Thick&curvy OR thin&skinny WOMEN

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well. This thread didn't take long to start in on the body shaming. :indifferent:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    None of the above.

I like my women to be athletic and curvy.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Be happy with yourself first!
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants to *kitten* a bag of hangers.

Yeah that would be pretty weird. Is there even a hole?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures.

Thanks. I'll let my husband know he's not really attracted to me.

I call BS on that one.

It was in response to the comment: "Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures."

We women just love to be body shamed.

Well the OP asked for what men/,Brothers really? , think what other men would answer the question. I'm surprised to not see that meme up yet.

• JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options

That depends. Any lubricant in this bag of hangers, by chance?

Nope. Just a bunch of pointy hangers in a skin sack.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    does it matter what men like? op, what are you looking for, here, by making this thread? validation that you're doing the "right" thing? permission to quit? a body-shaming [poop]-show for personal entertainment?

it doesn't matter what size other people are attracted to. living to please others won't make YOU happy.

do you like what you see when you look in the mirror? if you don't, change it. if you do, own it. you'll find someone who loves it, and you, no matter what the majority prefers.

edit: i'm still not sure if cursing is allowed on this 18+ forum so i will censor myself :s
  • PikaKnight
    Options

:indifferent:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

56833400.jpg

• spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    This just got REALLY Real... lol
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Boy have things changed!

tumblr_m5o4udATpi1ru3pbjo1_400.jpga6fedd34a5b6a15c3e49790936092c60.jpgarticle-0-0EFD84EB00000578-31_306x470.jpg
    Image_20121115_173508.jpg
    article-0-0EFD848F00000578-448_634x808.jpg

1_729-biggest-loser-rachel-af-620x349.jpg
    RenegadeBanner-Ads.png
    diet-pill-website.jpg

I'm 5'4" and about 120 pounds much like the "after" image in the weight gainer ad with the 35 inch bust and 26 inch waist. Most people I come across who are crass enough to say anything about the size/shape of my body would classify me as "skinny" or "thin." I don't think I understand your point in posting this.

I was just pointing out a fact of how things have changed as far as our body image and how it's surprising to see that there were actual ads for gaining weight vs losing that's all!

I don't think it's changed at all. I think "healthy" is what was being advertised as desirable and the norm. The girls images in the before are people who would most likely be classified as underweight. I'm sure there were also ads out there for weight loss, but obesity wasn't so prevalent in that era. There are still many people who take mass gainers or have cosmetic surgery to increase their size or give them a "fuller" appearance.
  • MadMc28
    MadMc28 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    For once...does it have to be about size? Women are all unique, we have strengths and our weaknesses...and most importantly our DIFFERENCES. If the person is happy & healthy...shouldn't that be what we care about? People change, they fluctuate their entire life. Personality is definitely something to build on, and honestly the most attractive quality in a person. Women are judged and compared....DAILY. Men do it, women do it, media does it. I was the girl, who couldn't leave the house without hair perfect, makeup perfect...boutique clothing...the whole 9 yards. I didn't care what it took, I would look perfect...for others. I forgot me. It isn't about the size people...it is about the unique and beautiful WOMAN that is under the skin.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    spicy618 wrote: »
    This just got REALLY Real... lol

More like it got disgusting.

If you have a preference, that's fine. But some of the things said in here is just...disgusting.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    So let me get this right. No one can have a preference or you're just not allowed to indicate your preference? Which of those criteria qualify as body shaming?
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    So let me get this right. No one can have a preference or you're just not allowed to indicate your preference? Which of those criteria qualify as body shaming?

There's a difference between, "I prefer ____," and "No one wants ____."
  • PikaKnight
    Options

There's a difference between saying, "Personally, I prefer so and so body type".

It's different when you start insulting other people's body types.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

Having a preference is fine. Calling names is not. I am not a stick or a bag of hangers.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sorry... Must've missed the posts that called out individual users body types.
This discussion has been closed.