Kale?

Options
13»

Replies

• Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    search dinosaur, dino, and or black kale on here--many good ideas on this thread as well others.
  • jochoe
    jochoe Posts: 1
    Options
    kale chips! toss it with some EVOO and salt and put it in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. it's low-calorie and the best to munch onto when you want to binge
  • RockingThis
    Options
    I work in a deli and we have a recipe that is so tasty. I don't know the actual amounts of each ingredient but I'll tell you what i think is all in it and you can go from there. Here's the list: kale, cranberries, shaved almonds, shelled pumpkin seeds( it's actually called pepita???)but they look like pumpkin seeds to me), and some sort of sweet ginger dressing?? it's lightly coated and ends up mixing really well, we always just mix with our gloved hands to make sure the sweetness gets evenly mixed. I'm sure you can find the recipe somewhere online if you look.
  • RockingThis
    Options
    I work in a deli and we have a recipe that is so tasty. I don't know the actual amounts of each ingredient but I'll tell you what i think is all in it and you can go from there. Here's the list: kale, cranberries, shaved almonds, shelled pumpkin seeds( it's actually called pepita???)but they look like pumpkin seeds to me), and some sort of sweet ginger dressing?? it's lightly coated and ends up mixing really well, we always just mix with our gloved hands to make sure the sweetness gets evenly mixed. I'm sure you can find the recipe somewhere online if you look.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the recommendations! Made kale chips tonight and wasn't crazy about the taste... Definitely not like potato chips as the prior poster said! But there are a lot of other good ideas:)
  • RunningRo
    RunningRo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting kale in the Trader Joe's unsweetened whey protein shakes with almond milk, nuts, cinnamon, nutmet and berries? If not, worth a pre or post work out...use stevia or agave nectar to sweeten naturally!
    :smile:
  • Butterfly_emerging
    Options
    Agreed! The smoothie I make is spinach, dark leafy greens, a few pieces of kale, strawberries, bluberries, banana, and plain greek yogurt. I add a little stevia if it's not sweet enough and about one cup of water. Blend it up and away ya go! Good meal replacement. I have it for breakfast often.:-)
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Kale chips...YUM!!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    our tortoise loves it. the people who live here....not so much.
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump!