what are you doing to pump up your metabolism?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    jenalb24 wrote: »
    Looking for some new ideas to kick start my sleeping metabolism, what is working for you?

I read as many posts as possible that make me want to SMH.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Gawd I wish!! Wouldn't it be nice to simply eat or drink something or pop a pill that would magically kick our metabolism into next year!!??

Aaahh one can but dream :wink:
  • makennis
    makennis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Of course doing exercise is the best way to boost up your metabolism. But I was told that coconut oil can also help regulating metabolism.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Weight training - progressive and heavy

more muscles => faster metabolism

coconut oil - is oil made of coconuts - does it impact on your metabolism ...c'n I get a Hell NO!
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    makennis wrote: »
    But I was told that coconut oil can also help regulating metabolism.

I was also once told the moon was made of cheese
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Of course doing exercise is the best way to boost up your metabolism. But I was told that coconut oil can also help regulating metabolism.

has anyone tried coconut oil for world peace or time travel or something, cos that *kitten* can do anything!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Do such a hard strength training workout that you have plenty of repair to be done.
    Metabolism only higher during that repair process though.

More muscle gained from that lifting (which takes a long while) not much an increase while sleeping.
    Estimated 6 cal / lb / day, compared to fat at 2 cal/lb/day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    The chicken dance is awesome

I like the YMCA dance better
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I get plenty of sleep. I do chores. Walk the dog. Walk to the store. Go window shopping.
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights. Gaining lean muscle mass (which is a sloooooow process) is the only way to increase your BMR. There are no foods, quick fixes, or any of that.
  • jenalb24
    jenalb24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ty to those that are interested in actually giving advice; truly appreciate it. I'm overcoming a tough challenge and a hard long process. If you are not able to lend support to others then you're on the wrong post. Don't comment just move on with your ignorance ty.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I just read the whole thread and the only ignorance I've seen was about ice water, tea and coconut oil.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

you were told wrong about coconut oil.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Ty to those that are interested in actually giving advice; truly appreciate it. I'm overcoming a tough challenge and a hard long process. If you are not able to lend support to others then you're on the wrong post. Don't comment just move on with your ignorance ty.

the only ignorance in this thread your OP asking for ways to kickstart metabolism.

I am sorry you did not get the answers that you want but "support" does not mean spreading misinformation just to keep OP's happy ….
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You have no understanding of metabolism, do you, OP?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    zmusic wrote: »

So much of that list is ridiculous or negligible at best. I can't believe that's the resource I turn to when I am trying to figure out if I have a raging tropical infection or just allergies.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    reebok-pump-omni-zone-sneakers-4.jpg

Do they pump your metabolism by making your feet sweat? That has to be one of the hottest looking pair of shoes that I've ever seen.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I just read the whole thread and the only ignorance I've seen was about ice water, tea and coconut oil.

Pretty much.

To increase one's resting metabolism requires building more lean body mass. That isn't a "pump up" ... it is a time consuming, work intensive process. Anyone looking for a quick fix on this is searching for a truly ignorant response that matches their hopes rather that the brutal reality.