People can be so unnerving...

13»

Replies

  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Wow this thread sure turned out interesting while I wasn't here. ;)

    For the record, I never said anything to her. I was just thinking among myself.

    Also:
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I think it's sad though that young healthy people like OP are pre-occupied with the imagined effects of perfectly healthy food in reasonable amounts on "health". Precisely at the healthiest times of their young lives and the lives of their friends.

    Media induced brainwashing. Too bad.

    Wuut??

    Sorry. English is my second language. :confused:
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Leana088 wrote: »
    Wow this thread sure turned out interesting while I wasn't here. ;)

    For the record, I never said anything to her. I was just thinking among myself.

    Also:
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I think it's sad though that young healthy people like OP are pre-occupied with the imagined effects of perfectly healthy food in reasonable amounts on "health". Precisely at the healthiest times of their young lives and the lives of their friends.

    Media induced brainwashing. Too bad.

    Wuut??

    Sorry. English is my second language. :confused:

    I'll put it this way. You are the picture of glowing vibrant health and in your early to mid twenties if I remember correctly because you mentioned your age in one of your other discussions. Your friend probably falls into the same category.

    Yet in your posts about your friend, you repeatedly mention concerns for her "health" as it relates to what she's eating and how much she's eating. To me it sounds like she's eating good food in reasonable amounts.

    Health is constantly harped on in the media and consequently, the general public is all wigged out about it. It's one thing for a middle aged or elderly person with chronic health abnormalities to be worried about health, but...

    Personally, unless someone your age is already sick, I don't think you should be concerned about her health at all. Because she's healthy and she will probably stay that way throughout her 20s and 30s and maybe even her 40s without having to do anything special at all. Just my perspective.

    The reason I was worried about it is because she's eating 1000-1100 calories a day. The minimum number for a short, sedentary woman is 1200. And even then it's difficult to get adequate nutrition without being really careful.

    You're right. She's strong now. But if she messes things up with her body she can feel the effects of it when she's older.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    I can't see a single thing wrong with what she is eating. Fish, chicken, veg in reasonable portion sizes for a sedentary shorty. Come see us again when your friend is eating her body weight in donuts and pizza and washing it all down with the equivalent of a full bathtub worth of cola. Only then will I be able to see there is cause for concern.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    I can't see a single thing wrong with what she is eating. Fish, chicken, veg in reasonable portion sizes for a sedentary shorty. Come see us again when your friend is eating her body weight in donuts and pizza and washing it all down with the equivalent of a full bathtub worth of cola. Only then will I be able to see there is cause for concern.

    Sounds heavenly...maybe I should try that...Lol :trollface:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Also, you say you don't know how many almonds she eats. She could easily eat 100 more calories than you think in almonds and be at 1200.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Right then. I'll stop worrying. Good night MFP ! :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    I'm just surprised that so many people hate chicken breasts. Am I the only one who likes them? :huh:

    I love breasts. But I love thighs, too.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    For what it's worth I think you're being a decent friend by showing concern and asking for the communities thoughts, that is what its here for.
    I'm worried about a family members eating habits at the moment (extremely restricted diet <800 per day, excessive laxative use, possible ED, very thin) so I know how it feels to be worried about someone you care about.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    I'm more concerned about chicken cooked in light margarine...Barf!!!!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2015
    Dear god, i am so glad i don't have a friend on MFP pronouncing to the world how "unhealthy" they think i am because they've been overanalyzing my food choices.

    bejeezus.



    Nice answer: go! OP, please focus your efforts on the things within your control. In life, there is only one person whom we can control and that is ourselves. Not your partner, nor friends, nor family, can be controlled. Their actions (and said consequences) are their own personal problems and separate from you and your life.

    Trying to control others eating habits, feelings, vices, etc. is only going to lead to personal dissapointment. Let it go.

    If you are truly concerned that her HEALTH is at risk, then approach her about it from that angle and provide her means to seek guidance and help. She doesn't have to do anything because you suggest it.

    I truly wonder though, are you concerned because she is lighter than you and it brings up your own insecurities? Or do you act this same way everytime your friends, partners, family members, etc. eat mcdonalds for lunch? Or order pizza? Or do anything else that is "unhealthy?" Or are you only concerned because she DOESN'T eat junk?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited April 2015
    .
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    I don't see anything wrong with what she is doing. I couldn't eat that low fat.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    None of your beeswax.

    Nor ours.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    How about your friend is a grown woman who is supporting herself, feeding herself, and in good health, so you can go ahead and stop mothering her and trying to force changes in her already healthy habits?