Carbs

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with low-carb - I've lost and maintained my weight eating around 350g carbs a day - fueling my body appropriately to train

and I've never felt better

don't take food advice from a trainer, they aren't qualified to dispense it

and do what you feel you can stick with for life - but fgs not at such a low calorie count .. food is fuel ..
  • NowSteffy50
    NowSteffy50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just my own experience, but I find that balancing the carbs during the day is working well for me. My body is happy to lose weight when I focus my carbs on breakfast and lunch, and have a more protein focused dinner. I sleep better and am genuinely hungry at breakfast time. This stops me skipping breakfast and then being ravenous mid-morning.

When I don't follow this pattern, my weighloss just slows to a snails pace.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Becky_W25 I can't BELIEVE after your talk about your stomach being your 'trouble area' no one linked this before. Don't worry, I got your back!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

So you want a nice stomach.
  • Becky_W25
    Becky_W25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I can't deal with low-carb - I've lost and maintained my weight eating around 350g carbs a day - fueling my body appropriately to train

and I've never felt better

don't take food advice from a trainer, they aren't qualified to dispense it

and do what you feel you can stick with for life - but fgs not at such a low calorie count .. food is fuel ..

Thank you!
  • Becky_W25
    Options
    Just my own experience, but I find that balancing the carbs during the day is working well for me. My body is happy to lose weight when I focus my carbs on breakfast and lunch, and have a more protein focused dinner. I sleep better and am genuinely hungry at breakfast time. This stops me skipping breakfast and then being ravenous mid-morning.

When I don't follow this pattern, my weighloss just slows to a snails pace.

That seems like a good routine! I might try that.
  • Becky_W25
    Options
    @Becky_W25 I can't BELIEVE after your talk about your stomach being your 'trouble area' no one linked this before. Don't worry, I got your back!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Thank you
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Becky_W25 wrote: »
    Does anyone else do a 25g daily carb intake and can you give me some suggestions/ideas to how I can get my carb count down?

Your working out twice a day, with weights, 5 days a week, so 10 weight training workouts...and at just 900-1000 calories? This is dangerous...

YOU NEED CARBS!! Your muscles love and prefer carbs to work, recover, and grow.

I load carbs up in the meal before weight traiing, drink a carb drink during the workout, and slam carbs after the workout.

Exactly what are your goals?

No..No one needs carbs. Sorry, not true. You had me with everything until you started with DANGER posts...

What about fiber? We don't need fiber?
    Can your brain get enough through ketones and gluconeogensis to function properly that we can have 0g of carbs a day?

A lot of people do 0 carbs and they do great. I personally don't think I can stick to 0 carbs for life so that is why I do 20g or less a day, because I know I can stick to that. It's easy and I can have my salads, but there isn't a real need for carbs. If your body doesn't have carbs to burn, your body will use fat instead, which is why the weight loss on low carb, high fat diets are usually pretty quick when there is a lot of fat to lose.

There are a lot of people who eat nothing buy meat?

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Does anyone else do a 25g daily carb intake and can you give me some suggestions/ideas to how I can get my carb count down?

Your working out twice a day, with weights, 5 days a week, so 10 weight training workouts...and at just 900-1000 calories? This is dangerous...

I load carbs up in the meal before weight traiing, drink a carb drink during the workout, and slam carbs after the workout.

No..No one needs carbs. Sorry, not true. You had me with everything until you started with DANGER posts...

Can your brain get enough through ketones and gluconeogensis to function properly that we can have 0g of carbs a day?

A lot of people do 0 carbs and they do great. I personally don't think I can stick to 0 carbs for life so that is why I do 20g or less a day, because I know I can stick to that. It's easy and I can have my salads, but there isn't a real need for carbs. If your body doesn't have carbs to burn, your body will use fat instead, which is why the weight loss on low carb, high fat diets are usually pretty quick when there is a lot of fat to lose.

Meat, eggs and cheeses
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Um....it's on page 2....twice.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

http://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb
  • JessikaJacobs87
    JessikaJacobs87 Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Meats, eggs, cheese, pickles, olives, almond milk...and a lot of other things. My grocery bill is fantastic. I save a lot of money, and I have a ton of energry. But really, it's all about preference. I like my LCHF diet. It works for me. Food /is/ fuel, but my body doesnt require carbs for it's fuel. 11.5lbs and almost 20 inches cant be wrong considering im not starving all the time and have way more energy than almost anyone else I know, even the ones that use supplements.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Meat, eggs and cheeses

Eggs have carbs. Cheese has carbs. You said "no carb".
  • Hornsby
    edited April 2015
    Options

Meats, eggs, cheese, pickles, olives, almond milk...and a lot of other things. My grocery bill is fantastic. I save a lot of money, and I have a ton of energry. But really, it's all about preference. I like my LCHF diet. It works for me. Food /is/ fuel, but my body doesnt require carbs for it's fuel. 11.5lbs and almost 20 inches cant be wrong considering im not starving all the time and have way more energy than almost anyone else I know, even the ones that use supplements.

Much of that has carbs. Someone mentioned "no carb", not low carb.

• Hornsby
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

http://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb

Not gonna click through links. I know there are some that eat 0 carb. She mentioned 0 carb like it was common though.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

The LCD group is having a "Meatavore May" event, where anyone who's interested is signing in to stick to a meat-only LC program for one month to see if it changes any current craving or health issues they're dealing with. Maybe you'd care to participate to see how it works?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

The LCD group is having a "Meatavore May" event, where anyone who's interested is signing in to stick to a meat-only LC program for one month to see if it changes any current craving or health issues they're dealing with. Maybe you'd care to participate to see how it works?

Not a chance. I love carbs. I don't have any craving or health issues currently on 60% carbs.

• JessikaJacobs87
    Options
    eggs, bacon, most meat (that I buy), depending on the type of cheese, fish (such as talapia), ground turkey, olive oil, some butters.... these are all examples of zero carb food items. It's not hard or impossible. And that's just from looking through my food diary that I found these.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    eggs, bacon, most meat (that I buy), depending on the type of cheese, fish (such as talapia), ground turkey, olive oil, some butters.... these are all examples of zero carb food items. It's not hard or impossible. And that's just from looking through my food diary that I found these.

Except cheese and eggs have carbs. How can they be 0 carb when they have carbs?

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

Except cheese and eggs have carbs. How can they be 0 carb when they have carbs?

It's the mysterious anti-carb carb.
  • JessikaJacobs87
    Options
    Some cheese does have carbs, others have low or no carbs at all. If I knew how to paste a picture here I would show you. Infact, you can look at my food diary, if you like. Some of my cheese has 2g of carbs, other cheese has none. And all of my eggs have 0g of carbs. Or, next time you go to the grocery, have a look for yourself. Not lying here, everything I listed above has 0g of carbs.