Weekly Challenge #1 - NO BREAD (of any form)

Options

Replies

• gaylefabre
    gaylefabre Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    #bread #is #not #destructive

For some people bread, and most forms of carbohydrates, are very destructive to dieting. I see my weight drop consistently on a daily basis, however the days I include any more that one slice of wholemeal bread my weight increases. For me there is a direct connection to the amount of carb I eat and how much weight I loose.

No Bread! That's a must, for me.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    bread is my friend. i don't fight against friends.

miley-video-inspiration-bread-cat.gif

I have the weirdest boner right now.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP - you think this is bad, wait till next week when you post your NO SUGAR Challenge...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    gaylefabre wrote: »
    For some people bread, and most forms of carbohydrates, are very destructive to dieting. I see my weight drop consistently on a daily basis, however the days I include any more that one slice of wholemeal bread my weight increases. For me there is a direct connection to the amount of carb I eat and how much weight I loose. No Bread! That's a must, for me.

Water weight. I argued on another thread that low-carbers mistake the temporary water weight from re-introducing carbs as fat gain. And here you are.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    But there's nothing wrong with bread? Why would I want it out of my life?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was about to post that i rarely ever eat bread, then i remembered the tortillas i eat at least 3 times a week. fajitas, enchiladas and quesadillas are my friends!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    OP - you think this is bad, wait till next week when you post your NO SUGAR Challenge...

He's obviously sweet enough, already.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    luiggigun wrote: »
    Giving up an entire food for a short period of time would only serve to frustrate people when they reintegrate it into their diet and regain any losses from that period. In short: Irresponsible & Unreasonable.

Let me explain.. the whole point is to challenge yourself to minimize destructive things to your diet so that in the long run it will be easier to control them.. its a buddy system.. and it is OPTIONAL.. NOT MANDATORY.

Please tell us more about how bread is destructive.

I swear you and everyone else that just loves to complain or justify their actions simply prefer to argue than to challenge yourself. I'm done trying to talk to cowards and trolls. PEACE.

Have a look at some tickers and some blogs and then call people trolls. We're all for doing hard things, but why do UNNECESSARY hard things?

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    StrawbC wrote: »
    Who'da thought scrolling through a "give up bread for a week" challenge would provide such entertainment

Honestly, the answer is "Anyone who spends much time at all on the MFP forums." It's part of the charm of the place. It doesn't take itself too seriously.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Giving up an entire food for a short period of time would only serve to frustrate people when they reintegrate it into their diet and regain any losses from that period. In short: Irresponsible & Unreasonable.

Let me explain.. the whole point is to challenge yourself to minimize destructive things to your diet so that in the long run it will be easier to control them.. its a buddy system.. and it is OPTIONAL.. NOT MANDATORY.

I swear you and everyone else that just loves to complain or justify their actions simply prefer to argue than to challenge yourself. I'm done trying to talk to cowards and trolls. PEACE.

Have a look at some tickers and some blogs and then call people trolls. We're all for doing hard things, but why do UNNECESSARY hard things?

Giggity.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Its hilarious reading the words that justify or complain but its sad that you guys aren't even trying to do this.. even for a few meals.. i mean how hard is it to sacrifice just one thing? meh and btw im not forcing this on anyone, you can be part of this group and not join the challenge, the idea is to help each other in this journey of fitness.

What does bread have to do with fitness?

And why do you feel it needs to be cut out this week and sugar be cut next week?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

For some people bread, and most forms of carbohydrates, are very destructive to dieting. I see my weight drop consistently on a daily basis, however the days I include any more that one slice of wholemeal bread my weight increases. For me there is a direct connection to the amount of carb I eat and how much weight I loose.

It's water weight from the bread. It's not fat and it's not a bad thing.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Its hilarious reading the words that justify or complain but its sad that you guys aren't even trying to do this.. even for a few meals.. i mean how hard is it to sacrifice just one thing? meh and btw im not forcing this on anyone, you can be part of this group and not join the challenge, the idea is to help each other in this journey of fitness.

What does bread have to do with fitness?

And why do you feel it needs to be cut out this week and sugar be cut next week?

It's not worth arguing this with a guy who mistakes critical questions for cowardice and justification (of what? iunno, somethin').
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Giggity.

*high five*

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Exactly ^^

I could cut out bread for a week...easily. But why? There isn't anything wrong with bread? Why not cut out chicken for a week?

Instead, I will refrain from eating beets for the rest of my life...because...yuck.

Maybe I'm just not MFP warrior enough...
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Exactly ^^

I could cut out bread for a week...easily. But why? There isn't anything wrong with bread? Why not cut out chicken for a week?

Instead, I will refrain from eating beets for the rest of my life...because...yuck.

Which is why I posted my HandWalking Challenge. Are you man enough to do that Hornsby? ARE YOU!?

• WinoGelato
    Options
    But there's nothing wrong with bread? Why would I want it out of my life?

This bread looks scary and destructive.

2044092.jpg
  • gaylefabre
    gaylefabre Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I have eaten identical meals for 3 days straight and lost 200gms each day. On day 4 I add 1 tortilla and an extra hour of cardio and increase by 300gms.

Please explain how this is 'water weight from bread'.

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options

Exactly ^^

Am I the only person in the world that actually likes beets? And I'm talking the canned ones... haha
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I have eaten identical meals for 3 days straight and lost 200gms each day. On day 4 I add 1 tortilla and an extra hour of cardio and increase by 300gms.

Please explain how this is 'water weight from bread'.
    How much did you gain? 300 grams? That's what, a little over half a pound? Yes, that could be water weight from the bread, or any one of the normal weight fluctuations that the human body incurs on a regular basis... did the 300g stay, or did it go away?

This discussion has been closed.