Hi, CAN ANYONE COMMENT on the following?: how much calorie loss can rave-house music burn?

Options
Any technotronics in the house? Using fullbody combinations, how would you rate the calorie burn and duration of rave dancing- or house-trance club dancing?....This is VERY IMPORTANT to my weight-loss management profile evaluation of exercise..... As usual there is no entry for this exercise, and I can not rate personal performance.
Any suggestions??????

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    .046 calories per pound per minute if you are dancing very intense.
    .023 calories per pound per minute if you are just general dancing not intense.
  • CharmaineDelzer
    CharmaineDelzer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thankyou, for your suggestion and promptness!
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You might want to invest in something like a heart rate monitor that will tell you how many calories you burned.. I don't think anyone can possibly accurately tell you how many calories you specifically burned while dancing. It is impossible to know that.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You might want to invest in something like a heart rate monitor that will tell you how many calories you burned.. I don't think anyone can possibly accurately tell you how many calories you specifically burned while dancing. It is impossible to know that.

HRM won't give an accurate number.
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Any technotronics in the house? Using fullbody combinations, how would you rate the calorie burn and duration of rave dancing- or house-trance club dancing?....This is VERY IMPORTANT to my weight-loss management profile evaluation of exercise..... As usual there is no entry for this exercise, and I can not rate personal performance.
    Any suggestions??????

You just made my day :smile: do you go raving often enough for it to be a part of your profile? That's just awesome!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Won't there be other influences as well?
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Don't have a helpful answer but enjoy your raving! Woop woop!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

How come? it's pretty hard core cardio if you're doing it right.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Won't there be other influences as well?

Not everyone who loves house music and goes to see a DJ is under the influence of stuff....I love house music, in the car, gym, & out.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

How come? it's pretty hard core cardio if you're doing it right.

There are 8 billion MFP posts explaining why....I just don't have the energy anymore...

Good luck! :drinker:
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of this thread on reddit where a guy wore a Microsoft Band into the mosh pit for an entire GWAR show including openers:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GWAR/comments/2ok27b/i_wore_my_microsoft_band_to_the_gwar_show_in/
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Also, having been to many, many.... many raves in my lifetime, and noticing how much better fit I was when I was hitting them up 3-4 times per month for nearly two years, I feel safe to say that electronic dancing is likely quite a good workout.

The raves I was attending were hardcore/happy hardcore events though, where I would be dancing to 180bpm music for anywhere between 6-10 hours straight with only small breaks for rest/water. House music is quite a bit slower, so if you're doing more liquid type dancing than stomping, I'm guessing your calorie burn wouldn't be nearly as high.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of this thread on reddit where a guy wore a Microsoft Band into the mosh pit for an entire GWAR show including openers:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GWAR/comments/2ok27b/i_wore_my_microsoft_band_to_the_gwar_show_in/

I go to a bunch of metal shows, and I consider moshing to be an awesome form of HIIT. lol