Thick&curvy OR thin&skinny WOMEN

LesieliSky
LesieliSky Posts: 26 Member
just random thought running through my head I guess. I've always been on the beautiful+ size category, which is somewhat reason why I'm on MFP. My exS/O who I just broke it off for good recently is a marathon runner is fit ... always expressed he loved me just the way I was, but I never fully believed him. Question for the brothers/men reading this... When it comes to the female physique... Which would you prefer? And why? And also (if it's not too much to ask already) what are your thought about what you think most men would say to this? What do most of your guy friends prefer? (To the Women/my sisters just sit back and enjoy what responses we get to this one.. And if you feel you need to speak on it... Please do!)

Replies

• HarrisonAR
    HarrisonAR Posts: 85 Member
    interested!! As well!
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    I like all of the above! haha Seriously there are thick women that I am attracted to and thin women that I am attracted to.
    If it's a long term relationship I am looking for, personality has the biggest impact on me. I want a best friend that I am attracted to. Someone that has similar interests that I can do things with that we mutually enjoy. If a woman's size was an issue with me when I first met her, I wouldn't date her. If we were in a long term relationship and she gained weight, if I loved her, I wouldn't break it off because of that. I may try to encourage her to get in better shape in a very subtle way. It bugs me to hear someone tell there spouse, or girlfriend, "you're fat". Whether it's true or not that isn't cool.
  • nb23613
    nb23613 Posts: 36 Member
    Happy and healthy is the ideal ☺️
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,174 Member
    it's all a vey personal formula of size, fitness, confidence, humility and mainly self-image - and of course, healthy pathways to achieve their goal
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,174 Member
    nb23613 wrote: »
    Happy and healthy is the ideal ☺️

Looks like you've achieved it. Well done!!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    griffk00 wrote: »
    I like all of the above! haha Seriously there are thick women that I am attracted to and thin women that I am attracted to.
    If it's a long term relationship I am looking for, personality has the biggest impact on me. I want a best friend that I am attracted to. Someone that has similar interests that I can do things with that we mutually enjoy. If a woman's size was an issue with me when I first met her, I wouldn't date her. If we were in a long term relationship and she gained weight, if I loved her, I wouldn't break it off because of that. I may try to encourage her to get in better shape in a very subtle way. It bugs me to hear someone tell there spouse, or girlfriend, "you're fat". Whether it's true or not that isn't cool.

This.
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Slim and curvy and fit = win.
  • akiba254
    akiba254 Posts: 209 Member
    The biggest physical attraction to me is a genuine smile not the body. A woman who is happy with herself and has a sense of humour is the ideal. As the saying goes though no matter how physically attractive a person is if they have an ugly personality then they are ugly. Life is too short to keep it only skin deep.
  • blueeyedjman
    blueeyedjman Posts: 30 Member
    Thick and curvy!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    griffk00 wrote: »

I'll add "This!" as well.

The only look I don't like is when I see ribs, honestly.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    There is no right or wrong answer for this thread. It's been asked 1,000 times already.

/thread
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    i have dated women from 100 lbs. to 220 lbs. I was attracted to each of them.

so body type/size doesn't seem to play into what physically attracts me to someone.

But I can tell you this: i married a woman who was 115-120. And over the last 10 years her weight, and mine, have fluctuated up and down, but she has always been as attractive to me as when I met her, because after I fell in love with her mind, personality, humor, etc. her body is just what carries all that, and it will always be beautiful to me.

So the dude probably wasn't lying when he said he loved you the way you were.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Awwwwww ^^^^ <3
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    gotta have curves
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    You know, every guy is going to like different things. Sometimes it's not even about looks, but about the other things you have to offer in life.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

so body type/size doesn't seem to play into what physically attracts me to someone.

But I can tell you this: i married a woman who was 115-120. And over the last 10 years her weight, and mine, have fluctuated up and down, but she has always been as attractive to me as when I met her, because after I fell in love with her mind, personality, humor, etc. her body is just what carries all that, and it will always be beautiful to me.

You beat me to it. Men and women are more than just a body.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

You beat me to it. Men and women are more than just a body.

Could not have said it better!

• katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    I like women.

Amen!
This discussion has been closed.