Anyone else here love cheat day as much as me!!??

Options
Chocolate

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Whay do you need a cheat day to eat chocolate? it sounds like something is wrong with your diet plan if it needs cheat days to enjoy chocolate.
  • zap5
    zap5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    cheat days are non existent eat whatever you want in moderation iifym
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Whay do you need a cheat day to eat chocolate? it sounds like something is wrong with your diet plan if it needs cheat days to enjoy chocolate.

My thoughts exactly.
  • ramesowen
    ramesowen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Shredding so eating to correct macro guidelines from Jim Stoppanis shortcut to shred diet regime
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I eat to my macro guidelines and still have chocolate everyday....
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    ramesowen wrote: »
    Shredding so eating to correct macro guidelines from Jim Stoppanis shortcut to shred diet regime

What are the "correct macros" that make chocolate off-limits?

• Merci4u
    Merci4u Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Some people need a cheat day to keep them on track. In the beginning I had to be all or nothing. Now I am able to factor in treats into my diet but still, sometimes a treat sends me into beast mode and I just eat and eat and eat...
  • ramesowen
    Options

What are the "correct macros" that make chocolate off-limits?

Go on Jim Stoppanis (has a PHD in nutritional studies) shotcut to shred and find out I didn't ask to be yelled at jeeeez
  • ramesowen
    Options
    Merci4u wrote: »
    Some people need a cheat day to keep them on track. In the beginning I had to be all or nothing. Now I am able to factor in treats into my diet but still, sometimes a treat sends me into beast mode and I just eat and eat and eat...

I am one of those people, thank you(y)
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Go on Jim Stoppanis (has a PHD in nutritional studies) shotcut to shred and find out I didn't ask to be yelled at jeeeez

Nobody is yelling at you.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,037 Member
    Options

Yes. I'm eating chocolate right now, all within my calorie limit. :)

• LKArgh
    Options
    You posted elsewhere you are following an hypertrophy program. A different program from the one you are psoting here about. The only thing in common is that both programs include more supplements than real food. All I can say is that if you need to eat like 20 different supplement per day to achieve your goals (which are conveniently sold by the site offering the program), something smells fishy. Not to mention that a 3000 calorie program where you need cheat days to eat a piece of chocolate sounds ... fascinating.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day now.........
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cheat day for me is a slippery slope at this point of my path, so I eliminated them (perhaps) for good and let is happen naturally. Meaning, if I really want it, I eat it and adjust. However, my weakness is salty, crunchy snacks. Hmm, just saying it makes my mouth sluuuurp!
  • AislingHunter
    AislingHunter Posts: 71 Member
    Options

This is me too, not everyone is great at controlling themselves. I find it very difficult to just have a little bit of chocolate, and so I set aside one day a week where I eat my maintenance calories. Some people can be so judgemental.
  • ramesowen
    Options

This is me too, not everyone is great at controlling themselves. I find it very difficult to just have a little bit of chocolate, and so I set aside one day a week where I eat my maintenance calories. Some people can be so judgemental.

Yeah same buddy :blush:
  • ramesowen
    Options
    You posted elsewhere you are following an hypertrophy program. A different program from the one you are psoting here about. The only thing in common is that both programs include more supplements than real food. All I can say is that if you need to eat like 20 different supplement per day to achieve your goals (which are conveniently sold by the site offering the program), something smells fishy. Not to mention that a 3000 calorie program where you need cheat days to eat a piece of chocolate sounds ... fascinating.

Following one food regime and a different one for workouts, not taking 20 different supplements or anything else that you're assuming, nothing smells fishy you're just assuming, thanks
  • LKArgh
    Options

Following one food regime and a different one for workouts, not taking 20 different supplements or anything else that you're assuming, nothing smells fishy you're just assuming, thanks

So, you are just googling, picking up different things here and there, are trying to follow a bulking fitness plan, while having in your profile a weight loss goal. Then you choose a bodybuilding eating plan which relies on macro balance, you decouple it from the weight lifting plan, you are not replacing with food the nutrients that your eating plan expects you to take in supplements, so the macros are always off and and then adding cheat days, which mean that your whole eating plan is off anyway? Honestly, just save yourself a lot of trouble, and just make things simpler:
    Pick a goal, decide if you are doing recomp, weight loss or bulking.
    Figure the calories that go with your goal and then choose an exercise plan that supports your goal.
    Then pick foods you like to get to your calories and close to your macros.
    Simpler, and will actually work.
    It does nto sound that cool when discussing it with other newbies in fitness forum, but I am assuming you are hoping for long term results not bragging to other people about your program, right?
  • ramesowen
    Options

So, you are just googling, picking up different things here and there, are trying to follow a bulking fitness plan, while having in your profile a weight loss goal. Then you choose a bodybuilding eating plan which relies on macro balance, you decouple it from the weight lifting plan, you are not replacing with food the nutrients that your eating plan expects you to take in supplements, so the macros are always off and and then adding cheat days, which mean that your whole eating plan is off anyway? Honestly, just save yourself a lot of trouble, and just make things simpler:
    Figure the calories that go with your goal and then choose an exercise plan that supports your goal.
    It does nto sound that cool when discussing it with other newbies in fitness forum, but I am assuming you are hoping for long term results not bragging to other people about your program, right?

Clearly not bulking, stop going on now just assuming u know everything zzzzzz
  • janejellyroll
    Options

Clearly not bulking, stop going on now just assuming u know everything zzzzzz

I looked at the "Shortcut to Shred" website and it appears to be a plan to build muscle. Is that not bulking?

There are also many supplements that are recommended as part of the plan: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred-supplements.html

I counted 33 different doses of the recommended supplements in a given day.