is it bad to eat eggs too often?

Options
124»

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I came across this lovely recipe: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/egg-muffins-with-sausage-spinach-and-cheese/

And omg has my life changed. I LOVE scrambled eggs in the morning but I only have 2 small pans and I get annoyed washing dishes every other day. Now I can make everything Sunday night, portion them out, and into the fridge they go to be reheated.

I made 11 instead of 6 this time (and froze a few to see how they fare) so I could put them on English muffins for the week. I'll be picking up sausage patties this weekend and some cheese, too. Homemade Egg McMuffins!!!

Plus eggs are like $2/dozen (or $2/18 if they're on sale) so it's practically a free breakfast!!

~Lyssa
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I came across this lovely recipe: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/egg-muffins-with-sausage-spinach-and-cheese/

And omg has my life changed. I LOVE scrambled eggs in the morning but I only have 2 small pans and I get annoyed washing dishes every other day. Now I can make everything Sunday night, portion them out, and into the fridge they go to be reheated.

I made 11 instead of 6 this time (and froze a few to see how they fare) so I could put them on English muffins for the week. I'll be picking up sausage patties this weekend and some cheese, too. Homemade Egg McMuffins!!!

Plus eggs are like $2/dozen (or $2/18 if they're on sale) so it's practically a free breakfast!!

~Lyssa

Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to try it for next week! I've been having a fried egg over a morningstar sausage patty on a bagel thin half and while it's good, I'm getting bored. I can't wait to try this!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa

Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to try it for next week! I've been having a fried egg over a morningstar sausage patty on a bagel thin half and while it's good, I'm getting bored. I can't wait to try this!

They reheat really well (I warm them for 10-20 seconds on 50% power) and they're good all week when refrigerated. I also add in some hash brown potato chunks and did do green onions when I had them. They're easier to get out of the muffin cups if you use a small rubber spatula - dont even need the butter knife then.

~Lyssa