Your Little Successes This Week ...

Options
Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
Many of us have big goals for weightloss, fitness, etc. ... but this thread is for those little things that make us smile along the way.

~~~~~~

For example ...

Today, I am comfortably wearing a certain pair of capris. These capris had always been loose on me ... until I went to try them on last December, and to my shock, they weren't loose anymore. In fact, I struggled to zip them up, and there was no way I could have worn them for more than a few minutes. They were painfully tight.

But today, I am sitting comfortably in them again. :)

Small victory!

Replies

• movegrooveandwatchthefood
    Options
    Worked out 3 times this week and dropped 4 #'s. 5 to go!!! Until 299!!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Worked out 3 times this week and dropped 4 #'s. 5 to go!!! Until 299!!

:mrgreen:

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Into my 3rd week lifting (by Monday I will have completed 12 sessions in 3 weeks!) and lost another 2 lbs as of today. 11 Lbs down since Feb 16th! Feeling stronger, fitter, happier already. Learning that patience and persistance pays off :smiley:
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am starting to feel more comfortable in my own skin :). Slowly but surely!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Worked out hard 3 times this week
  • frazerkate_sw
    frazerkate_sw Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    4lbs off, added extra movement to everyday (walking a few bus stops instead of waiting etc), and shaved 1 minute off last week's 1.45mi run.

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I dropped 2.9% body fat in 4 weeks (if you believe body fat monitors - which I choose to do today!)
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Benched 90lbs 3x5 and can probably hit 95 on Monday...oh so close to my immediate goal of benching 100lbs.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Had a busier than average week, a lot of driving and sitting though, I had pre-planned for a couple "break days ", but got up just a half hour earlier to fit in the work outs instead.
  • Machka9
    Options
    :mrgreen: Good job everyone. :)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I felt as close to sexy as I ever felt. But that went away by Tuesday as I started to get pissed off at the state of my stomach and started feeling gross again.

So, a big but brief win. It did help that I bought Pink underwear by Victoria Secret in XS for the first time, though. :smile:
  • futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lost two pounds this week! And all my pants that were too tight (but I refused to go to a larger size -- vanity...) now are kind of loose. 10 pounds down, 40 more to go!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I've worked out every day this week and, as of yesterday, I've added strength training to my cardio.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I found the most adorable trench coat when I went out shopping. If this was ten months ago and I was still a 3X-4X, I would've stared longingly at it and walked away, feeling awful about myself. But I bought it in a size 14, and it looks fabulous. Total victory :)
  • aggiekaren01
    aggiekaren01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I walked away from the boxes of sausage and cheese kolaches in the breakroom and ate oatmeal earlier this week. Cheesy/meaty breakfast foods are hard for me.
  • jskyjse
    jskyjse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wore jeans one size less to work today.
  • onehappypickle
    onehappypickle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started c25k this week, and even though I've always secretly loathed running, I'm starting to find myself looking forward to it! :-)
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I went to Culver's (a restaurant with FANTABULOUS frozen custard and AMAZING fried cheese curds, for those of you who do not have the pleasure of having a Culver's near you) last night to get ice cream for my kids and husband and I didn't get any for myself! Actually, that's a freakin' major success!!!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I finally added spin to the several work out routines I already had! My bum feels great after only a few classes LOL! I also went up in my handweights, I was using 12/15's and this week I have been using 15/20's. I am getting very close to athlete level in terms of body fat and measurements. Over a fairly traumatic year I've managed to build lean muscle and maintain around my goal weight from last Summer, as evidenced by the fact that my shorts from last year (at my smallest size), still fit me perfectly! I went from a size small top to an extra small in about a month, evidence that I've lost inches but gained additional lean muscle. Yay!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I felt as close to sexy as I ever felt. But that went away by Tuesday as I started to get pissed off at the state of my stomach and started feeling gross again.

So, a big but brief win. It did help that I bought Pink underwear by Victoria Secret in XS for the first time, though. :smile:
    Your profile pic is super inspiring! Love your progress!!!

Little success this week : Down 27lb total since February... Plus, TOM is around the corner, and my godawful bloat started, and I'm still down :) Very stoked :)