People can be so unnerving...

Options

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Yeah, at 5 feet even and sedentary, she's likely meeting her basic nutritional needs. (And I am also WAY impressed at 200 g of chicken breast...I can barely choke down a 100g portion! Sits like a brick in my stomach without satisfying.)

It does look like a diet of sadness to me, but she's old enough to decide that for herself.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, us short ladies don't need much to get by... I wish I was a bit taller for so many reasons!

I think she's doing better than most with those calories. Lots of protein in there! Maybe encouraging her to go on a walk would be better. Though, you can't change people ;)

I also wish I was taller. I'd love to be able to eat 2000 a day and lose. :neutral:
  • Leana088
    Options
    Yeah, at 5 feet even and sedentary, she's likely meeting her basic nutritional needs. (And I am also WAY impressed at 200 g of chicken breast...I can barely choke down a 100g portion! Sits like a brick in my stomach without satisfying.)

It does look like a diet of sadness to me, but she's old enough to decide that for herself.

Actually, if you cook chicken breast fillets in some butter with a good spice mix it tastes nice. I've done it in a protein pinch.

Yeah, she is detached from food. She eats to stay alive and doesn't mind eating bland stuff. I myself would not be able to eat unless it was tasty. I don't eat just for the sake of eating. :blush:
  • melyssachan
    melyssachan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, us short ladies don't need much to get by... I wish I was a bit taller for so many reasons!

I think she's doing better than most with those calories. Lots of protein in there! Maybe encouraging her to go on a walk would be better. Though, you can't change people ;)

I also wish I was taller. I'd love to be able to eat 2000 a day and lose. :neutral:
    I'm 6'1" and I have 1,850 a day to lose a pound a week, but my activity level are low most days. :|
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter what and how much your friend is eating? Does she have a medical issue you haven't said that she's ignoring or what?

To me, you're coming off very food policey. So she doesn't eat what you think she eats. Why is that a problem for you?

Off-topic: I'm kinda tired of reading about "us shorties" who can't eat more than 1200 because of shortness. I'm 5'1" and I eat 1800. Height isn't the single thing that makes up how much you can eat and lose weight.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Seriously- it is none of your business. If I knew one of my friends was analyzing everything I ate and posting about it, I would consider them creepy and no longer be friends.
  • Leana088
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Why does it matter what and how much your friend is eating? Does she have a medical issue you haven't said that she's ignoring or what?

To me, you're coming off very food policey. So she doesn't eat what you think she eats. Why is that a problem for you?

Off-topic: I'm kinda tired of reading about "us shorties" who can't eat more than 1200 because of shortness. I'm 5'1" and I eat 1800. Height isn't the single thing that makes up how much you can eat and lose weight.

I apologise if that's the way I sounded. I was kind of concerned about the amount she's eating and general nutrition.

Off-topic: Obviously not. How much I eat varies from 1300-1500. But this was about her, not me. If I exercised more, I could also live of 1800, but since I can only walk for cardio, that would mean walking an additional hour and a half a day. Never meant to sound sorry for myself. :)
  • Leana088
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Seriously- it is none of your business. If I knew one of my friends was analyzing everything I ate and posting about it, I would consider them creepy and no longer be friends.

Actually it's not really analyzing since she shared the diet with me. But yeah, you're right. Come to think of it, it does sound a bit creepy now. :confused:

Guess I wrote it in a moment of panic about her health.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its not your body.

period. end of story.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Tell her nothing and tend to yourself. Unless you're with her 24/7, you have no idea what she's eating.

This.

Leana, why do you care about your friend's diet?
  • Leana088
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Tell her nothing and tend to yourself. Unless you're with her 24/7, you have no idea what she's eating.

This.

Leana, why do you care about your friend's diet?

She's like a sister to me. I don't want to see her mess up her body. But they're right. It's not my place. Unfortunately. I'll just try to lead by example.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    All you can do is share your knowledge. What she does with it is her business. If you do well and enjoy your diet she may want to copy you. If not, it's up to her.

This.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Worry about yourself please. You have good intentions in caring about your friends health but you also come off as trying to control her and have her do it your way. Just stop.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    The frustrating part is she's two glasses of milk away from eating the same amount as me, but nope. Stubborn.

Why do you want her to eat the same amount as you? I think you need to back off. She's a grown woman. I'd get irritated with any of my friends if they started nit picing my diet.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    despite my comment, i do understand.

when we start to better ourselves, we want our loved ones to do the same for THEMSELVES. Unfortunately, our journey is not theirs- and vice versa.

My neighbor constantly whines about not losing weight yet she doesnt monitor her intake at all, doesnt work out, etc etc . She knows how i do things and how its working for me. shes choosing her own path.No matter how much i want her to succeed, it is HER journey, not mine.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So you're asking advice on how to be an even more nosey / in-your-face / controlling 'friend'? Its her diet. If she prefers to not exercise and eat less, thats her choice. At 5 foot, her bmr can hardly be that high. So being at 1-1.1k calories / day with little or no exercise isn't that bad.
    Just because she prefers to go about her weightloss differently than you, with different tastes in food or happy with eating a small variety, is none of your concern.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm just surprised that so many people hate chicken breasts. Am I the only one who likes them? :huh:
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't know if you have a spouse or significant other in your life, but maybe you can take the comments in this thread as a learning experience so this doesn't happen in a relationship. I can't imagine what my life would look like if I tried to monitor my husbands caloric intake like that or if he tried to monitor mine. It would not be pretty. Even with your best intentions for your friend at heart, monitoring another persons food intake does not make for a healthy relationship. Learning to give up control of the things you shouldn't and don't have control of in the first place is a lesson well learned.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    I'm just surprised that so many people hate chicken breasts. Am I the only one who likes them? :huh:

Chicken thighs are more tender, juicy and flavorful IMO.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Sisters are bossy....even the taller ones. ;)