Corn: how much and how often

Options
13»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I only ever eat corn when it's Silver Queen season here in New Jersey and I buy it from a local farm. It's the only time it tastes good enough to bother with.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    great, now I want corn.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    If I can make this wonderful deliciousness fit into my day...

Mexican+Corn+on+the+Cob+(Elote)+3+500.jpg

you can most definitely fit this into your day.

Frozen-Sweet-Corn.jpg
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    great, now I REALLY want corn.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eating a cob of corn is just like drinking a gallon of high fructose corn syrup.

Nonsense. It is far tastier.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Corn is used to fatten cows. If it causes cows to get fat.... Why do you believe it wont make you fat. I do not eat corn or corn products, ever.

No more corn for me lol

More for me!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I live in Iowa, so yeah, I have some sort of contract to devour at least 6 ears of sweet corn a week from mid July - mid September.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Corn is a negative calorie food because it comes out whole after the digestion process, therefore your body actually burns more calories to digest it than calories contained in the food. So eat as much as you want as long as you don't put butter and salt on it.

I can't believe I actually typed that with a straight face
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    We ate corn several times a week growing up but these days I only eat fresh corn in the summer -- it's too delicious to pass up.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Corn is used to fatten cows. If it causes cows to get fat.... Why do you believe it wont make you fat. I do not eat corn or corn products, ever.

He's right

e0dgnwu2z3y7.jpg

Did you know that PIGS are FATTENED with ALL KINDS OF VEGETABLES and that's why I don't eat vegetables or vegetable accessories
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Is there some problem here? We're discussing eating corn, not drinking battery acid are we?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Corn is a negative calorie food because it comes out whole after the digestion process, therefore your body actually burns more calories to digest it than calories contained in the food. So eat as much as you want as long as you don't put butter and salt on it.

ew dude
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I eat corn almost daily. I love me some corn pudding!

Also, I listen to Korn almost every day too.

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

He's right

Did you know that PIGS are FATTENED with ALL KINDS OF VEGETABLES and that's why I don't eat vegetables or vegetable accessories

Vegetable accessories are my fave.

Dolce%20and%20Gabbana%20Vegetable%20Trend2.jpg

pastajew10.jpg
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »

ew dude
    LOL I have a 5 year old boy so bodily functions are always a topic of discussion.

Also, not a dude.

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I love corn!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I live in Iowa, so yeah, I have some sort of contract to devour at least 6 ears of sweet corn a week from mid July - mid September.

If I didn't eat corn I would feel like a traitor to my people. (Wisconsin) now I live in Texas and would die of sadness if I couldn't eat chips and salsa.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    i love the corn, eat the corn...enjoy the corn!