What is YOUR least favorite part of having a healthy lifestyle?

Options

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Not being able to over train. Its so hard for me not to go to the gym!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jessieleah wrote: »
    Life was a lot less stressful when I wasn't aware of just how many calories were in all the things I used to eat! But being fat sure made life pretty crappy.

So true. I am one of those who went from healthy/athletic to cooped up from an accident. Got bored, tired, didn't care much and ate without giving it any thought. Forty lbs later, you see a photo and freak out.....so turning it around is a big deal. I do miss not having to plan for anything though. I totally agree though....being healthy again is soooo much better than feeling crappy!!!

if you are "stressing out" over planning and/or food choices then you are doing it wrong.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I remember stressing about food. That passed eventually with exercise. I got into a routine of how much I should eat per meal basically, and came to be able to recognize when I am hungry and only eat then. Really, it's the exercise that allows me to eat. Without it, yeah, I would feel very restricted. Particularly because I would still be counting carbs meticulously...instead of celebrating carbs like I do now to fuel long runs. Just my take on it. It's unique from person to person.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Cooking a full day's worth of meals to bring to work, and having to use an obnoxiously large lunch bag that could probably hold my entire fridge.

...and dishes. Having previously eaten alot of fast food/take out, I wash what seems like a TON of dishes of every day.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Cooking a full day's worth of meals to bring to work, and having to use an obnoxiously large lunch bag that could probably hold my entire fridge.

...and dishes. Having previously eaten alot of fast food/take out, I wash what seems like a TON of dishes of every day.

LOL!!!!!!! Yes - the dishes!!! Fortunately, I don't mind that, but I spend two days a week prepping and the clean up is always a joy. :|
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »
    I struggle with preparing the foods that I eat as part of my lifestyle, while keeping the hubs fed with what he enjoys. Luckily, he takes care of himself much of the time, but I still feel guilty pangs once in a while. We've already been through the "we'll get healthy together!" attempts, he always drops off, so I leave him alone about it.

My husband is the same. I cook a healthy meal for myself (like steamed fish & veggies) and then also make him a meal too in the same night (like lasagna). I don't mind the double cooking & it doesn't bother me to not eat what he's eating at all.
    I love to cook, and sip on wine when I do - and I miss being able to sip on wine while cooking! I still do occasionally, just cut back frequency and how much wine. I miss my relaxing, cooking, and wine-time!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Having to dry my hair more often. I sweat too much to skip a day washing, or at least rinsing, it. It's not long but it's thick and curly and I can't just let it air dry. There's a whole process involved and the timing has to be right or else I look like Robert Smith. I mean, if that's my biggest problem in life I lead a pretty charmed existence but it's probably my least favorite part of staying fit.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Huh? Least favorite? I have no idea what that even means. I generally like being awesome all the time :)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love how I feel and kinda okay with looks. But now I obsess about food to the point where I can get upset and frustrated when I can't have Chinese food or fries because they would blow 3/4 of my calories and not fill me up.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Going through new clothes like they're water. Nothing worse than having a great fitting pair of jeans that 6 months later look like you've got baggy butt going on. Gotta start over and spend more $$.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Not really anything. Since I've changed my habits, I just feel so much better and healthier, and it all makes anything that would seem an inconvenience to some (meal planning, not eating out, scheduling workouts, etc.) just feel like part of daily life for me. :)
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I love how I look and feel now...so that's good. The only thing that annoys me now is how much I notice bloat. Before I just kind of ate whatever and maintained within a pound or two but it seems now I can easily sway 10 lbs when I have a few bad days (even if my calories are within reason) because of bloat. But even at my highest I'm still hella sexier than I was before. :)
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the hair washing and dishes. Also my obsessive calorie counting and logging every little thing. It takes up a lot of my day.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jessieleah wrote: »
    Life was a lot less stressful when I wasn't aware of just how many calories were in all the things I used to eat! But being fat sure made life pretty crappy.

So true. I am one of those who went from healthy/athletic to cooped up from an accident. Got bored, tired, didn't care much and ate without giving it any thought. Forty lbs later, you see a photo and freak out.....so turning it around is a big deal. I do miss not having to plan for anything though. I totally agree though....being healthy again is soooo much better than feeling crappy!!!

if you are "stressing out" over planning and/or food choices then you are doing it wrong.

Maybe I am "doing it wrong", but...
    I understand that the whole point is to make it an enjoyable, sustainable lifestyle and I agree with that, however... for those of us who do "stress out" a little, or concentrate a lot more on our choices... it's possible that we're doing so because we're on half the amount of calories that you are. Granted, if I was on 2500 a day, I could eat pretty much anything I wanted without having to think about it either..."stress free"... just my opinion, of course...

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    My least favorite part is not getting 100% of the results I want out of living a healthy lifestyle. I mean, I am healthy. But I do find that for me eating a healthy diet and getting exercise is really not reducing my general day-to-day stress anymore than when I was very sedentary and not eating as healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nothing really...I brown bag it 99% of the time at work and having to put my lunch together every night is sometimes a PITA, but other than that I'm good...
  • teacton11
    teacton11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not smoking.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The day after leg day. Yeah, putting on underwear that day, or even moving.
  • happymom221
    happymom221 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do laundry more frequently because of stinky exercise clothes.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I do laundry more frequently because of stinky exercise clothes.
    Thank you!! We have some stinky people in our gym!!!