Freaking Costco

Options
i went into Costco for toilet paper and dog food. walked out with that plus cinnamon bread, a jar of dark chocolate sea salt chocolates and a smoothie. Damnit.

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Yep, that'll happen.

I make a habit of shopping with a list when I go do my groceries. I make the list when I pre-log my week, and if it's not on the list, I don't buy it.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i went into Costco for toilet paper and dog food. walked out with that plus cinnamon bread, a jar of dark chocolate sea salt chocolates and a smoothie. Damnit.

I'll take those, dang those sound YUM!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm that way with Sam's Club. (I'd prefer to be a member of Costco or BJ's, but they are WAY further away)

I have to use a strict shopping list and sometimes have to go so far as to do a "Click-n-Pull" order to impose disciple.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lol yep. And $200 later....
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the free samples and that amazing chicken bake ;)
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I want to cancel my Costco membership, just for that reason, but my husband won't let me.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

*kitten*!!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    > walked out with that plus cinnamon bread, a jar of dark chocolate sea salt chocolates and a smoothie.

That isn't Costco's fault.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I solve that problem by just getting super annoyed at the traffic jams around the samples. They block the entire aisle and could care less about anything except shoving free food in their mouths. I see the samples and just try and walk the other way to avoid trying to deal with the crowd.

Of course, I have rage shopping issues... :smile:
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I finally bought the Kitchen Safe so that when the jug of chocolate covered almonds at Costco wins I can at least lock them up...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I solve that problem by just getting super annoyed at the traffic jams around the samples. They block the entire aisle and could care less about anything except shoving free food in their mouths. I see the samples and just try and walk the other way to avoid trying to deal with the crowd.

Of course, I have rage shopping issues... :smile:
    Thak you!! I thought I was the only one who got crazy mad with the free food scroungers..........
  • phxhiker
    phxhiker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finally bought the Kitchen Safe so that when the jug of chocolate covered almonds at Costco wins I can at least lock them up...

That's a great idea! I need one of those for peanut butter!
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    what the heck is a kitchen safe?
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I remember my mom would take me there every August before going back to college. Giant Gold Fish boxes, massive Utz pretzel jugs, huge case of Kraft mac and cheese and of course the ginormous box of Ramen! College survival pack!
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I went yesterday for 2 things and I did not get a basket so I couldn't buy more than I could carry. It worked! Confused the poor cashier though. Guess that wouldn't work depending on what you were getting-- if too big or heavy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Used to be that way with BJs, then I figured that I'd pay less if I just stocked up when things go on sale, so it's what I'm doing now... No free samples there at least (and no Costco anywhere close).
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    what the heck is a kitchen safe?

It's a locked container that only unlocks once a day (or however often you set it). Many people who are working through binging find them useful tools. I've never used one...

http://www.thekitchensafe.com/
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I love Costco! I get bulk fruit & veggies there, hummus in individual cups, "Aussie Bites", quinoa, brown rice, and many other great foods. I also love their liquor store. I can't go through there without buying a few bottles of red wine.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    That's too bad--there are tons of healthy choices available at Costco. I love their fresh produce and bagged salads.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options

I work at BJ'S and the people at the sample carts always want to feed me. I'm sure I eat an extra couple hundred calories in samples from time to time.