Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You may be losing fat and pounds, but if you are taking long term meds for arthritis, your health would GREATLY improve if you cut out the lousy foods you eat.

That is inflammation.

Sugar's impact on pain is probably linked to the mineral loss associated with diets high in refined sugar. Human muscle relies on the minerals calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium for smooth and coordinated contraction and relaxation. A diet high in sugar causes the kidneys to extract calcium, magnesium and potassium from the blood and dump the minerals into the urine. The body then scavenges its bones and muscles to make up the mineral deficiency in the blood. The process results in muscles already less flexible due to fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis becoming even more spastic. Since sugar causes the body to extract minerals from bone and muscle, it's logical that sugar consumption intensifies pain

Wow, do you actually believe all that?

Oh, wait, it's from a "holistic health practitioner." :laugh:

Copy-Pasta.jpg

Carry on.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating gummies too much to completely cut them out. When I deprive myself of sugar, I eventually binge on it. That is much worse than having a serving or two of something I enjoy, especially when the other 80% of my calories are clean and I'm working out 6 days a week.

Not all health problems are caused by sugar. No matter how much sugar I eat, the nerve damage in my leg will be what it is. The same goes for the poster with RA.

If cutting out processed sugar works for you, that's wonderful, have a cookie......or don't. Telling people sugar causes pain when the source of the problem is completely unrelated to sugar consumption is completely ridiculous.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A life without ice cream would be no life at all