Meal Prepping

Options
suzeexoxo
suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
I will be meal prepping today for the 1st time. Any suggestions, tips, ideas and recipes will be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Prep only food you have a true intention to eat o:)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    cook a lot of food.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    I will be meal prepping today for the 1st time. Any suggestions, tips, ideas and recipes will be greatly appreciated! :)

The best idea I've gotten ought of cooking is the concept of mise en place. Kind of a Zen thing to me but really just French Chef speak for getting your xxxx together.
    • What you're going to cook
    • What ingredients you need
    • What are the steps involved
    • What can be done in advance
    • What do you lack and need need to get before starting
    If I'm doing something new that I'm unsure of, I want all the ingredients laid out like on TV with everything measured, sliced and diced as needed.
    If its something I've done a million times I can usually do most or all of the prep while things are heating, sweating, simmering etc. But even if the stuff isn't all lined up in neat rows of little ramekins, it needs to look that way in my head.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    If you Google "Competition Meal Prep" you'll get a whole bunch of ideas. Even if not a competitor, you can still get the idea and add any things to your meals that you would like to in order to get your own nutritional value.
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Sweet! Thanks
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Look up "fit men cook" on either google or youtube. . his recipe ideas are amazing!
  • suzeexoxo
    Options
    Thanks, I will!