Anyone seen the benefits of raw apple cider with mother? How was your first day??

Options

Replies

• Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of this mother variety. sounds.......weird to be honest. i take vitamin c. i seem to get less colds. tastes good so hey!

I suspect you're about to receive a deluge of requests for irrefutable medical evidence that vitamin C prevents colds. "Do not respond" would be my advice. Anyway this thread is about apple cider vinegar.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use it as a natural astringent when I had a break out ... not for weight loss
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I use Apple Cider as a dusting agent.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Aren't you worried about the vinegar killing the probiotic bacteria in your gut? I strongly recommend you take live probiotics (get it from the health food store, refrigerated! None of that regular store crap), one hour after you eat. Just to keep everything balanced.

And rinse your mouth out with a mild alkali to balance out your mouth.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Aren't you worried about the vinegar killing the probiotic bacteria in your gut?

Well, surely the same could be said of using it (or any vinegar) as a salad dressing? (Yes, this is a question.)
    Oh, and by the way, I use it as a salad dressing too.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I have never had apple cider vinegar with my mother.

giphy.gif
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Mother......good tune
    tumblr_mkbz7erPaF1rt3tboo3_500.gif
    I'd bet Danzig is all about Apple cider. That dude is one surprising health nut.

Did anyone else find irony in OPs screen name?

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Braggs is awesome in apple-berry shrubs, so it's got that going for it.

I took probiotics for about a month before I went to Ecuador, but I seem to have been OK without them before or since.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Mother?

That's what I was wondering...what was that actually supposed to be?

Nope, that's actually it. It's the original yeast/bacteria that performed the fermenting of the vinegar. It looks kind of like someone hacked a loogie in the vinegar.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

Are you supposed to liquify your mother to drink it with the apple cider vinegar? Or are you supposed to take your mother out to a nice restaurant and then partake in the vinegar together?

tumblr_nhmtf8Qzc61u2rqnho1_500.gif
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I stopped getting colds when I started taking the flu shot and doubled my vitamin D dosage.
  • organicgirl01
    organicgirl01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good book. As manager of a health food store for three years I had many customers with wonderful success stories for various uses. I am a believer. I love the stuff.

knhc40515n4u.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I don't get it.

Are you supposed to liquify your mother to drink it with the apple cider vinegar? Or are you supposed to take your mother out to a nice restaurant and then partake in the vinegar together?

31e9de2693ceaad7a2edeba5636e5eec.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I drank 1 tbl in a glass of water every morning all of last year. I used to only use it as a facial astringent and hair rinse but one lazy weeknight I decided to drink some because I was tired of water and something apple-y sounded good. No lie, about 30 minutes later I felt really happy for no reason. It was a ho-hum kind of day up to that point and it freaked me out that I became joyous for no reason. I started researching what exactly was in that ACV and found that, yep, it's a liver tonic among other things. Liver is directly related to mood and mine was stagnant I suppose. The liver also plays a big role in your metabolism. This is why folks make the large claim of ACV burning fat.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    77c.jpg
  • Thistooshallpass710
    Thistooshallpass710 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MOTHER is : contains the 'mother' of vinegar which occurs naturally as connected strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules

You know I grew up being told there is no such thing as a dumb question. I asked because I wanted honest opinions from those who've actually tried it for more than just 1 time. I thought people here were adults that are here to find support and share their experience on what's worked for them" I'll just read the threads and not post questions .
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon in a warm glass of water is my go to cure for indegestion and gas :)
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MOTHER is : contains the 'mother' of vinegar which occurs naturally as connected strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules

You know I grew up being told there is no such thing as a dumb question. I asked because I wanted honest opinions from those who've actually tried it for more than just 1 time. I thought people here were adults that are here to find support and share their experience on what's worked for them" I'll just read the threads and not post questions .

There is absolutely such a thing as a stupid question. Yours wasn't really stupid, just often repeated and one that's been discussed ad nauseum here. The search function is a wonderful thing
This discussion has been closed.