Low carb help

Options
Started low carb diet today and am kind of doing it by myself so this morning I've had mushrooms and two eggs fried in veg oil, is this ok? I'm really full so won't need lunch and dinner with be fish salmon and green veg. Are you allowed to chew sugar free gum?

Replies

• innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Eggs with veggies are great. You still need to eat something for lunch, even if it's just a salad. Dinner looks fine and yes, you can chew sugar free gum, but I wouldn't for the first couple of days. Sometimes it can trigger cravings for sweets.

I would add some nuts or dairy as well.
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum gave me terrible gas pains when I used to chew it. All sugar alcohols (fake sweeteners) do a number on my gut. Not worth it to me.
    As for what is allowed or OK for the rest of your diet, what plan are you following? you say low carb, but what is your carb level? Low carb can be anything from 0 to 150g. Are you trying keto?
    You may want to try this group for more support : http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Your menus for today sound fine. Apparently some sugar free gum has carbs and it can add up if you chew a lot so you'll want to count them. You might want to join the MFP low carb group too if you want some support/tips!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are "allowed" to eat ANYTHING you want! Wow! If you want to lose weight, just exert portion control. Counting calories is one way to do that. For health, eat a varity of foods every day. For novelty, eat low carb or any other "diet". For satiety and easy compliance, experiment until you find what suits YOU best.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Iv been doing low carb for about 3weeks. Bin the veg oil. Buy some coconut oil. olive oil. Stock up on clean fresh veg. I go with everything from beans green beans french beans asparagus broccoli cabbage brussel sprouts carrots the list is endless. Get yourself lots of meats and fish. Even beacon is good.

Goods fats. avocado olive oil coconut oil. Olive oil butter. Cheese, cream. Full fat milk
    Fish. Any and good. Salmon stock up on that
    Meat. Any and all.
    Seeds nuts
    Fruit. Any and all.
    Veg. Any and all.

Breakfast, eggs are great. Cook up them anyway you like even some cheese but not that process slices or canned cheese. Even make an egg omelet out of them. Add one. Or two cups of veg with your eggs.

Your going to fill full and not want to eat. But make sure you eat

Lunch, fish or meat with salad or steam veg some seeds nuts cheese ect.

Dinner, meat. Fish salad or veg

Snacks, fruit seeds nuts.

Try and have, about one or 2 cups of veg with every meal. But of course you can have some meals thats the odd exception

Even though your on a low carb. Same here the breaking down of fats can give you the worse breath ever. So il say dont go totally low. Have the odd jacket potato. And brown rice.

But lots of healthy clean unprocessed food. Everything today is full of sugar. We supposed to eat. 6-9spoons aday. Pasta sauce has 12spoons. Coke has 6spoons. So stay away from unnatural crap. Make everything fresh and healthy. Add lots of veg with every meal.

Watch a documentary called fed up. We cant eat anything we want. 80% of all foods have high amounts of sugar. A 2 pound bag of sugar is zero fat. But as soon as it gets in your body its turned to fat. How can we eat whatever we like when. We are supposed to eat 6-9 spoons of sugar aday. And when pastor sauce of 12spoons.

We have been told wrong our whole lifes. That fat is bad so take out the fat the food is tasteless so that added tons of sugar. And sugar has same feelings on the brain as cocaine.

Good fat is not bad.
    Natural fish meat seeds nuts fruits veg are great.
    High amounts of sugar in food is bad.
    1 cookie has up to 3spoons of sugar add it all up. Over the day you cant eat want you want. Our bodies has not involved to eat crap food.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Watch a documentary called fed up. We cant eat anything we want. 80% of all foods have high amounts of sugar. A 2 pound bag of sugar is zero fat. But as soon as it gets in your body its turned to fat. How can we eat whatever we like when. We are supposed to eat 6-9 spoons of sugar aday. And when pastor sauce of 12spoons.

This sounds like a lot of fear-mongering and pseudoscience.

My body will only turn the energy from sugar into fat if I eat excess calories. And if I eat excess calories, KY body will store them - - even if they are "good fat."

A low carb diet can help people reach a calorie deficit. But there is nothing magical about a high fat diet that circumvents physics.

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

But lots of healthy clean unprocessed food. Everything today is full of sugar. We supposed to eat. 6-9spoons aday. Pasta sauce has 12spoons. Coke has 6spoons. So stay away from unnatural crap. Make everything fresh and healthy. Add lots of veg with every meal.

We have been told wrong our whole lifes. That fat is bad so take out the fat the food is tasteless so that added tons of sugar. And sugar has same feelings on the brain as cocaine.

Good fat is not bad.
    Natural fish meat seeds nuts fruits veg are great.
    High amounts of sugar in food is bad.
    1 cookie has up to 3spoons of sugar add it all up. Over the day you cant eat want you want. Our bodies has not involved to eat crap food.

You watched a "documentary" that claimed sugar gets turned to fat ie DNL, as soon as it enters the body? It's never oxidized and glycogenesis is a myth? And you felt the need to recommend such nonsense? LOL

Fruits and veggies are mostly sugars, why are you recommending them if they would immediately turn to sugar? Inb4moronicnaturalsugars