I'm bias :lol: )

There probably are good vid's on youTube, also paying attention to the lifter ladies on here should help set you in the direction you want. [/quote]

yea your absolutely right, I'll go on youtube and see what they have on there and find other lady lifters on here. And thats soo good! after 2 weeks your already getting stronger!? who knows how strong you'll be in 2 months! I'm definitely starting today!
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Rowing is an amazing full-body workout that gives you cardio and strength training on one workout. We have a Water Rower and its an epic machine. 1/2 hour on thing at a fairly rigorous pace(try to get about 7500 meters in a half hour) will destroy body fat & tone you up like crazy. It doesnt "feel" like you are doing anything until you try to get off the thing and you can barely wak ;)
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I just got into step aerobics, it kind of takes your mind off of the pain but its still a great workout! I'm trying to mix it up and do other good workouts. Whats your favorite workouts that give great results?

Lifting weights
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    s2mikey wrote: »
    Rowing is an amazing full-body workout that gives you cardio and strength training on one workout. We have a Water Rower and its an epic machine. 1/2 hour on thing at a fairly rigorous pace(try to get about 7500 meters in a half hour) will destroy body fat & tone you up like crazy. It doesnt "feel" like you are doing anything until you try to get off the thing and you can barely wak ;)

I totally forgot about rowing!!, I wonder how much a machine is.... that is a wonderful workout