Replies

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    76116-Eddie-Murphy-WHAT-gif-Imgur-q5DT.gif
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm down 45# and 2 band sizes. My cup size has stayed the same, but I'm 56 and the girls are sagging. Is there an exercise to get them back where they belong? :o
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's the good thing about being an A-cup - you are used to not having boobs.
    I have serious envy for my best friend though, who is super tiny (even after childbirth) and yet has an amazing rack. Genetics can be evil sometimes.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 307 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It depends on whether your boobs are from genetics or because you were fat. If you genetically have large boobs, they'll probably stay close to the same size, which seems to be the case if you've already lost 50 lbs and they haven't changed.

EDIT: As an example, my weight has fluctuated from 105 lbs (in high school) to 140 lbs, now 130. My boobs were always a solid C. I'm 5'8 though so I was never overweight, so there wasn't really a question about my boobs being from fat.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 1 year ago and my boobs got way bigger when I breastfed. After that, they kinda deflated a little, but it actually gave them a better shape IMO. I started with 52lbs to lose with 21lbs remaining now and they have gotten smaller throughout the process. Let's hope I don't end up with none lol.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    I don't agree with the people saying "if you've lost most of the weight, they probably won't change." Mine didn't start shrinking until I was on my last ten pounds, and now I'm down an entire cup size.

I dont think anyone is saying they wont change..just that it wont be a dramatic change. One cup size is not dramatic..and Im guessing they didnt go from a full size to deflating like baloons out of air either? LoL

Thats kind of the difference between going down in size relative to overall weight loss, and when its the first to go, and keeps going, going gone... Thats what those of us who are saying at this point where she is so close, any change will not be enough to be of any concern are saying.

Actually they did deflate. They're completely flat on top so unless I wear a push up bra with a lot of padding, I'm nearly flat chested.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    With 72 pounds lost, I've gone from a 38H to a 32G. I'm really close to a DDD, and I hope they get there. It would be so nice to be able to shop for bras that don't cost $80 a piece. That said, I'm in maintenance, so it might not happen at all. I have lost a pants size while maintaining, but nothing more on top. :neutral: So, yes...they've gotten smaller, but it's still the same proportions I had before.

Mine is similar to your experience, only I have around 30 more pounds to lose. I was a 38GG at highest weight and after 27 lbs am a 36F (I think, not buying anything until I have to). I really look forward to being able to shop for bras IN a store so that I can try them on, instead of hoping the online ones fits comfortably.

In relation to how much is lost, breast tissue includes glandular as well as fat so how much/how dense the layers are will have an impact. I think that people who don't lose much have more glandular tissue than those who lament the shrinking.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Allelito wrote: »
    No, you need to contribute! Did your boobs disappear when you lost weight?

I lol'd.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    4q48rfky52k1.gif
  • kalbo798
    kalbo798 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity, if men are mostly the sexist objectifying pigs that they are. why are women concerned about the size of their breasts?? surely they should be only for the functionality....any other reason would be shallow right? surely?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No one can really answer that question for you. It all has to do with genetics. Generally, boobs get smaller with overall fat loss, but none of us can really tell you how much smaller.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    kalbo798 wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, if men are mostly the sexist objectifying pigs that they are. why are women concerned about the size of their breasts?? surely they should be only for the functionality....any other reason would be shallow right? surely?

Nice try. Crawl back into your cave now.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    My boobs seem to stick around.. that is, the parts of them that I enjoy anyway
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Because boobs don't exist solely for men? We like our boobs, too!

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Mine are gone. They were so big they dwarfed my super short friend's (relatively large) head in a picture where she was standing next to me and her head was right at boob level. I am now "asprins on an ironing board". I have to wear a C but only so that there's enough cup space to fit the rolled up skin. literally. it's nasty. here's hoping the rest of you are all safe from such a gross fate.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options

I'm happy mine are smaller because they weigh less. Less strain. I feel the same way about my feet.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Because they are an inconvenient pain in the *ss. But, that could just be my take on it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Oh god I hope mine get smaller. Please oh please get smaller for love of my back! :smiley:

Oh... I know, huh?! I need for them to be smaller.
    The price doesn't go down a ton until you hit a single D. I'm a DDD and I easily spend $50/60 on a bra. They aren't even that cute! You can't get cute ones until you're down to a C or want to spend a ton of money! GRRRRRR.....

That's the thing I want... cute bras!! The bigger the bra, the plainer they get. Or like you said, they'll be cute... BUT EXPENSIVE!!

May my boobs get smaller one day. Fingers crossed!! :laugh:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    If you lose them, there are lots of nice boys that will help you find them.

I speak from experience, I have lost almost 10 inches off my chest. It's lovely to see my feet again. And my hubby is always willing to conduct a search for my boobs.

I have no hope of ever seeing my feet. On a day-to-day basis, I really have no idea what is going on between my boobs and knees.

I think you have to look at:
    1. What your body shape was like if you were ever thin or thinner. I think that I am curvier now than I was at a lower weight when I was younger, but my body is not hugely different.
    2. Genetics: do you have someone in your family with a similar body habitus? What are her breasts like? My shape is ridiculously similar to my paternal grandmother. She has always been stick-thin though, with huge breasts. It's been a long time since I've been at my current weight, but I'm not super surprised that they are still with me.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    amy8400 wrote: »
    Boobs are no fun when they smack your chin on a jog.

Please tell me you are joking! I must admit that I have never had this issue.

I used to have to sleep with several pillows because anything less than two would leave me at an angle where I'd start to suffocate and wake up choking under the boobvalanche in the night.