Fish - Any hope in making it less....fishy?

Options
124»

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of these ideas! I've already found quite a few ways that interest me for fish prep (and cooking style). So many good options!! I just want to have fish to get the health benefits. Plus, lots of protein per serving and I like that as well! Plus, I notice when I have fish for dinner, it's less heavy in my system overnight - no bloat at all - ever with fish.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,974 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of these ideas! I've already found quite a few ways that interest me for fish prep (and cooking style). So many good options!! I just want to have fish to get the health benefits. Plus, lots of protein per serving and I like that as well! Plus, I notice when I have fish for dinner, it's less heavy in my system overnight - no bloat at all - ever with fish.
    Smoked and candied trout or salmon is the gateway drug to fish.

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options

Bloat, say no more.

I like to make haddock tacos. Pre-heat the oven on broil setting. Squeeze lime juice over a fillet, add some cracked pepper, sea salt and smoked Hungarian paprika. Put the fish under the broiler and it should be done in about 8 minutes. I top it with homemade mango salsa (mango, all color peppers, red onion, tomato, jalapeno and the juice of one lemon with sea salt and pepper to taste). I serve it with a spicy quinoa.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Look for a white fish called pollock.
    I personally will not touch tilapia. Most tilapia is farm raised in China. Even the ones that are sold at Trader Joes. You can google what they feed them, it's gross.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since you did... agree. Tilapia is raised on a ton of antibiotics and unregulated food, and often come from Asia. They are crammed into small pens and are so popular because they grow fast in very small spaces. I it is inexpensive, so i get why folks eat it for sure! I won't deny that a lot of the risks are sensationalized in the media, because, well, it's the media. But just be aware of the controversy before you decide for yourself.

I believe Pollock is actually a variety of young cod :)