Giving up sweeteners in drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @mjaygtoo It is not a sweet cup of black coffee, but more so a cup of black coffee that is not bitter. It just tastes like coffee, and actually has a natural sweetness to it. There are no specific brands, you have to find a coffee shops in your area that roasts fresh coffee and does it well. I am in San Antonio, TX, and my favorite roaster/coffee shop is Brown Coffee Co. What city are you in? There might be a good coffee shop in the area that also roasts and sells pour-over coffees so you could try out what I mean because it is kind of expensive to invest in a set-up at home to make them.
  • BananaPancakes6294_
    BananaPancakes6294_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to have 4 tablespoons of sugar in my coffee and 3 in my tea. This was about two years ago. Now I don't have any sugar in either and have not done for a year - & still enjoy it just as much! You get used to having sugar/sweetener but the more you reduce your intake of it or the longer you go without having it, the less you miss it if at all :)
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had to give up fake sweeteners cold turkey a few years back. they were reacting very poorly with a new medication, causing EXTREME dry mouth and throat. VERY EXTREME. I gave up all fake sweeteners - diet sodas, crystal light, anything with splenda(sucralose) Nutrasweet, asparatame, xylose, etc. When I did that, I found that i was craving far less sugary sweet stuff. I didn't "work" to change my overall eating patterns, I wasn't tracking anything. In fact, I added in a 12 oz can of regular full sugar soda every other day or so, and I still lost 10lbs in about 4-5 weeks after giving up the fake stuff. Because of the awful reaction- it wasn't so hard to do. I was lucky I guess, I don't recall any issues giving it up.. in fact I had fewer headaches than when drinking that stuff. I now can enjoy much less of something sweet than before as well. Except for chocolate.. i can drown in it and it wouldn't be enough. Good luck! I think you'll find yourself feeling better once you can rid that fake stuff from your diet.