Pole fitness buddies

Options
I've been taking pole classes since January and I absolutely love it! I'm looking for fellow pole-ers to chat with here :)

I also run/cycle/hillwalk/climb and ride my two horses!

Kat

Replies

• Pole_Kat
    Pole_Kat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nobody? :(
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Me, but you know me, haha... I put out a message in Jan and got no takers so maybe there ain't many of us?
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    I guess so! We should be spreading the message of how awesome pole is!!
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    It really is awesome, the perfect cardio-strength-flexi. Where else can you shed cals, weight train and be creative all in one session. I ❤️ pole.
  • melindanoufal
    melindanoufal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I pole dance, stopped for a while now because of an injury which sucks, can't wait to get back after exams are done! We have a big pole community in Glasgow uni (we r the largest club that train on campus) :)<3
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I want to do it! Nobody around my area (100 mile radius) teaches it. I think it would be awesome exercise!

(Hmmm, there are a couple of strip clubs though...maybe they can teach it?) :p
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    I pole dance, stopped for a while now because of an injury which sucks, can't wait to get back after exams are done! We have a big pole community in Glasgow uni (we r the largest club that train on campus) :)<3

Injury goes with the turf, I've had a rotary cuff and am just recovered from a pec injury which kept me off the pole for 4 weeks. Wouldn't change a thing. My passion. I have a world champion teacher so I'm hugely motivated
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    I want to do it! Nobody around my area (100 mile radius) teaches it. I think it would be awesome exercise!

There are online lessons, but it's not the same as studio lessons.
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    I'm not far from you :D nice to meet another Scottish pole person :smile:

• Pole_Kat
    Options

Boo! I guess I'm pretty lucky where I am - there are four studios in my city!

• 1mumrevolution
    Options
    There is one, run by a world champion, in my small town
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a class next week!! I'm excited and super nervous. Any tips for a newbie?!
  • Local009
    Local009 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others and have fun.
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm glad there are more of us on here! ;) I started poledancing back in March and i'm so in love. I got so much stronger since then and it heped a lot in the last bit of my weight loss :^)
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get into it, but moved to a small town that doesn't have it! Plus my kids get in my way of doing anything athletic
  • salwahussein
    salwahussein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been taking pole classes since January and I absolutely love it! I'm looking for fellow pole-ers to chat with here :)

Kat

Where r u located?
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others and have fun.

This is like a life motto!

<3 thank you
  • Pole_Kat
    Options

Kat

Where r u located?

I'm in Scotland!
  • Pole_Kat
    Options
    Lovely to see some more pole people here!! :)
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just did my first class on Saturday and I loved it!! I am black and blue all over and can barely move still today but it was well worth it!!