is drinking water immediately after food really bad

Options

Replies

• LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com/drinking-water-during-meals.html

Another link... also theres a lottsa links that says otherwise.

The difference between that link and the Mayo Clinic one is one is based on actual medical research and one is not. Mayo Clinic. -Doctor.-

This line in particular makes my blood boil: "Though doctors can recommend that there is nothing wrong with drinking water during meals. As per yogic/ ayurvedic philosophy you must drink lot of water throughout the day, but avoid drinking water during meals."

Okay. I'll listen to a doctor over a yoga instructor on that, who likely has not taken any real classes on physiology or dietetics. Thanks buh bye.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Time to get new friends.

Winning!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    http://www.yoga-for-beginners-a-practical-guide.com/drinking-water-during-meals.html

The difference between that link and the Mayo Clinic one is one is based on actual medical research and one is not. Mayo Clinic. -Doctor.-

This line in particular makes my blood boil: "Though doctors can recommend that there is nothing wrong with drinking water during meals. As per yogic/ ayurvedic philosophy you must drink lot of water throughout the day, but avoid drinking water during meals."

Okay. I'll listen to a doctor over a yoga instructor on that, who likely has not taken any real classes on physiology or dietetics. Thanks buh bye.

^^^This.

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Just make sure to chew your juice....

No seriously, Vain Hair (foodbabe) was going on about this, and as we all know, she's full of...
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Its said that having water immediate after you had your lunch or dinner is bad.. i dont get a complete feeling till i drink water after my food.. a friend said just gargle with water..but that doesnt help. Is drinking water post food real bad for lose weight or can i continue.

Does this make any sense to you? Really?
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Who is the person that wrote this?

What is this digestive fire?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

It's the fire that's in your digestive track that processes all your food by burning it. Hence why you sometimes get gas, it's a byproduct of the burning. Or at least that's what people tell me, so it's gotta be true.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Ladies and gentlemen, please learn how to vet sources so you don't trust excrement filled sites.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

It's the fire that's in your digestive track that processes all your food by burning it. Hence why you sometimes get gas, it's a byproduct of the burning. Or at least that's what people tell me, so it's gotta be true.

Ahhhh. Cool. Sounds right. Makes sense.
  • ncboiler89
    Options

7. If the stomach tone is less than normal, excessive water stays a long time in stomach interfering with digestion.

But this makes sense too. So confused.
  • DMLC2014
    DMLC2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My trainer said--- drink water anytime you want too!! Before, with or after!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This is hands down the dumbest question I have ever seen on MFP.

:huh:

There is no such thing as a dumb question. If you never ever ask, you'll never, ever know!!

• PolythenePam910
    PolythenePam910 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a friend tell me that it was bad for me to drink water BEFORE meals. Something about it messing up the stomach lining. I was just like, "uhhhh... ok".
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    This is hands down the dumbest question I have ever seen on MFP.

:huh:

There is no such thing as a dumb question. If you never ever ask, you'll never, ever know!!

Potentially dumb questions are better left to google. He doesn't care.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think it's bad form to try and make someone feel like a fool for asking a simple question.
    ^
  • ncboiler89
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in the camp of there are dumb questions. However I'm not saying this is one of them. Challenging the OP to think about the question and maybe come up with the answer himself/herself is not bad form.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Every time I think I have reached the end of the internet and have seen every variety of bizarre and random *kitten* it could possibly throw at me, it hits me with something even weirder.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    Every time I think I have reached the end of the internet and have seen every variety of bizarre and random *kitten* it could possibly throw at me, it hits me with something even weirder.

If this is 'weirder' for the internets to you then you don't internets enough. I once saw a Chinese lady and a.....well never mind.