Anyone seen the benefits of raw apple cider with mother? How was your first day??

Options
in the past month 2 people have mentioned the benefits of organic Raw Apple cider with mother for energy, detox, skin problems and yes weightloss!
It was cheap so I gave in and bought a bottle at the vitamin shop brand (BRAGG Raw Apple cider with mother)
From the reviews I've read about 80% of the people say it gave them more energy.
I tried it today this morning 1 cup of warm water, 1 tbsp raw Apple cider, 1 tbsp honey about 30 min to 1 he before eating.
Well as expected the taste was not pleasant lol I drank it. All day I've felt my stomach rumbling like its working in my digestive system. I did have a normal bowel2 times today...
I feel like I need a nap!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    In before . . . well, just in.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    thisthread_zpsda8ab035.jpg
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    in the past month 2 people have mentioned the benefits of organic Raw Apple cider with mother for energy, detox, skin problems and yes weightloss!
    It was cheap so I gave in and bought a bottle at the vitamin shop brand (BRAGG Raw Apple cider with mother)
    From the reviews I've read about 80% of the people say it gave them more energy.
    I tried it today this morning 1 cup of warm water, 1 tbsp raw Apple cider, 1 tbsp honey about 30 min to 1 he before eating.
    Well as expected the taste was not pleasant lol I drank it. All day I've felt my stomach rumbling like its working in my digestive system. I did have a normal bowel2 times today...
    I feel like I need a nap!

Or it could be indigestion.....from drinking vinegar. :s Mother....lol.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I've used it to make salad dressing.

My first day was pretty good, my salad was delicious and I didn't really have any side effects because Apple Cider Vinegar doesn't really do anything.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    In.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    it helps my acid reflux when I am really suffering but can't say it made any difference to weight loss and you do have to be careful about your teeth if using it all the time
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Mother......good tune
    tumblr_mkbz7erPaF1rt3tboo3_500.gif
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Oh! Oh this will be grand.

200.gif
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Mother?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Also.... relevant...

large.gif
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    ryan-confused.gif
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    keep-calm-and-call-your-mother-10.png
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Thistooshallpass710
    I take mine twice daily in cold water, and I omit the honey as I don't like the combined taste. Also, make sure you drink it through a straw to protect your teeth if you continue to take it.

I've been taking it for ten years. I was fed up with having colds all the time and looked up some natural remedies for cold prevention and came across this one, and I haven't had a cold since. People will be quick to say there's no 'science' behind this but it works for me so I guess it must be magic! (:-)

p.s. oh yeah, it takes a few days to get used to the taste. I quite enjoy it now!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Right on cue...
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Mother?

That's what I was wondering...what was that actually supposed to be?

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Mother?

Nope, that's actually it. It's the original yeast/bacteria that performed the fermenting of the vinegar. It looks kind of like someone hacked a loogie in the vinegar.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of this mother variety. sounds.......weird to be honest. i take vitamin c. i seem to get less colds. tastes good so hey!
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Mother?

"Strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky, cobweb-like appearance.

Some people believe that the “mother” is responsible for most of the health benefits, although there are currently no studies to support this."
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I take mine twice daily in cold water, and I omit the honey as I don't like the combined taste. Also, make sure you drink it through a straw to protect your teeth if you continue to take it.

I've been taking it for ten years. I was fed up with having colds all the time and looked up some natural remedies for cold prevention and came across this one, and I haven't had a cold since. People will be quick to say there's no 'science' behind this but it works for me so I guess it must be magic! (:-)

p.s. oh yeah, it takes a few days to get used to the taste. I quite enjoy it now!

I saw a rainbow right after my last cold, and that was three years ago. Must be the rainbow's magical powers keeping me cold free!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Mother?

Nope, that's actually it. It's the original yeast/bacteria that performed the fermenting of the vinegar. It looks kind of like someone hacked a loogie in the vinegar.
    Wow, you're really selling it.

I have apple cider vinegar to treat my toenail fungus. Mmmmm.
This discussion has been closed.