13»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I'll write a shortened version of what didnt post originally -

I've been reading up a lot about how to lose weight the healthiest way and it seems like there's so much info out there about women's fertility being affected by calorie restriction, carb restriction, eating less frequently... Which are the ways to lose weight. :\

It kind of freaked me out a bit because I want to lose around 15kg. I know the way my body loses weight easily is by eating light during the day (fruit, nuts) and then having a larger meal in the evening. I googled it and it just came up with a load of PEO
    Le talking about how their bodies had been damaged by calorie restriction, one woman even said that by skipping breakfast and eating light during the day her body went into menopause at 35!

Can anyone restore my faith in a woman's body to be strong and beautiful, and not self distruct at the slightest stress like a lot of people seem to think? :\

My fertility actually got better with weight loss. So much so that I had a baby in January. Just sayin'.

Congratulations! And thanks. I have had a bit of trouble with irregular cycles and was hoping being healthier might help

I had irregular periods (but not PCOS), and once I started losing weight they started becoming more regular the more I lost.

That's really great! Can I ask how many calories you ate per day to lose? :)

Depends on how much I exercised. I'm 5'2 and started at 211 lbs. I ate anywhere from 1400 to 1900 calories. When I reached 155 lbs, that's when I conceived my baby. Now I'm eating 2000 calories, breastfeeding, and only doing light exercise and I'm 2.2 lbs away from 155 lbs (my pre-pregnancy weight).
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    RoseWhiteBrooke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »
    I think that you should never believe anything you read on the internet with out scientific proof, case studies, etc.. just because it is there on your screen..

Do your research on woman's issues that are important to you and even speak to your doctor...

I am not sure the meaning or what you are looking for in this post. sorry just saying...

I suppose I'm looking for the same as anyone else who posts on such forums, to hear other peoples views. :)

In terms of studies, a lot of the blogs I read back up their claims with some study or another - I think that with a topic like health and weight loss, there are so many different opinions from "professionals" who would show different studies to support their viewpoint that it can be a minefield trying to decipher what is best for you. And it took my doctor 18 months to diagnose severe anaemia, to the point my hair fell out etc, so I try and learn more about my body now too

At the risk of being a prying snoopy buttinsky, what, if anything, were you doing with your diet to result in severe anemia?

I've never been a big fan of red meat, after it had been diagnosed my doctor said it was also from having dairy around mealtimes and from having very regular periods. No worries about being nosy :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im stronger and healthier than my husband....
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    I'll write a shortened version of what didnt post originally -

I've been reading up a lot about how to lose weight the healthiest way and it seems like there's so much info out there about women's fertility being affected by calorie restriction, carb restriction, eating less frequently... Which are the ways to lose weight. :\

It kind of freaked me out a bit because I want to lose around 15kg. I know the way my body loses weight easily is by eating light during the day (fruit, nuts) and then having a larger meal in the evening. I googled it and it just came up with a load of PEO
    Le talking about how their bodies had been damaged by calorie restriction, one woman even said that by skipping breakfast and eating light during the day her body went into menopause at 35!

Can anyone restore my faith in a woman's body to be strong and beautiful, and not self distruct at the slightest stress like a lot of people seem to think? :\
    Visit your doctor if you're that concerned

Sometimes when you dump massive quantities of fat from your body, things get messed up for a while as far as your cycle but it's usually temporary and quite normal. Again, talk to your doc if you're concerned. The health benefits of losing weight should far outweigh what I unfortunately do see as paranoia, here.

Meal timing has no effect on weight loss, though it could affect your satiety and therefore your ability to consume less calories than your body burns over the duration it will take you to lose weight. Calories in, calories out ;) Only do the meal and small snacks whatever thing if that's what you really want

Thanks, yes definitely is a bit of paranoia creeping in I think lol. :)
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options

Congratulations
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster here

You must have been reading the plethora of My Partner Doesn't Compliment My Thighs Like He Used To Despite The Fact That I Run Using A Steep Incline 20 Kilometers A Day On The Treadmill And Never Allow A Crisp Or A Pudding To Pass My Lips And I'm On The Way To The Doctor's Office To Get My Prescriptions Adjusted As A Result Of This Abuse And Neglect.

And the many other threads like them.
    Yes that is the plethora I was reading! Are you hacking my browsing history?! -_-

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I think that you should never believe anything you read on the internet with out scientific proof, case studies, etc.. just because it is there on your screen..

Do your research on woman's issues that are important to you and even speak to your doctor...

I am not sure the meaning or what you are looking for in this post. sorry just saying...

I suppose I'm looking for the same as anyone else who posts on such forums, to hear other peoples views. :)

In terms of studies, a lot of the blogs I read back up their claims with some study or another - I think that with a topic like health and weight loss, there are so many different opinions from "professionals" who would show different studies to support their viewpoint that it can be a minefield trying to decipher what is best for you. And it took my doctor 18 months to diagnose severe anaemia, to the point my hair fell out etc, so I try and learn more about my body now too

At the risk of being a prying snoopy buttinsky, what, if anything, were you doing with your diet to result in severe anemia?

Not eating Cheerios.

I really tried. I tried so hard not to post this. I couldn't help myself.

OP, ignore me.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

Congratulations

you asked.... lol
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I think we're all pretty fragile. I just cut myself on a peice of paper. Our skin is a laughable barrier to any severe trauma. Horribly fragile creatures, we are. Both sexes though suffer from this fragility. Humans, it's a good thing we're clever, as a species.
  • RoseWhiteBrooke
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I think we're all pretty fragile. I just cut myself on a peice of paper. Our skin is a laughable barrier to any severe trauma. Horribly fragile creatures, we are. Both sexes though suffer from this fragility. Humans, it's a good thing we're clever, as a species.

Dammit. I was hoping MFP would give me the answers to superhuman organs.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Long time lurker, first time poster here
    Only if they THINK they are...it has a lot to do with what is in between your ears. :) Eat more, work out more, don't overdo it, you will be fine.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

Not eating Cheerios.

I really tried. I tried so hard not to post this. I couldn't help myself.

OP, ignore me.

Or Honey Nut Cheerios. Or Flintstones vitamins, Or Wheat Chex.
    3x14-4x14-There-s-a-beauty-in-walking-away-klaus-and-caroline-33750258-245-160.gif