Height & Weight Combo = ? Dress Size

Options
I'd like to know how height and weight combination corresponds to dress/jeans size. I realize that everyone's body is a little different. But I'm trying to determine if there's a (somewhat) common formula for it.

Ladies, please list your height, weight and clothing sizes as your weight loss progresses (or has progressed in the past) if you recall them.

It's nice to be able to think: "when I lose approximately X lbs., I'm going to be able to fit into Z size." It's a good way to get that extra motivation. ;)

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 204lbs and a US size 12 (Australian size 16)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm maintaining now, but my Stats are:
    5ft 4, 133lbs and a UK 8-10 (which i think is a US 4-6) and Medium framed.
    I think frame size plays a part too. https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    5'4 142lbs and size 10 uk
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think it's impossible, everyone body is more than just a little different. Height has a lot to do with the differences, body shape, and muscle mass of course. I am 5'1" and presently 126 lbs., and a size 6 petite pants (4 misses, but I'd have to take them up). I am aiming for 118, which means I'd be a 4 petite pants (and they would be a little loose). Generally, being short, I lose a size every 5 lbs. Average height people tend to lose a size in 10 lbs. I think, and some tall people seem to need to lose 15 to 20 lbs. for a size. Also I've noticed the plus sized people have to lose a lot to lose a size, so as you get smaller it seems like you also go down in size more quickly. I've noticed these tendencies from reading threads like this in the past, lol.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    5'6
    198lbs
    UK size 14
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to work....

I'm 165cm tall.
    Me at 136 lbs 5.5 years ago a uk size 10-12 in jeans.. (us size 6-8)
    Me at 132lbs atm a uk size 6 in jeans...(us size 2)
    (Based on Marks and Spencers and h&m sizes both times.)

I'd choose a goal that's either a dress size OR a weight.
    Everyone has a different shape one woman 165cm tall and 140 lbs could have tiny hips and a huge boobs another at same stats could have a apple shape body and be a bigger dress size.. Im exactly the same height both times and almost the same weight again but 2 sizes smaller - my theory is their is no correlation between weight/height/dress size what so ever.

Pick the goal that would make you happiest to achieve and stick with it!!!! If your dream is to hit X lbs shoot for that, if there's a size X dress you want to fit back into then aim for that!

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 160lb and a UK 10-12 (US 6-8) - at maintenance
    ...I'm large framed according to wrist / forearm measurements and tend to be hourglass although much less pronounced now

At 215lbs I was a large UK 16 (US 12)
  • Jensmyfitpal
    Jensmyfitpal Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    when I was slim 5ft 10
    11/11.5 stone
    size 10-12 very slim but tall
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I remember weighing 190 at 5'7 but wearing an 18... I got up to 250 and could still wear an 18-20... Bodies are strange.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    5ft5, 130ish pounds, uk 8-10, occasionally a 6 occasionally a 12
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What I did, because I've been obese nearly my entire life I have no "I want to fit back into a size x" or even "I want to look like I did when I was x kgs", was look to my family. Best I can do is say "well my mom was 135 lbs at 25 and a size 10" so that may be possible, but she's 2 inches shorter than me and said she didn't like maintaining that weight, maybe I'll aim for a bit heavier... I took her stories and looks and figure I share half of her genes, that may help figure out where I should put my goals.

But there is this also pretty cool site called My Body Gallery mybodygallery.com/ that can help you find people of similar size, shape and age as you and you can see how that shape may transform as it gets lighter.

But for your question's sake: largest weight 107 kg (235 lbs) = size 22 pants, 20 shirt; current wieght 96 kg (211 lbs) = size 18 ish (falling off) pants, size 16 shirt. Lightest weight as an adult 87 kgs (191) size 16 pants, 14 shirt. Never been much of a dress person so not sure what the dress sizes would be.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    5'6" 140lbs. large frame US size 4.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    5'6", 186.5, small frame/pear shape, just started wearing large tops and size 14 jeans this week. I'd been in XL since August and 16 since December. (Started 248/2x/size 22)
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 180lbs. Last time I weighed 180 pounds (pre pregnancy), I wore a size 14 U.S. dress. I just pulled out my clothes from before I had my daughter, as I hit the same weight. They are all at least a size too big.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4". Two years ago I weighed 125 lbs and wore a size 6 dress. Now I weigh 125 lbs and I wear a size 2 dress.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.
    At 240 pounds, I wore a size 18. (US size)
    At 150 pounds, I wore a size 6-10. (US size)
    At 180 pounds, I now wear a size 8-12 (depending on brand and cut). (US size)
  • Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 1/2, weigh 205 lb (14 st 9) and I have just become a UK size 20.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5'6" 147 lbs.

I am currently wearing sizes 6, 8, and 10 in dresses, all of which fit properly. Different brands, different sizing.

In jeans, I am in 8 & 10. 10 fits my waist and leaves me with a baggy butt. 8 is tight in the waist but properly fits my behind.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah this won't work. For a few reasons.

Vanity sizing is the main one. Different brands have different sizes, different cuts etc.

I have my prom dress from 2000...it is a size 10...@165 it almost fit...@150 it fits @ 140 it's a bit too big.

At that point I was really firm (pre baby) and I was 140-145...

I know wear a size 4 jean, small shirt/skirt/dress...
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    duckykissy wrote: »
    But there is this also pretty cool site called My Body Gallery mybodygallery.com/ that can help you find people of similar size, shape and age as you and you can see how that shape may transform as it gets lighter.
    That's a really good site actually!